Campbell Co. @ Jefferson Co.

Great win for JC while playing 3+ quarters short-handed.

First, I have to give major props to Darby. I was one of the guys that said, this guy wouldn't make it as a QB, this being his second year of football. Credit where credit is due. The kid played great. Actually, truth be told, he was the best QB we've had all year. I wouldn't be surprised to see a permanent change at some point, possibly moving McFall back to his true position at RB.

Second, Tolliver, simply put, was a beast last night. He must have broken somewhere around 15 tackles last night. A great show of power and vision in finding the gaps.

Lastly, defense looked better, especially up front. Would still like to see some better reads in the secondary, but that said, we looked much better as the game went on. Perhaps we just needed a few games under our belts. There were some great hits (what a great hit by Goins in the 4th) in the secondary and quite a bit better coverage reading passes (nice job on the INT's by Moore and Grindstaff) and defending receivers in the second half last night.

Great overall effort last night by all the kids who stepped up after the losses! Congrats on the win!

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess there will be a QB change for awhile considering McFall broke his leg. Darby will do an excellent job at QB and should only get better with time. Defense finally came around last night but it took longer than it should. They should be dominating from the get go. Still way to many turn overs.

Christian, Hope you get better soon. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Great win for JC while playing 3+ quarters short-handed.

First, I have to give major props to Darby. I was one of the guys that said, this guy wouldn't make it as a QB, this being his second year of football. Credit where credit is due. The kid played great. Actually, truth be told, he was the best QB we've had all year. I wouldn't be surprised to see a permanent change at some point, possibly moving McFall back to his true position at RB.

Second, Tolliver, simply put, was a beast last night. He must have broken somewhere around 15 tackles last night. A great show of power and vision in finding the gaps.

Lastly, defense looked better, especially up front. Would still like to see some better reads in the secondary, but that said, we looked much better as the game went on. Perhaps we just needed a few games under our belts. There were some great hits (what a great hit by Goins in the 4th) in the secondary and quite a bit better coverage reading passes (nice job on the INT's by Moore and Grindstaff) and defending receivers in the second half last night.

Great overall effort last night by all the kids who stepped up after the losses! Congrats on the win!

I agree Darby was very good under trying circumstances last night. Tolliver and Brooks both ran like men as well. No one has stopped our offense yet other than ourselves. Defense did make improvements but must eliminate big plays in the run game. Confused about your comments about the secondary. Do they need to make better reads or did they do a good job? What plays did they not read well? Just seems to be a contradiction. The defense as a whole did make many more big plays. No comments about the officiating? OMG!!!

Our thoughts and prayers go out to Christian and his family.

I agree Darby was very good under trying circumstances last night. Tolliver and Brooks both ran like men as well. No one has stopped our offense yet other than ourselves. Defense did make improvements but must eliminate big plays in the run game. Confused about your comments about the secondary. Do they need to make better reads or did they do a good job? What plays did they not read well? Just seems to be a contradiction. The defense as a whole did make many more big plays. No comments about the officiating? OMG!!!

We all played great last night. With the new defense it will take a while to get it all together. there are a couple of things we need to work on offense but overall we did good. im hungry now /hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" /> need food.

We still seem to struggle with dropping out of coverage on pass plays way too soon at times. I would like to see more of what we saw in the 4th quarter with players getting up and getting to the wideouts and laying hits on them as they catch the ball, not chasing them down from 10 yards away after they've caught it.

I think the problem is, the defensive front has been relying on the secondary to help stuff the middle too much and they're simply dropping out of coverage too soon at times. Could be youth, could be a lot things. Last night we seemed to make strides as the game went on though. By the 4th quarter we were laying some hits on WR's and it was nice to see. Seemed to get the rest of the defense fired up and the crowd into it every time we had a big hit.

The defensive front took care of their own business last night, filling the holes very well, which probably played a big part in the secondary being able to stay in coverage better.

One other thing, I thought we covered kicks pretty well last night. Hope they stop that short kick thing which has only led to a multitude of problems and continue to just kick it away. That kicker has a good leg and we were covering fairly well most of the night. Think they only had one really good return all night. I never did understand the short kick thing when the last staff did it, let alone now. We have the speed to cover the kicks, kick it away!

I guess their will be a QB change for awhile considering McFall broke his leg. Darby will do an excellent job at QB and should only get better with time. Defense finally came around last night but it took longer than it should. They should be dominating from the get go. Still way to many turn overs.

Christian, Hope you get better soon. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

If its a second degree sprain he will be out 4 weeks.

Could be back by the Karns or Science Hill game.

If the ankle, as I heard, or leg has a break, McFall is out for the season.

Sad situation either way for a senior.

One other thing, I thought we covered kicks pretty well last night. Hope they stop that short kick thing which has only led to a multitude of problems and continue to just kick it away. That kicker has a good leg and we were covering fairly well most of the night. Think they only had one really good return all night. I never did understand the short kick thing when the last staff did it, let alone now. We have the speed to cover the kicks, kick it away!

The only reason we did the short kick thing against M. West cause Spivey was injured so we put in our PAT dude

Can some one explain to me why we got the call we did on our fumble recovery. Especially when our player was the last one up from the pile and handed the ref the ball.

The referee saw Dustin steal it from 1 of the CC guys.

My prayers and sympathies are with Christian McFall. He is an outstanding athlete and great competitor.

I pray for a full and speedy recovery.

He had surgery Saturday morning...it is sad to say this but he is out for the rest of the season.

Mason played the second half, but did not return kicks.

So he must be just nicked up.

i saw him come in film with a brace on his leg. I ask him what's wrong and he doesnt know until he goes to the doctor i guess.

/motorbike.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":motorbike:" border="0" alt="motorbike.gif" />