Page @ CAK

FootballDad

Bulldog69: My final thoughts on this game:

I was at the UT game, in Club Level, enjoying the food, game, and companionship. I couldn't afford it myself but luckily I know someone who can, and did, but rarely comes to the games, has pity on me and gives me the tickets. Sorry you couldn't be there. But I quess I should have responded to your 2 year contract offer by blackberry during halftime, but they just kept rolling out the food and I got distracted. /hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" />

It really is humurous how you keep beating that 2 year contract drum. 2A-3A TN high school football home field advantage is minimal at best, if you coached like you said you did then you would know that to be the truth. Page offered 2 years in Knoxville, CAK accepted, end of story. Ask your reliable staff sources at Page, they will confirm. I informed our AD that the official representative for Page athletics was named bulldog69 and that he would be calling to make an official contract offer. Just call the number on the last contract you signed.

Page is fortunate to have a dedicated, long time supporter like yourself. I appreciate passion and team spirit. Your banter flavors things up on CoachT. However; we certainly don't see things the same and I doubt we could ever share common views. Your accusations regarding CAK recruiting is misdirected and uninformed, but we don't need to go down the "wasted breath" path any longer.

Good luck to the Patriots the rest of the season. Hope all fans had a safe trip back home and enjoyed their trip over to UT.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not ONE time have I mentioned the word "recruit" on here until this post just now.

I find it quite humerous that if you didn't do those "things" then why would you feel it necessary to defend yourselves by listing all the players and their history....who really cares. You have open zones there and only some "mental midgets" can try to defend the set up.

My stand HAS ALWAYS been separate the publics from the privates. Case closed!

By the way, it was good to hear that some of you enjoyed your sky boxes and fancy food, etc. I have to laugh at that one. Of course with all those All Americans you have playing, you all should have full access to UT field anytime.....remember......... "Boosters" pay the way!!

Contract anyone...I don't think so.....I saw Alcoa vs White House on film....somebody better have mercy on you all....unless of course you are playing in the friendly confines of CAK stadium then you won't need it Alcoa's 40 point advantage will drop to 10 in a hurry.

Guys...it's been real...it's been fun... but it ain't always been real fun. Heck...you guys raised the price on gas over to over $5 a gallon.....I guess we need to blame that on you as well

I hope your team stays healthy as does ours.

Two years??? Call us.....

You know, I really didn't intend to bother to respond to this, but here I go.

Regarding comments from Timeflies and Tnvols4eva: First, let me state the obvious. No one at CAK, fans, parents, or coaches would tolerate someone deliberately trying to injure another player. It goes against everything that CAK stands for. IF, and I do mean IF what you allege took place, it would be reprehensible and that player should be disciplined. Let's not forget that sometimes a young man playing ball may say or do something that his parents, school, and coaches cringe over. I have seen kids lose their composure and hit another player or say something to another player, sometimes even kids that you would not normally expect to lose their composure. It can happen at a private Christian school and it can happen at a public school. Your coaching staff has contact information for CAK's coaching staff if what you say is true, and that would be an appropriate venue to deal with the issue, where the player can be identified and appropriate action taken. To indicate that somehow CAK's coaches and fans would support deliberate action like you described is intentionally inflammatory and ridiculous. I don't know what happened in the bottom of the pile, but I do know I saw some extra curricular activity / personal fouls from some Page player(s) too. But apparently that was somehow almost justifiable.

Now I want to put in my 2 cents on something else. First, let me state I have no affiliation with the team and no kid playing. I'm strictly a fan. I am speaking for myself and no one else. I enjoy these message boards and participate not only in CAK threads but also threads for other schools. Generally, while the fans are competitive and want their team to win, there is a reasonable level of civility. When you have a poster that is inflammatory, you know that it is just one poster and that it does not represent the school or the fans at large. This was my take on one particular poster from Page. Most posters state their opinions and make their points, but it is done in fun. Not the case IMO with this poster. Repeated complaining about the referee's unfair and biased calls not just this year when the game was close but last year when there was a 25-point difference. On one hand, stating that publics and private should be separate, and after this last Friday, "always" against publics vs. privates. Then right on the heals of that, demanding that CAK come to Page for 2 years. Would you make up your mind? Over and over and over asking posters on Coach T to schedule CAK to come to Page for the next 2 years, implying if we don't we must be scared. Like Coach T posters schedule the games! By the way, there may be some privates that Page has to play because they are in the same region, but not CAK. Your school CHOSE to play CAK. If there is a problem with scheduling CAK take it up with your AD. If there is a problem playing both years on the road, take it up with your AD. If you want to schedule CAK for 2 years at Page, take it up with your AD, at least so he can talk to CAK's AD. Now there are other poster(s) who have concluded that CAK supports it's players trying to injure other players. Not one player who needs to be disciplined, but the whole organization is classless and supports playing dirty. Every poster is entitled to their opinion. That is what Coach T is for, to state opinions. My opinion is that unlike any other team we have played in the last several years that I've followed the program, I hope we don't play Page again. I will look forward to other teams, like Alcoa, Webb, Loudon, etc. Those teams are tough, and we may lose the game, but there is mutual civility and respect between the programs. There is also mutual respect and civility between the posters on Coach T. I personally have zero interest in having any future competition with this team and it's delightful spokespeople. I am confident that regardless of the outcome of a future game, the opinions would not change. If CAK won, it would be dirty play, or bad calls, or because we're a private school, or maybe something new and creative, which is more or less what I predicted would happen if CAK happened to win this game.

