West @ Sevier County

knoxrebel

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

SC has a defense that can be strong at times, but they can also give up alot of yards and points fast. Key players include DB#1 feezel, DL#63 sutton, S#21 spangler, & DB#11 miller. Their offense is fairly inexperienced but they have some great talents. Key on O is QB #3 flynn, HB #30 Thomas if he plays (shoulder injury), WR #22 Pippin, & WR#11 Miller.

West looked better against South Doyle....But i'm still not sure what they're capible of yet. Sevier County Has looked this year beating William Blount, Halls, and Karns. This will be a true test for the Rebels.

West 24 Sevier County 10

Go West Rebels

First I'll beat on the Bears, they beat a very down W-B and lets face it, Karns is no test. Halls on the other hand got beat by 4 but they haven't really lived up to their hype either. All that said I'm not sure how good the Bears really are.

I do know the rebs have gotten better each week and it must continue if they have a shot this Friday. I would also like to know what Sevier County is bringing to the party. Don't really know any details on them. Speed? Size? Players to watch? Anybody got input?

Remembering last year.. Sevier County was beat down by West.. Personally I think Sevier County has a chip onthere shoulder and a bitter taste towards West.. West had a good team last year that is for sure.. Smoky Bears will be up for this game by far. The Rebels will have a long ride home from the BEARS DEN..

Sevier County 42

West 14

Thought I would reverse the score from last year.. Lets hope all the players stay healthy and play well Friday Night..

Good Luck to them all.

Apparently Sevier County is up this year. What do they bring to the table?

SC brings it all to the table but somewhere each game they havent clicked everywhere..... The DB's had a bad game gainst karn.... no run game against halls... and pass game a lil shaky against wb..... They have a big strong run stopping D-L..... Johnny sasscer is 340 6'4 and ross paul heatherly is 6'2 285 and can stop the middle... Patrick sutton is a good pass rusher 2..... LB's r a lil small but make up wit speed... The db r hard hitting and fast led by patrick miller CB and Matt Spangler SS........ THey have an average OL and 2 good RB's in tyler thomas(the faster more experienced but hurt shoulder) and Dakota Cogdill( strong big but a lil young).... Zac flynn is a good QB and its surprising.... the wr's r stacked.... patrick miller is a great route runner and fast, aaron pippen runs a 4.3 40, gilson is big and physical and is consistent, bryce whaley gives a good breather to them..... overall well balanced, they'll win if they keep there head in it and win the turnovers by 2

SC 24

West 16

SC brings it all to the table but somewhere each game they havent clicked everywhere..... The DB's had a bad game gainst karn.... no run game against halls... and pass game a lil shaky against wb..... They have a big strong run stopping D-L..... Johnny sasscer is 340 6'4 and ross paul heatherly is 6'2 285 and can stop the middle... Patrick sutton is a good pass rusher 2..... LB's r a lil small but make up wit speed... The db r hard hitting and fast led by patrick miller CB and Matt Spangler SS........ THey have an average OL and 2 good RB's in tyler thomas(the faster more experienced but hurt shoulder) and Dakota Cogdill( strong big but a lil young).... Zac flynn is a good QB and its surprising.... the wr's r stacked.... patrick miller is a great route runner and fast, aaron pippen runs a 4.3 40, gilson is big and physical and is consistent, bryce whaley gives a good breather to them..... overall well balanced, they'll win if they keep there head in it and win the turnovers by 2

SC 24

West 16

Pretty good assessment. The Bears have yet to play a complete game on either side of the ball but they have been very resilient in finding different ways to win. The biggest thing they need to work on is consistency. Each game they have had opportunities to put the other team away and win comfortably going away only to go into a lull (defense and offense) where they fail to execute basic plays (fumbled snap, key penalty, defensive breakdown, turnover, etc.) thus giving the other team mometum and letting them back in the game. Maybe this is the week where they put it all together.

It was good to see the emergence of Dakota Cogdill last week as he adds a toughness to the running game that we will need. By the way, does anyone know the status of Tyler Thomas?

After the way West embarrassed them last year the Bears shouldn't have any trouble getting up for this one so motivation shouldn't be a factor.