Science Hill & Morristown West

JRTOPPERS

As a West fan I am feeling better about this game as the week progresses (and feeling much better about this year's game compared to last years). However, after speaking with some of West's players and learning of the size of the SH squad, there may be more mismatches than we can handle. I have looked at some of the information available for both teams (unfortunately no hard statistical data, but the following):

West points for 86 or 28.7/game points against 82 or 27/game opponents record 6 wins 3 losses

SH points for 47 or 23.5/game points against 49 or 24.5/game opponents record 4 wins 1 loss

This looks like a very even game. I feel (unfortunately for West) that the game will come down to special teams. If we allow points off kicks offs or punts, we will not win this game. I feel we will be able to play with SH up and down the field, but we need to make sure we are able to stop them on the special teams and get the defense on the field. In any event, I pick West for the win, but believe it will be close to the final buzzer. Go Trojans!

I agree. If West had trouble with Cherokee on special teams and continue with those problems this week, they will have trouble with the Toppers. Don't kick it to Ryan Mitchell.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

can't wait for this one. west will be out for revenge, and toppers want to win big again.

my pick

toppers 24

west 17

Dadshhs, do you have a son who will be on the field tomorrow night? I was just curious because I graduated in 08 after playing for SH since my freshman year. What is his number? I might know him.