Wilson Central 2 Livingston Academy 0

Big Poppa 17

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wasn't at the game, but I can tell ya, it is extremly difficult to man-mark Kat. From what I heard about the game, she was swarmed by players...not just 1. If it were just 1 player she needed to get by, it would have been a different story.

You're right Mano, it does take a TEAM effort to win those kinds of games against better teams. Kat is very skilled and humble when she plays, so it would make for a better match if someone stepped up there game with her and helped out the team...idk, just my opinion

so it would make for a better match if someone stepped up there game with her and helped out the team...idk, just my opinion

The girls out there are trying their best. For you to call them out like that is wrong. Livingston Academy is not a private school. It is a rual county school with few soccer opprotunites for most players. I believe there are only 2 club players on their whole team and they play out of Knoxville, a 100 miles away. These girls are learning and trying their best. Kat is a great player and she has and will continue to elevate the level of play of her teammates, but they will not be as good as her. I don't think any in the state are as good as her. Please don't blame others. It was a Team lost not Kat's nor her teammates, but all of them. Keep it positive.

Tonight all of the players elevated their play. ALL of THEM!

Just my opinion

so it would make for a better match if someone stepped up there game with her and helped out the team...idk, just my opinion

The girls out there are trying their best. For you to call them out like that is wrong. Livingston Academy is not a private school. It is a rual county school with few soccer opprotunites for most players. I believe there are only 2 club players on their whole team and they play out of Knoxville, a 100 miles away. These girls are learning and trying their best. Kat is a great player and she has and will continue to elevate the level of play of her teammates, but they will not be as good as her. I don't think any in the state are as good as her. Please don't blame others. It was a Team lost not Kat's nor her teammates, but all of them. Keep it positive.

Tonight all of the players elevated their play. ALL of THEM!

Just my opinion

I know LA isn't a private school, I went to school there and played soccer there. Our team had some skilled players, but most of them had never played EVER. But they tried and were competitive and ran after every ball when they got beat...

I am not calling anyone out, I am just saying if they want to beat the better teams, they have to want to and be competitive and most of all TRY their best, even if unsuccessful. Kat is a very skilled player, but it wasn't something that happened over night. She worked very hard to get to the level she is at. And I know she wants the team to win (against good teams too). I have seen the LA girls practice a few times, and yes...there is a lot of potential for that team. But in order to tap into that potential, you gotta be willing to put in the hard work and effort....anyway, just my thoughts

Again, I was not able to go to the game, from what I was told...I heard it was going to be a tough one. If they played well as a team tonight, then good for ALL of THEM.

I wasn't at the game, but I can tell ya, it is extremly difficult to man-mark Kat. From what I heard about the game, she was swarmed by players...not just 1. If it were just 1 player she needed to get by, it would have been a different story.

You're right Mano, it does take a TEAM effort to win those kinds of games against better teams. Kat is very skilled and humble when she plays, so it would make for a better match if someone stepped up there game with her and helped out the team...idk, just my opinion

I was at the game and she was never swarmed. Rarely if ever was she even doubled teamed. The red head can play and will be playing at the next level. She is an unselfish defender although she could shine at any position. She rarely has the opportunity to score and doesn't care. Wilson County is not exactly a hot bed for Soccer and only 1 player on this team plays "club" ball. I can't say if Kat had a sinus infection or not but she is a marvelous player with tremendous skills. She easily shredded us last year scoring twice and having two assists. But to downgrade a player's effort when you weren't there is ridiculous. Brenda "the red head" is one of the most solid players you've never seen or heard of, unfortunately she lives in an area where Girls Basketball Rules and Soccer is simply a seconday sport if that. Were are trying to build a soccer program but it's going to be a long process. This is our first year to have a soccer booster club and as most of you have heard the School Board and County Commissioners are battling on whether we'll even have sports of any kind for the 08-09 year. Our girls are concerned that there season may be over just as it was beginning.

By the way we would appreciate all of your prayers for our coach "Scott Hoffman" who has been hospitalized since last Friday (the 5th) with staff infection he sustained after a Brown Recluse bite. After two surgeries he has shown very little improvement. Fortunately we have a capleable assistant although she's young and has very little coaching experience.

Go Wildcats!

By the way we would appreciate all of your prayers for our coach "Scott Hoffman" who has been hospitalized since last Friday (the 5th) with staff infection he sustained after a Brown Recluse bite. After two surgeries he has shown very little improvement. Fortunately we have a capleable assistant although she's young and has very little coaching experience.

Go Wildcats!

Did your coach play at Tusculum college as goalkeeper? Great guy. We pray that he recovers very quickly.

He was indeed a goalkeeper but I believe he played at Carson Newman. In fact we attended their Team Camp this year and for that very reason. Thanks for your prayers.

I played at Carson Newman and coached later at Tusculum. There was a goal keeper there by the name of Scott Hoffman who I know is coaching high school in TN. He was at Tusculum while I was there, and a team mate of his (Alan Vital) is now the head coach at Carson Newman, so it might be the reason you went there to camp. I am fairly sure it is him, but I could be wrong. Not trying to argue with you, just curious to see if it was my friend from Tusculum. Either way, if it is or not, he will still be in our prayers. Please keep us posted on how he is doing.

Kat Nigro is by far the most talented player in Tennessee. She was as a freshman! I have never in my life seen any girl distribute the ball like she does! She crossed a ball against us that hit her teammate and went in. The goal scorer did nothing and scored! Pretty neat. She can serve on a dime and makes great things happen all around her. Also, one thing that stands out when thinking about watching Kat play is her ability to change the ball direction with her headers. Some of the hs boys do this, but never have I seen a girl so young master this in the center of the field and usually marked. Too cool to watch. Her chips into open territory give me chills... Holy Goodness. She has everything it takes to be on the Womens National Team. We will see her play at the highest level and then the whole world will know her name! Go Kat Go!