Page @ CAK

FootballDad

I've been reading a bit on the Page vs Lipscomb thread. Sounds like Page has a solid team. Just to end any debate at the beginning with all Patriot fans, CAK does not recruit. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> The Warriors are struggling just a bit right now, so this game with Page is important to get things headed back in the right direction for CAK. Which CAK team will show up? This should be a very interesting and entertaining game. Sounds like both teams air it out, can score alot of points, and are somewhat suseptible on defense. What are your thoughts?

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think you start off a thread in defense of something like recruiting unless you feel a need to defend how your players simply "arrive" at your school. Out of respect to others, I have refrained this year from that issue. I am for complete separation of private and public schools. Telling me something like that is insulting.

DL is the not only the king in region 5 but Class 3a until somebody knocks them off. They are a well-oiled team and has my respect. I simply do not agree with how private schools are placed in public region. Guys just go play each other. Don't waste your breath telling me how your team is different. On to the game.

On the other hand. CAK will get to see the SAME Page team as last year......how is that possible??? All of the Seniors were suspended during that game for lack of effort in practice. So basically, you get the same players again...only much more seasoned and confident. Although CAK is bound to be a good team they are not a 5a school or the defending 3a champs.

I would be highly surprised to see the same score....a lot of people think this game is at CAK

I don't think you start off a thread in defense of something like recruiting unless you feel a need to defend how your players simply "arrive" at your school. Out of respect to others, I have refrained this year from that issue. I am for complete separation of private and public schools. Telling me something like that is insulting.

DL is the not only the king in region 5 but Class 3a until somebody knocks them off. They are a well-oiled team and has my respect. I simply do not agree with how private schools are placed in public region. Guys just go play each other. Don't waste your breath telling me how your team is different. On to the game.

On the other hand. CAK will get to see the SAME Page team as last year......how is that possible??? All of the Seniors were suspended during that game for lack of effort in practice. So basically, you get the same players again...only much more seasoned and confident. Although CAK is bound to be a good team they are not a 5a school or the defending 3a champs.

I would be highly surprised to see the same score....a lot of people think this game is at CAK

Bulldog69:

Obviously I hit a sensitive subject with you if you could be insulted right off the bat by my light hearted comment ,with little smiley face and all, regarding the private vs public comments on the DL thread. Certainly no insult intended at all, although I'm sure you and I would disagree on that subject . Interesting to hear about last years situation with the suspensions, after many years of coaching myself (FYI: public school) I certainly respect any coach who has that kind of discipline. CAK has shown to be an unpredictable team in 08, which drives coaches and fans alike crazy. I'm not sure if they have any quick fix answers or if this is just one of those seasons that will remain a work in progress. By the way, I'm one of those people who think the game is at CAK. My understanding is that for whatever reason Page opted to have both games of the 2 game contract played in Knoxville. Somebody is going to be sitting in an empty stadium wondering where all the people and teams are. Maybe that person can debate themselves on public vs private and only waste their own breath. Ha! Now you know that is funny.

What do you mean by "...a lot people think this game is at CAK"? It WILL be played in Knoxville. How long of a bus ride will that be??

I've been reading a bit on the Page vs Lipscomb thread. Sounds like Page has a solid team. Just to end any debate at the beginning with all Patriot fans, CAK does not recruit. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> The Warriors are struggling just a bit right now, so this game with Page is important to get things headed back in the right direction for CAK. Which CAK team will show up? This should be a very interesting and entertaining game. Sounds like both teams air it out, can score alot of points, and are somewhat suseptible on defense. What are your thoughts?

the defense for Page is improving everday, much different from last year. they are hitting hard with many players getting to the ball. I anxious to see how Kolinski does aginst this years defense. I hope both teams come out of this game injury free GO PAGE!!!

What do you mean by "...a lot people think this game is at CAK"? It WILL be played in Knoxville. How long of a bus ride will that be??

On the TSSAA website....it says CAK at Page. AND a lot of Page people think that it at home

If Page scheduled this game away TWICE....there must be somebody with a screw loose. Was CAK not willing to do a home and home??

Come on down to Rudderville and get some of that gold fashioned Middle TN cooking!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

I know people talk about Kolinsky.....but CAK had better have some defensive answers to the Page offense.

On the TSSAA website....it says CAK at Page. AND a lot of Page people think that it at home

If Page scheduled this game away TWICE....there must be somebody with a screw loose. Was CAK not willing to do a home and home??

Come on down to Rudderville and get some of that gold fashioned Middle TN cooking!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

I know people talk about Kolinsky.....but CAK had better have some defensive answers to the Page offense.

My source says Page wanted to come to Knoxville back to back. Who knows if that is accurate or not, but I don't think CAK would expect someone to travel that far twice. We do home and home with everyone else. I for one was a bit disappointed that the game wasn't at Page. I'm a Middle TN boy and was looking forward to some of momma's cooking, not neccessarily Rudderville rubbage! ha

As far as defensive answers......uh, we may not have any. The defense is young and has some good players, but they are still trying to develop into a cohesive unit. Tackling doesn't seem to be our strong point at this time. The defense does rise up occassionally but not consistantly. This game may end up looking like arena football with big numbers on each side.

My source says Page wanted to come to Knoxville back to back. Who knows if that is accurate or not, but I don't think CAK would expect someone to travel that far twice. We do home and home with everyone else. I for one was a bit disappointed that the game wasn't at Page. I'm a Middle TN boy and was looking forward to some of momma's cooking, not neccessarily Rudderville rubbage! ha

As far as defensive answers......uh, we may not have any. The defense is young and has some good players, but they are still trying to develop into a cohesive unit. Tackling doesn't seem to be our strong point at this time. The defense does rise up occassionally but not consistantly. This game may end up looking like arena football with big numbers on each side.

Maybe Page will stay in East-TN and see whether or not "Rocky Flop" can pull out a victory on Saturday against UAB /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

I heard the Blazers are down to their 8th string QB /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />