Rivalry...Gleason vs. Greenfield

volfan007

I saw the Halls v Gleason game last week.

Gleason has some great closing speeds and hits and wraps up with the very best of them.

Halls was a little bigger than Gleason.

Halls had more athletes than Gleason.

At times though it didn't matter because the Bulldogs have that "want to" attitude and some serious heart.

If my Tigers had that desire we'd be tough to beat this year, but the guys were glad to escape Tater Town with the victory nonetheless.

I'm taking Gleason in this one...38-24.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. I Thought Greenfield Got A New Principle, And A New Coach....

2. Gleason's Coach Has Had A Few Years Under His Belt, And Has His Kids believing In His Program.. More Kids Sign Up Every Year.

3. Not There Yet Means Greenfield Football program Hasn't Jelled Yet.

4. Gleason Is About One Kid maybe 2 Away From Really being Something Special. Close But no Cigar..

5. I Hate Both Teams..And Towns... I Just Like Noah Lampkins And The Old Golf Coach.. LOL

But Good Luck To Both Programs Who Seem to Improve Every Season...But Not At The pace Gleason Has..Now If Greenfield Wins I'm Sure I'll Catch Some Flack From These Statements But I Do Believe In Them...

1. I Thought Greenfield Got A New Principle, And A New Coach....

2. Gleason's Coach Has Had A Few Years Under His Belt, And Has His Kids believing In His Program.. More Kids Sign Up Every Year.

3. Not There Yet Means Greenfield Football program Hasn't Jelled Yet.

4. Gleason Is About One Kid maybe 2 Away From Really being Something Special. Close But no Cigar..

5. I Hate Both Teams..And Towns... I Just Like Noah Lampkins And The Old Golf Coach.. LOL

But Good Luck To Both Programs Who Seem to Improve Every Season...But Not At The pace Gleason Has..Now If Greenfield Wins I'm Sure I'll Catch Some Flack From These Statements But I Do Believe In Them...

Greenfield's coach is in his second year as head coach. He also has his players believing in his program. It will be a good game. Just curious, why do you hate both towns?

Butchie,

I'd like to wade in on the Coach of Greenfield, if I may. Our Coach loves the Lord. He loves his family. He loves his Church. And, he cares deeply about those boys on his team. He stepped up and helped many of them bring their grades up. He did what needed to be done to help them out. He also required off season conditioning and weightlifting, which was not done before him. And, I have seen him have tears in his eyes as he hugged the graduating seniors at end of the year sports banquets. He cares. He cares deeply about his boys on the team. And, he works harder than most Coaches to make Greenfield into a good team.

Also, Butchie, might I suggest that you do a little more research into things before you stick your foot into your mouth. I have stuck foot in the mouth a few times in my own life, and it doesnt taste good.

I'm Sure Alot Of Coaches Do The Same And As They Should. These Young Men Need Someone To Look Up To. And By Your Statements I Can See That This Is True In Greenfield. But Noah Lampkins Has Had Longer To Build His Program than your Relatively New Coach Has. Not Saying Whose Better Just Noah Has Been There Longer. And I Do Know Successful Programs Are Not Built Over Night. It Takes Time to Weed Out The Things That Were Instilled By The Previous Coach. But Good Luck To Greenfield And Gleason And To My Struggling Rebels As Well. If All Teams In Region 7 Continue To improve Is Great By Me. It Makes Us All More Competetive And Stronger. And Shoe Leather Is My favorite. I'm glad To Eat Crow On this One. Because now I'm Informed On Something You Feel I Know Nothing About.

???High school football coaches can play a role in the lives of their players that will have lasting results,??? said NFL director of football operations Gene Washington. ???A competitive spirit, good sportsmanship and character development are some of the issues confronted on a daily basis by football coaches. We are thankful for the many coaches around the country who assume such a demanding role.???

But Noah Lampkins Has Had Longer To Build His Program than your Relatively New Coach Has. Not Saying Whose Better Just Noah Has Been There Longer.

Coach Rodehaver has been at Greenfield since 2000 or 2001. He was an assistant up until last year. So Lampkins has been a head coach longer but Jason is not new to the program.

And Lee Lawrence is still coaching basketball at Gleason according to thier website

This is one of the biggest rivalries in West Tn, so it should be an exciting game but i can't see Greenfield losing this one! The have a pretty good team this year and Chase McMullen is a beast! I will take the Jackets by 14! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />