Maryville @ Heritage

scoot91

Two different sentences there. Let me break it down for you:

1) There were numerous times when HHS ran offensive plays with only 10 players on the field. The refs never saw it though. HHS had to burn several timeouts, but there were plenty of plays were the refs and HHS coaches were clueless.

2) The play where HHS broke the huddle w/ 12 men and then called a timeout before a penalty was called or a play was run, should have been a penalty. You can't save a "breaking the huddle w/ 12 men" penalty by calling a timeout. It looked like GQ and Co. were pointing out the penalty to the stripes (during the timeout), but the officials were too stubborn to admit their mistake.

Clear as mud now, right?

I understand now. Thank you and you are correct. They did break the huddle with 12 on the play you are reffering to. As for them having 10 on the field several times just goes back to coaching and preparation. If a player gets hurt someone needs to take notice and replace that player where needed. (coaches)..... /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, Heritage has had winning teams and playoff teams. Matter of fact Three out of the four years I played at HHS we beat Maryville and Alcoa both. We also went to the playoffs those three years and did pretty well. It might not be what Maryville has done, but we have had success.

Just need it one time champ...

3 out of 4? You sure about that? HHS has only beaten Maryville 6 times in the series, and HHS has never beaten Maryville more than twice in any 4 year span.

Just need it one time champ...

3 out of 4? You sure about that? HHS has only beaten Maryville 6 times in the series, and HHS has never beaten Maryville more than twice in any 4 year span.

Sorry, my computer froze, champ.

If I can remember correctly HHS beat Maryville three years in a row in the mid 80's. I may be wrong but I don't think I am.

If I can remember correctly HHS beat Maryville three years in a row in the mid 80's. I may be wrong but I don't think I am.

You aren't remembering correctly. Unless you've resorted to counting freshman, jv or FFA contests.

I'll say it again: HHS has only beaten Maryville 6 times in the series, and HHS has never beaten Maryville more than twice in any 4 year span.

You have to be kidding, right. Do you think Maryville grads do an excellent job? Alcoa fans have a couple of refs from Maryville, that they are not to fond of. I'm not going through any details but the Alcoa fans know who I'm talking about. They do the Alcoa, Maryville game every year.

volfan5 we at Mairvul feel tha saim 'bout a cupple of Alcouh grads.....Yes we are purty happy wif our Mairvul grads....Most of tha time..... /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

You aren't remembering correctly. Unless you've resorted to counting freshman, jv or FFA contests.

I'll say it again: HHS has only beaten Maryville 6 times in the series, and HHS has never beaten Maryville more than twice in any 4 year span.

oldrebel iz rite....

'80 13-6 MHS

'81 7-6 MHS

'82 11-0 HHS

'83 45-6 MHS

'84 28-0 MHS

'85 14-6 HHS

'86 29-0 MHS

'87 3-0 HHS

'88 25-20 MHS

'89 22-10 MHS

I know for a fact Heritage beat Maryville twice in a row. In 99 they beat them and it was controversial because of a ref's personal foul call. In 2000 Heritage blew em out with a 28-0 whooping, the same year they started 0-4.

TNboy ewe iz rite.....Butt twice in a row....iz not more than twice in any 4 yeer span..... /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

oldrebel iz rite....

'80 13-6 MHS

'81 7-6 MHS

'82 11-0 HHS

'83 45-6 MHS

'84 28-0 MHS

'85 14-6 HHS

'86 29-0 MHS

'87 3-0 HHS

'88 25-20 MHS

'89 22-10 MHS

You are correct. I did my research also and I stand corrected. I thought the '86 game was won by HHS. Thank you for clearing that up for me.. /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

You are correct. I did my research also and I stand corrected. I thought the '86 game was won by HHS. Thank you for clearing that up for me.. /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

I couldn't find any records for Alcoa, but I'm betting you were wrong about your success against them too (3 of 4). I was wrong before though, once...

You have to be kidding, right. Do you think Maryville grads do an excellent job? Alcoa fans have a couple of refs from Maryville, that they are not to fond of. I'm not going through any details but the Alcoa fans know who I'm talking about. They do the Alcoa, Maryville game every year. Oh wait, one of them moved to the sec. I believe that any official should not ref a game of the high school, that they went too. I understand people missing calls, know one is perfect but don't do the games of your high school. That's where I have a problem. Quit looking at the games from your black and red glasses. Heck you have won 63 straight games. /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

I think you are jumping on something that is not there... I never said the "Maryville Grads " were any better. I simply made and observation based on personal exp. Really I ahve been shocked in years gone by , by some of the blindness and out and out bias on the field by "officials". Some of these guys are out there for their $50 and they really don not care about anything but "game mgmt". ITS 64 STRAIGHT!