Daniel Boone at Greeneville

bucdaddio

The running backs are pretty good, but it has been the o-line that has made them look impressive in recent years. Sky Hicks looked great, then he graduated, then Cameron Jarrett looked great, then he got hurt, then graduated, then Mitch Masters looked great great, then he graduated. The only common thread has been a stout o-line. This one is good, but maybe not as good as they have been.

now that was a great stable of backs.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The running backs are pretty good, but it has been the o-line that has made them look impressive in recent years. Sky Hicks looked great, then he graduated, then Cameron Jarrett looked great, then he got hurt, then graduated, then Mitch Masters looked great great, then he graduated. The only common thread has been a stout o-line. This one is good, but maybe not as good as they have been.

Well thats good news. Hopefully our d-line will step up and atleast plug up the center. Yes, I will agree jordan did have a good game he didn't get down like he did last year and i guess i am biased to the line we had last year. They still looked shabby for a first game.

Can any Greenville fans tell me what happened with Coach Zeller? Why did he leave Greenville a couple years ago?

Mike was replaced after 3 losing seasons by Steve McCurry, from R.C. Reynolds HS in Asheville, NC....we also got a new weight room and a purty new rug. /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

Mike was replaced after 3 losing seasons by Steve McCurry, from R.C. Reynolds HS in Asheville, NC....we also got a new weight room and a purty new rug. /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

How did the players and parents like Coach Zeller? Was he well respected and did he treat the players fairly?

How did the players and parents like Coach Zeller? Was he well respected and did he treat the players fairly?

He was a very good coach and he went through some changes in christianity and other things. He was always hard nosed and when this happened he had to coach differently and the players didn't respond to it well and i think they thought he was a push-over. They didn't respect the way he coached like no cussing on the field stuff like that and that led to the losing seasons which led to him resigning.

He was a very good coach and he went through some changes in christianity and other things. He was always hard nosed and when this happened he had to coach differently and the players didn't respond to it well and i think they thought he was a push-over. They didn't respect the way he coached like no cussing on the field stuff like that and that led to the losing seasons which led to him resigning.

So in other words he became more of a disciplinarian and that led to losing seasons or he became softer and that led to losing seasons?

So in other words he became more of a disciplinarian and that led to losing seasons or he became softer and that led to losing seasons?

Does it really matter.....the common denominator in the losing seasons was him.....his tenure at Greeneville was certainly not short of talent. If something in his demeanor or technique caused him to be ineffective, then the change was necessary. Lets just leave it at that. Besides, its the Mac Daddy era in Greeneville now /hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" />

One thing that everyone forgets is that Z replaced a legend at Greeneville. Fred Sorrells and his coaching staff was a dominate force in east Tennessee for 25 years. I think that Coach Zeller did a good job coaching with what he had. When you have to dismiss you starting QB for back talking with 2 games left to go in the season (his last), thats having morals and not putting winning instead of teaching values. I hope that my son will have an opportunity to be coached under a God loving coach like Coach Sorrells or Coach Zeller.

I wish the Greene Devils good luck. They will win 28-14! Stop the outside veer!