Franklin County vs. Warren County

RebelMacon

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was nice to see a fairly full visitors side in Tullahoma the other night. What can we do to build more excitement though? Talented team, great coach, and a games this week that I feel will start the ball rolling. Fair-weather fans can go on. I was proud to buy my first set of season tickets this year, and I'm gonna try to hold on to those seats for as long as possible. I see the potential and the talent of the team.

"This Rebel football team has some talent, however, they have to learn to play as a team for four quarters of football and learn to trust in each other. In the first quarter we saw what they are capable of and I believe we will see that again very soon! It was good to see them come out and start well... we just need to sustain the energy and enthusiam for four quarters."-ELA

ELA is right on the money, and I know as a coach he can help them to see the need for the teamwork and trust. I look forward to the game Friday night, and I am becoming more confident that it will be a win. Anybody wanna set up plans to tailgate? It'd be great to build the Rebel Army up to where it needs to be. I'll have my helmet on ready for the game!!lol.

I was impressed with the first drive against Tullahoma and really thought we were in for dogfight. But FC got away from what made the first drive work. The passing game. You have got a very good running back in Martin but he only works when the passing game is on. Tullahoma keyed on him when FC quit throwing. Balance the offense and you will have no problem against Warren County.

"This Rebel football team has some talent, however, they have to learn to play as a team for four quarters of football and learn to trust in each other. In the first quarter we saw what they are capable of and I believe we will see that again very soon! It was good to see them come out and start well... we just need to sustain the energy and enthusiam for four quarters."-ELA

ELA is right on the money, and I know as a coach he can help them to see the need for the teamwork and trust. I look forward to the game Friday night, and I am becoming more confident that it will be a win. Anybody wanna set up plans to tailgate? It'd be great to build the Rebel Army up to where it needs to be. I'll have my helmet on ready for the game!!lol.

JUST WONDERING, WHAT HAPPENED TO COACHES TALKING TO THEIR PLAYERS AND NOT THE READERS OF COACHT. IF THE COACH WOULD WORRY MORE ABOUT THE GAME AND LESS ABOUT POSTING ON HERE, THEY MIGHT WIN A FEW GAMES

JUST WONDERING, WHAT HAPPENED TO COACHES TALKING TO THEIR PLAYERS AND NOT THE READERS OF COACHT. IF THE COACH WOULD WORRY MORE ABOUT THE GAME AND LESS ABOUT POSTING ON HERE, THEY MIGHT WIN A FEW GAMES

You obviously took time out of your day to read this and post, and tere is no reason a High School football coach can't have the same liberties. If you had a kid on a team, who was never allowed anything recreational other than football, you would be calling for the coach to lose his job. So, don't expect the same unethical obsession from a coach.

-Back to football-

I could see the argument of only playing Shedd on one side of the ball, and at times have agreed. He could have time to talk to receivers about miscommunications on the field, or even ro his running back about a mistake on a play (like the toss sweep/pitch play last friday night). I feel like this Friday night would be a good time to try this, and letting Shedd be fresh and ready for every offensive assignment and possesion.

Also, what are the feelings about our defense to this point? I felt like the WC was a better showing, but have confidence in this group. I do agree with Coach A that at times these kids needs to stick to their repsonsibilities and trust the other ten guys on the field. I do suspect a win, and a little confidence will go a long ways for both sides of the ball.

You obviously took time out of your day to read this and post, and tere is no reason a High School football coach can't have the same liberties. If you had a kid on a team, who was never allowed anything recreational other than football, you would be calling for the coach to lose his job. So, don't expect the same unethical obsession from a coach.

I AM NOT A COACH AND ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR A TEAM, WHO IS BIGGER THAN THE COACH. THAT IS WHY I GET ON HERE AND READ ABOUT FOOTBALL. I WAS JUST STATING A FACT THAT THE COACH SEEMS TO DO A BUNCH OF POSTING ON HERE. AND I NEVER SAID ANYTHING ABOUT NOT LETTING CHILDREN HAVE ANY RECREATION. AND I NEVER SAID THAT HE DOES NOT HAVE THE RIGHT TO POST, AGAIN JUST STATING A FACT. DID NOT MEAN TO RUFFLE ANY FEATHERS.

After being on the sideline during the FCHS Jamboree against siegel, the Wilson Central game and the Tullahoma game, I'm looking forward to seeing how the Rebels respond to Warren County. I know that they have gotten off to a sluggish start but I'm confident that these young men will not give up and will continue to play hard. I can see the determination in their faces.

http://jcshots.exposuremanager.com/p/08-29...sity/img_679548

KEEP PLAYING HARD GUYS... THE VICTORIES WILL COME!!!

I AM NOT A COACH AND ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR A TEAM, WHO IS BIGGER THAN THE COACH. THAT IS WHY I GET ON HERE AND READ ABOUT FOOTBALL. I WAS JUST STATING A FACT THAT THE COACH SEEMS TO DO A BUNCH OF POSTING ON HERE. AND I NEVER SAID ANYTHING ABOUT NOT LETTING CHILDREN HAVE ANY RECREATION. AND I NEVER SAID THAT HE DOES NOT HAVE THE RIGHT TO POST, AGAIN JUST STATING A FACT. DID NOT MEAN TO RUFFLE ANY FEATHERS.

It looks like you are new to our website. I have been a moderator on this site for over 8 years and I have always posted on here using my name. There are many other coaches who use this site but folks don't know who they are. I don't really care what you think but in the digital age, coaches must learn to use every medium to stay in touch with not only their players but also the fans. As for the number of hours we spend coaching and teaching... try having this schedule:

Monday-Thursday 7AM to 7 PM (Coaching/teaching)

Friday 7AM to 2AM (Saturday Morning)

Saturday Radio Show at 8:30-10 AM

Breakdown film 11AM to 1PM

Spend time with the wife watching college football for a few hours on Saturday afternoon

Put in about four hours of work Saturday night

All day Sunday from 9 AM to 6 PM coaches meetings and putting together a printed game plan for the next week.

This is what most coaches do throughout the week. Checking out ESPN or YAHOO Sports or CoachT is the only leisure time most of us have... no golf, no fishing, no long hikes on the beach during football season... just coaching!

BTW thanks for joining CoachT... maybe your should think about becoming a CoachT Plus member? The cost is cheap and you will enjoy the benefits of full membership.

and so did other teams from Franklin Co (had championship seasons from rec ball and jr high) that didn't have championship yrs at FCHS. Same thing at T-Town and Lincoln Co. It happens...for lots of reasons.

Part of the problem of the school that used to be on the Boulevard is the negative and nasty attitude of folks from over there. You are way off to think Coach gave up.

Interesting that this was your first post.

It was my first post and not quite sure what that means? I know nothing of the old school and the attitudes from there. It is just hard to sit back and watch these kids who want a win so badly and all the inconsistencies they have had to endure over the last few years. I just want the kids and coaches to be fired up and I did not see any of that Friday night except for that first quarter. I am a die hard Rebel Fan and I am there win or lose!!!