Bearden @ Baylor, Wed Sept 3, 7pm

chasanooga

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I least I got half the score right; Baylor 3 Bearden 0

This game was totally dominated by Baylor! In a game where many (including yours truly) thought this would be a back and forth game it was decidely one way. The game was controlled by Baylor's mid fielders and the defensive back line. Caroline Scales and McKenzie Thomas did a superb job of passing ball to feet (as all the Baylor players did) and looking for opportunies to work the ball inside. At the 27 minute mark in the first half McKenzie found a loose ball in the middle of the field and proceeded to bury the ball in the back of the net. Throughout the game Baylor must have controlled the ball anywhere from 70- 80% of the time. The forwards from Bearden attempted to make some runs but Baylor's outsde backs of Tayler Shelby and Natalie Brackett did a tremendous job of denying the ball to the Beardens strikers. Even though Bearden was down just 1-0 at half there was never a real scoring threat that made it look like Bearden could swing the momentum their way. Bearden comes out at half and everyone is anticipating Coach Turner's half time adjustment where he throws in some extra forwards to try to jump start the offense. At the 38 minute mark of the 2nd half Kemesha Woodfine gets loose and she gets a clear look at the goal and then drills a ball in the back of the net. At this point everyone kinds of looks at each other and goes "whoa." A mere 5 minutes later at the 33 minute mark Kemesha takes a ball down the left side line and launches a perfect ball to Tina Groves who immediatley puts the ball in in the back of the net. Bearden tried to muster some offense but again the mid fielders and the back line of Baylor were playing ball to feet all night and limited the touches of the Bearden players. Baylor had more opportunities to score but in the end they were happy sitting on a lead and playing keep away from the Bearden team. I have seen Baylor play 3 times this year and while they played well they had not played as well as I saw them play tonight. If there was one word to describe tonight's game, it would be "dominating." If they keep this up they will be extremely tough to beat by anyone. I wish success for the girls the rest of the year (except Sept 23) and hope they win the coveted state title in November. Good luck and stay healthy.

Thank you so much for the recap and insight of this game. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I was waiting until some team finally figured out how to play Bearden and their style of play ( i.e. long volleys out of the back field and fowards running on full speed with a 1 v 1 with the keeper). Let's see if other teams on Bearden schedule uses this strategy of controlling the ball in the middle and playing to feet and probing for the a weakness in the defense. I'm a sucker for ball possession/play to feet/pass to open space/control the game/make it look easy and simple when going all out - That's my kind of soccer ( The Beautiful Game )

Some people are smarter than others and know when not to predict scores.

And then there is DonC and me, munching on some crow.

I still think you guys can take'em. /hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" />

man...i think you are trying to fire up baylor even more. they played an outstanding game one that bearden was never even in. a few other nd supporters went against baylor by picking bearden....wow were they wrong. we had better hope that this is not the baylor team we see 9-23.

I still think you guys can take'em. /hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" />

man...i think you are trying to fire up baylor even more. they played an outstanding game one that bearden was never even in. a few other nd supporters went against baylor by picking bearden....wow were they wrong. we had better hope that this is not the baylor team we see 9-23.

OK, OK....The Big Red are going to tear you guys up like they did Bearden. Steam roll you, like a penny on a train track. You have no chance.

Go Red Raiders........There feel better ND fans.

But seriously, Nice job Baylor on your win tonight.