Do you call this a foul or no foul? Whats your opinion?

Swildcat1967

No advantage gained, She wasn't a goal keeper . I didn't hear exactly what the Ref said when the Coach asked why he didn't call a foul. I asked the Coach when I took the photo to him, and what he told the Coach was that she was punching at the ball. I don't know all the soccer rules, but I didn't think you could do that unless you were a goalie? This was one rough soccer game, roughest I've seen!

I would love everyones opinion, especially Coaches & Refs. Not trying to get anyone in trouble, but I really thought this was a little excessive!

No advantage gained, She wasn't a goal keeper . I didn't hear exactly what the Ref said when the Coach asked why he didn't call a foul. I asked the Coach when I took the photo to him, and what he told the Coach was that she was punching at the ball. I don't know all the soccer rules, but I didn't think you could do that unless you were a goalie? This was one rough soccer game, roughest I've seen!

I would love everyones opinion, especially Coaches & Refs. Not trying to get anyone in trouble, but I really thought this was a little excessive!

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3241/282457..._c5afd689c7.jpg

Gotta call that, might even card that.....but I must admit taking a snapshot of game and trying to make a judgement about a call is tough. I also saw the bracelet on white's wrist......pet peeve.

I also forgot to mention, that if you look, it just wasn't a hand to the face, but also her elbow behind the hand hit her in the back of the head. Like I said in my previous post, not trying to get anyone in trouble, I just don't know alot about soccer, and was confused about the no call. I also have to say that seeing it in real time makes it a much more difficult call for the ref, but the explanation also confused me.

At first glance (and second, actually) it looks like a pretty obvious foul (though in the heat of the moment, might have been hard to catch (having the moment captured on film is like looking at a replay). We don't know the ref's angle, but regardless, what she is doing is not allowed.

Again, though, let me re-iterate... wasn't there, and didn't see surrounding circumstances. But from the photo, it looks fairly obvious, and as MVM said, probably cardable.

Hard to tell, but from photo I would say a foul definitly, even if it wasn't intentional. They could have both been going for the ball, b/c if you look...both of the girl's eyes are closed (Not suppose to close eyes when heading a ball, just a typical reflex/reaction). Still, hard to tell and you would have to be there to make that call...my 2 cents

Announcements