MBA vs Hillsboro

whoisjeff

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

whats the word

It is always hard to beat them because they are an all-boys school, But If anybody can do it hillsboro can. their def really improved it will be a good matchup and corey may play in that game or the maplewood's game /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I don't believe HHS will be intimidated by MBA by any means and this game will also be at John Koen stadium. Therefore, I figure it will be a good game again this year. If Corey Jordan and/or Alex Crutcher are healthy enough to play in this game, it will certainly help HHS's chances all that much more.

MBA on paper is definitely a better overall team and their defense will prove to be better than HHS's I think. Granted, this is not your typical dominant HHS defense that just hammers people. I know HHS CAN win this game, but as to whether they WILL..... I am just going to find out next friday night.

I don't believe HHS will be intimidated by MBA by any means and this game will also be at John Koen stadium. Therefore, I figure it will be a good game again this year. If Corey Jordan and/or Alex Crutcher are healthy enough to play in this game, it will certainly help HHS's chances all that much more.

MBA on paper is definitely a better overall team and their defense will prove to be better than HHS's I think. Granted, this is not your typical dominant HHS defense that just hammers people. I know HHS CAN win this game, but as to whether they WILL..... I am just going to find out next friday night.

Time to wish Greg luck again on Monday XD like i do every game /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

It's still early in the season, and it's hard to assess what MBA has done so far. Moeller has a good program, but it will be interesting to see what they do tonight. If they lose, you have to wonder if the team this year has anything. Likwise, MBA won at Baylor in a game where they were a bit out of synch. Again, I don't know a lot about Baylor, so it may be that MBA was out of synch because Baylor pushed them out of synch.

It should be an interesting game.

It's still early in the season, and it's hard to assess what MBA has done so far. Moeller has a good program, but it will be interesting to see what they do tonight. If they lose, you have to wonder if the team this year has anything.

Moeller won tonight 34-30 - against a team that beat Moeller's first opponent (Princeton) worse than Moeller did.

Isn't there a saying sbout what playing good competition does for a team?

Anyway, looking forward to MBA-Hillsboro. Great rivalry that needs to occur year after year.

I agree and hopefully it will continue to be an annual game even after the realignment next year.

Asking this as a legitimate question, not as a shot at anybody....how much of a rivlary is this game at this point? The schools had a great game last year, but hadn't played for a few years prior to that. Back in my day (mid to late '70's), it was a district game, and historically, many of MBA's players had come from the Hillsoboro zone. We knew each other, and played Jr. High football against one another in the days that John Trotwood Moore had grades 7-9.

I write from the dinosaur's perspective, as i hated both the provate/public split, and the consolidation that changed the school boundaries so radically, and closed a number of very good schools.

At any rate, I hope you enjoy the game, but not the final score.

Asking this as a legitimate question, not as a shot at anybody....how much of a rivlary is this game at this point? The schools had a great game last year, but hadn't played for a few years prior to that. Back in my day (mid to late '70's), it was a district game, and historically, many of MBA's players had come from the Hillsboro zone. We knew each other, and played Jr. High football against one another in the days that John Trotwood Moore had grades 7-9.

I write from the dinosaur's perspective, as i hated both the private/public split, and the consolidation that changed the school boundaries so radically, and closed a number of very good schools.

At any rate, I hope you enjoy the game, but not the final score.

I think it is a fair question in that regard, but I would say you could still consider it a rivalry (at least moreso if they continue to play regularly). They are still neighborhood schools, not unlike Hillwood and Hillsboro or Hillsboro and Overton. Granted, I think you are largely right that MBA gets boys from everywhere across the midstate. Therefore, the two teams' players probably don't know each other in the same regard.