Tell me people Central or Sequoyah

sportsman88

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't know what coach D's thinking but I hope all you Sequoya fans remember the last time we came to yalls place we were down by 4 scores and yall kicked and own side kick these juniors and seniors sure do

Why on- side kick? Let Jamen put another one into the end zone and let the Chiefs start from the 20 YL. Meigs never had any field position. Jamen gives the defense an advantage that is huge. Most teams we play are ball control and play action type teams. It is hard to run your total offensive package when you never have any field position. Meigs offense was stressed all night long.

I would think the Chiefs might return to the double-wing package this week. Central's defense has not seen an option team this year. Meigs tried the power game with no success. Sequoyah might try to balance the Chargers up and keep them honest with the double-wing.

Plus Coach Satterfield was not part of that call two years ago. Both teams will play hard and that's what fans pay to see.

Why on- side kick? Let Jamen put another one into the end zone and let the Chiefs start from the 20 YL. Meigs never had any field position. Jamen gives the defense an advantage that is huge. Most teams we play are ball control and play action type teams. It is hard to run your total offensive package when you never have any field position. Meigs offense was stressed all night long.

I would think the Chiefs might return to the double-wing package this week. Central's defense has not seen an option team this year. Meigs tried the power game with no success. Sequoyah might try to balance the Chargers up and keep them honest with the double-wing.

Plus Coach Satterfield was not part of that call two years ago. Both teams will play hard and that's what fans pay to see.

I didn't make myself clear we should never kick on-side I just ment remember whats happend in the past cause we do. People just need to understand that just because Central continues to score in a game as long as coach D is spreading the Ball around everybody especialy senior starters deserve the chance to shine when u only run 28-35 O-plays a game it's hard to get them all a chance by half time I know that in the past not giving players the chance has hurt thier numbers and kept them from making the first teams in the all region and all state selections. Coach D never " untill last week" been accused of running it up.

Oh what a game. Big Blue vs Big Red. Who will win? That is a big question. Of course with Central's last week blowout against the Tigers. Central is the HUGE favorite in this matchup. However, I look at Sequoyah's team the have some talent & ALOT of heart, but they still have not found the thing that need to get together. Of course with two weeks to prepare that could be a major factor for the Chiefs. I've been to some practices last week and they seemed focus. It all depends if Sequoyah is on the same page. If they come out with the mind set of Sweetwater game you are liable to see a blowout;however, if all these boys come out confident and all on the same page this game could end up being a very good exibition. Definatly a game worth seeing. GO CHIEFS!

Don't know what coach D's thinking but I hope all you Sequoya fans remember the last time we came to yalls place we were down by 4 scores and yall kicked and own side kick these juniors and seniors sure do

Ok this story gets brought up every year since it happen, my son who was a sophmore (I think) at the time was doing the kicking, he was so nervous doing kickoffs, he just missed the ball, and the reaction to the kick was normal as if he did try a on-side, he did the same thing at Tellico. As far as I know the coach wants him to try to put it in the endzone, hopefully for no chance of a return (to much speed).

Oh what a game. Big Blue vs Big Red. Who will win? That is a big question. Of course with Central's last week blowout against the Tigers. Central is the HUGE favorite in this matchup. However, I look at Sequoyah's team the have some talent & ALOT of heart, but they still have not found the thing that need to get together. Of course with two weeks to prepare that could be a major factor for the Chiefs. I've been to some practices last week and they seemed focus. It all depends if Sequoyah is on the same page. If they come out with the mind set of Sweetwater game you are liable to see a blowout;however, if all these boys come out confident and all on the same page this game could end up being a very good exibition. Definatly a game worth seeing. GO CHIEFS!

the big blue will win with no problem at all...central is to big and fast..central wins by atleast 35

I'M sorry dumdum, but the spread is probably around 29 or 30!

you are right it wasn't too long ago central was in the same situation seq is in right now...but it wasn't fixed overnight and it won't be fixed for seq on friday night. too much everything on the chargers sideline for the chiefs to handle. best of luck the rest of the season, though....hope ya'll can beat out ER of ND for the third or fourth spot!

CHARGERS 49

CHIEFS 7

I didn't make myself clear we should never kick on-side I just ment remember whats happend in the past cause we do. People just need to understand that just because Central continues to score in a game as long as coach D is spreading the Ball around everybody especialy senior starters deserve the chance to shine when u only run 28-35 O-plays a game it's hard to get them all a chance by half time I know that in the past not giving players the chance has hurt thier numbers and kept them from making the first teams in the all region and all state selections. Coach D never " untill last week" been accused of running it up.

I do believe that this topic is on another thread so lets not get into the accusations of running the score up. If you have an axe to grind thats fine, the coaching staff at the time was told that some day that would come back to bite us. We are prepared for it, but at the same time, we have the confidence that our defense won't let it get that out of hand. I don't know why you have to post a defensive post with an attitude on here. Everyone elses post have been good communication between two schools with a hint of respect for the two programs. What happens, happens, and it will be between the athletes and coaches. I hope you paid attention to dumdum's post. A lot of people assume things happen without knowing what really happened. His explanation of the "onside" kick should have cleared that up. His son is a good person and a good kicker. Sometimes mistakes happen, especially when it is younger guys. He tries hard on every play and feels like he has let his team down when he doesn't make something happen on every play. Nerves can effect everyone. But like I said, if you still feel like you have a payback to give because of your grudge, go talk to your coach and put in your request. It won't be the first time that its happened (giving a payback), and won't be the last.