South Pittsburg Pirates at Lookout Valley YellowJackets

RiverCityRage

This game will be another blowout by as many as the Pirates want. On Jones hopefully he will get a few more carries he plays on defense for more of the game so why not offense, I don't recall the back last year coming out so soon, and this guy is trying to go somewhere and coaches do look at numbers as well as how they play. "Yards"

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This game will be another blowout by as many as the Pirates want. On Jones hopefully he will get a few more carries he plays on defense for more of the game so why not offense, I don't recall the back last year coming out so soon, and this guy is trying to go somewhere and coaches do look at numbers as well as how they play.

...they know he's good...didn't he score 3 TD's in the 1st quarter???

This game will be another blowout by as many as the Pirates want. On Jones hopefully he will get a few more carries he plays on defense for more of the game so why not offense, I don't recall the back last year coming out so soon, and this guy is trying to go somewhere and coaches do look at numbers as well as how they play.

He will probably be a defensive player if he goes to a big time SEC school anyways. Quit your complaining chosen one. Why risk getting him hurt when you are blowing a team out? It is a team sport anyways, not trying to pad someone stats.

I might be betting on a safety and only 2 missed PAT's. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

You might want to check your math... /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

South Pittsburg huge! If we can score 26 on em in one quarter, i don't even want to think of how this one will end up...

He will probably be a defensive player if he goes to a big time SEC school anyways. Quit your complaining chosen one. Why risk getting him hurt when you are blowing a team out? It is a team sport anyways, not trying to pad someone stats.

Perhaps Auburn,Bama North Carolina and Vandy all disagree.All are recruiting him as a RB.Tenn. is mostly on defense.It's popular around SP to think he's better on defense since that's the way he's been played mostly at SP. UT fans abound.I don't think he cares which side of the ball he plays on.But if you have ever seen him play you know he plays both sides equally well.But most of the major schools see him as a RB first.Vision is a gift.Blocking,receiving,cutting ability.Completeness is what a big-time back is judged on.It's a long season.Things will workout for the good of the team as far as carry wise goes.

Perhaps Auburn,Bama North Carolina and Vandy all disagree.All are recruiting him as a RB.Tenn. is mostly on defense.It's popular around SP to think he's better on defense since that's the way he's been played mostly at SP. UT fans abound.I don't think he cares which side of the ball he plays on.But if you have ever seen him play you know he plays both sides equally well.But most of the major schools see him as a RB first.Vision is a gift.Blocking,receiving,cutting ability.Completeness is what a big-time back is judged on.It's a long season.Things will workout for the good of the team as far as carry wise goes.

Old Pirate says all should just be glad David will get a free education. All of this debating means nothing except a chance for us arm chair QBs to express opinions. OP looks at past valley running backs that were dominate when the valley was tough. The 4 big time college bound were Eddie Brown, Bo Haden, Eric Westmoreland and Eddie Moore. OP says all were big, fast and had great cutting ability and vision. That said only 1 (Bo Haden) made it as a RB in college and he went to Louisville ,who was not a major at the time.

OP says the youngons better strap it up this week. They should have an opportunity to have a lot of playing time.

Old Pirate says all should just be glad David will get a free education. All of this debating means nothing except a chance for us arm chair QBs to express opinions. OP looks at past valley running backs that were dominate when the valley was tough. The 3 big time college bound were Eddie Brown, Bo Haden, Eric Westmoreland and Eddie Moore. OP says all 3 were big, fast and had great cutting ability and vision. That said only 1 (Bo Haden) made it as a RB in college and he went to Louisville ,who was not a major at the time.

OP says the youngons better strap it up this week. They should have an opportunity to have a lot of playing time.

No debate here.Just stating facts.Not posting opinion here.Just a clear view of what the schools are recruiting David as.Not what he's pigeon-holed as.And as far as those ghosts of the past it's just that. The game is not quite the same as it was 40 or 30 years ago.The athletes compete on such a different level.Academically as well.David has gotten some very sound advice from Eddie Moore concerning where and what people say about the position and school he should play.His advice might shock you.The main goal has never changed ,team first,stats last.Now for my opinion .I don't care where he goes,or what he plays.As long he is happy and getting his sheep-skin.

We all know David is a great player on both sides of the ball. We also know that it doesn't matter what a college tells a kid they are recruiting him as, because they will put him where they see fit once they get him on campus. Ali Sharaef was great at North Jackson and he too was told he would play running back, but he is in the secondary now. I wish David the best and hope he picks the school that is best for him. And not just for football, but academically as well. He has the potential to be a special player...

Lookout Valley wins in Baseball but cant win in Football. Lookout Valley after losing some talented Seniors are re-building this year. On the other hand South Pittsburg is looking for another State Title. I hope everyone in the Region and the Valley gets behind you. GO PIRATES & GO JACKETS!!!!!!!! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

brotherlove says......... SP by a bunch 62-0....SP is the real deal folks......