Daniel Boone at Greeneville

bucdaddio

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

17-7 Greeneville......in what was one of the ugliest games I have ever suffered through...we're still trying to decide what was worse, Greeneville's defensive line.....Boone's clock management or the officiating....throw in some equally bad offense on both sides and well we had about 9 minutes of ok football.....I don't know if I can watch this Greeneville D against a team that can actually EXECUTE a gameplan.....pray for me /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

what was so bad about greeneville's d line this game? i admit boones offense was on the field way too long on some drives and the devils allowed some big plays at first but greenevilles d stepped up and made some big plays to give them a boost. Greeneville's offense seemed as if they struggled all night but also made some huge plays that led to a devils victory. Both sides of the ball will have to step up next week to have a chance to beat the SS next week AT SULLIVAN SOUTH.

what was so bad about greeneville's d line this game? i admit boones offense was on the field way too long on some drives and the devils allowed some big plays at first but greenevilles d stepped up and made some big plays to give them a boost. Greeneville's offense seemed as if they struggled all night but also made some huge plays that led to a devils victory. Both sides of the ball will have to step up next week to have a chance to beat the SS next week AT SULLIVAN SOUTH.

Well lets see.....NO PENETRATION. Couldn't stop the short yardage plays. every time Boone needed a yard or 2 they just lined up an ran right at 'em and usually picked up 4 or 5 .....I think they had like 3 4th down conversions in 1 drive.

Boone beat themselves in the 4th quarter with penalties and turnovers.The Quarles pick was huge. The game changer was when we lost Barner and Hall and Greenway was forced to make the big plays....Wright and Fillers made some spectacular catches and Greenway scrambled for some monster plays late in the fourth. McCurry needs to get more than 1 quarter of ball outta these boys or we are in for some really looonnnnggggg road trips.

Well lets see.....NO PENETRATION. Couldn't stop the short yardage plays. every time Boone needed a yard or 2 they just lined up an ran right at 'em and usually picked up 4 or 5 .....I think they had like 3 4th down conversions in 1 drive.

Boone beat themselves in the 4th quarter with penalties and turnovers.The Quarles pick was huge. The game changer was when we lost Barner and Hall and Greenway was forced to make the big plays....Wright and Fillers made some spectacular catches and Greenway scrambled for some monster plays late in the fourth. McCurry needs to get more than 1 quarter of ball outta these boys or we are in for some really looonnnnggggg road trips.

agreed

'bout as consistant as the 7 TO's against West...

One game at a time please. And even with 7 TO's and 2 TD called back for holds that have yet to be seen we lost by 2 TDs. Check out your stats and see who has the most yardage Mo West, Greeneville or JC. I don't kow the answer to this question but I'd bet its JC.

One game at a time please. And even with 7 TO's and 2 TD called back for holds that have yet to be seen we lost by 2 TDs. Check out your stats and see who has the most yardage Mo West, Greeneville or JC. I don't kow the answer to this question but I'd bet its JC.

we aren't talking one game at a time or most yardage dude....I believe I said consistant execution you know your best performance every game. I don't believe 7 TO's is the least bit indicative of consistancy...and I see you are whining about bad calls....at least your refs knew had to operate ther freakin' timeclock. Ours last night called like 4 or 5 official time-outs because they couldn't work the clock. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Good to see you guys got back on track with Campbell County. Hate to hear about McFall...he was on fire against us. Good luck against MoEast....remember.... consistant /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

Unfortunately refs seem to be an issue more and more. The best games to watch are the ones where you forget the refs are there.

Well the ones last might as well not have been there....they were just stupid.By the way, you were correct about JC having more total yards than Greeneville....they had 3 more.......3. Does anyone have the stats on the MoWest /JC game? I mean since you brought it up we might as well check it out. Not that it matters, the only stat that counts is the score. Good luck as you move forward in conference play. I think we're both gonna need it.

agreed

Do you think the quick kick by Boone on 3rd and long was a good decision when they were only up 7-6 in the 4th? I mean it pinned Greeneville deep but Greenway managed to dig out of the hole on a nice pass to TJ Rollins....and Boone just kinda fell apart after those 2 holding penalties. I guess it was as questionable as Greeneville not kicking the chip shot field goal on 3rd down with seconds left and taking a lead into the second half.

Ok from what i saw Boone's coach lost if for them BIG TIME going for it on 4th an one from your 40 when your winning what was he thinking????? he got greedy wouldn't ya say. Gville's D line should have put WAY more pressure on that very sluggish QB. watching Boone's qb was like watching a caveman trying to stomp ants. an he would just lob the ball in the air an hope for the WR's to get under it. Why did the ref's keep letting Boone's student section keep blowing those stupid air horn's while Greenway was in the middle of his cadence it was like that all game. An i love how after Gville got that 20yd penalty's an they were chanting "thank you Greenway, thank you Greenway" an right after that he hit one of the Filler boys for a like 30 yard gain then he hit one of them again for the TD HAHAHAHAHAHA got to love that

The main problem friday night was not the defensive line. Boone only average about 3 yards per carry. Hood their leading rusher had 53 yards in 18 carries, that basically 3 yards on the button. A lot of GHS fans panicked during 1 of Boone's drives where they went into there power set and pushed for yardage. You have to be carefull in loading up on this type of set because if you miss the tackle it can be a long TD run. Matter of fact Boone would not have average 3 but their backs were stop by shoe string tackles. Pryor to this drive Boone was probably averaging only about 2 yards per carry.

Bottom line, we gave up seven points. A cornerback got lazy, was flat in his drop zone and 77 yards later you set up a short TD run.

Where was the real problem? It was highly evident to FB people, the O line. They stood up they and had little push.

The center who is going to be a good one was uncovered against Jeff County and did a fine job snapping the Ball.

Friday night was the terror that all centers hate. A 5'10 200 lb noseman who was as fast as a back and one of the strongest men on the field.

Post Script: just recieved the JC press Box scores.

Boone 79 rushing yards in 32 rushes = 2.4 yds per rush

Boone 12/25/3 passing for 227 yds

Boone 306 total yards in 57 offensive plays = less than 5.3 yds per play

* remove a 77 yard pass on a terribl defensive effort and a 25 yd HB pass and the defense give up about 3.3 yds per play.

The center was focusing on getting his block against the nose and the snap became secondary. A veteran center will always make a good snap and then the block. (the allstater will do it at the same time)

Throw in a half back pass for 25 yards and the D did fine. I might add that when you have the full backfield like Boone had our line backers played tighter and could not scrape or read as well as well as one Backer being at the nose. It is just part of the game. Those offensive lineman will do much better this week as they are a fine group of young men of character with excellent coaching.

It is just part of the game. Those offensive lineman will do much better this week as they are a fine group of young men of character with excellent coaching.

You are right NOF I think we will continue to see this young line get better and better. Did you get to watch from the bleachers for a change?

Kevin you still in town?

Go big Green