You know, I really didn't intend to bother to respond to this, but here I go.

Regarding comments from Timeflies and Tnvols4eva: First, let me state the obvious. No one at CAK, fans, parents, or coaches would tolerate someone deliberately trying to injure another player. It goes against everything that CAK stands for. IF, and I do mean IF what you allege took place, it would be reprehensible and that player should be disciplined. Let's not forget that sometimes a young man playing ball may say or do something that his parents, school, and coaches cringe over. I have seen kids lose their composure and hit another player or say something to another player, sometimes even kids that you would not normally expect to lose their composure. It can happen at a private Christian school and it can happen at a public school. Your coaching staff has contact information for CAK's coaching staff if what you say is true, and that would be an appropriate venue to deal with the issue, where the player can be identified and appropriate action taken. To indicate that somehow CAK's coaches and fans would support deliberate action like you described is intentionally inflammatory and ridiculous. I don??™t know what happened in the bottom of the pile, but I do know I saw some extra curricular activity / personal fouls from some Page player(s) too. But apparently that was somehow almost justifiable.

Now that I've given my thoughts on that matter, I want to put in my 2 cents on something else. First, let me state I have no affiliation with the team and no kid playing. I'm strictly a fan. I am speaking for myself and no one else. I enjoy these message boards and participate not only in CAK threads but also threads for other schools. Generally, while the fans are competitive and want their team to win, there is a reasonable level of civility. When you have a poster that is inflammatory, you know that it is just one poster and that it does not represent the school or the fans at large. This was my take on one particular poster from Page. Most posters state their opinions and make their points, but it is done in fun. Not the case IMO with this poster. Repeated complaining about the referee's unfair and biased calls not just this year when the game was close but last year when there was a 25-point difference. On one hand, stating that publics and private should be separate, and after this last Friday, ???always??? against publics vs. privates. Then right on the heals of that, demanding that CAK come to Page for 2 years. Would you make up your mind? Over and over and over asking posters on Coach T to schedule CAK to come to Page for the next 2 years, implying if we don't we must be scared. Like Coach T posters schedule the games! By the way, there may be some privates that Page has to play because they are in the same region, but not CAK. Your school CHOSE to play CAK. If there is a problem with scheduling CAK take it up with your AD. If there is a problem playing both years on the road, take it up with your AD. If you want to schedule CAK for 2 years at Page, take it up with your AD, at least so he can talk to CAK's AD. Now there are other posters who have concluded that CAK supports it's players trying to injure other players. Not one player who needs to be disciplined, but the whole organization is classless and supports playing dirty. Every poster is entitled to their opinion. That is what Coach T is for, to state opinions. My opinion is that unlike any other team we have played in the last several years that I??™ve followed the program, I hope we don??™t play Page again. I will look forward to other teams, like Alcoa, Webb, Loudon, etc. Those teams are tough, and we may lose the game, but there is mutual civility and respect between the programs. There is also mutual respect and civility between the posters on Coach T. I personally have zero interest in having any future competition with this team and it??™s delightful spokespeople. I am confident that regardless of the outcome of a future game, the opinions would not change. If CAK won, it would be dirty play, or bad calls, or because we??™re a private school, or maybe something new and creative, which is more or less what I predicted would happen if CAK happened to win this game.

NOOO!!!!!....not today....you just can't take a cheap shot and walk away. You are right about CoachT being open to opinions and I feel that my opinion is as important as yours whether you have an inflated opinion of yourself or not. I have seen many Page opponents and we have strong rivalries with some teams. BUB...my feeling is the same....we don't need to hear from you or your type anymore. Why didn't you just leave me alone and out of it???

You know...I was counting on my last post as being done and moving on. Instead you come on here and cheap shot me and didn't mention my name.....you are just plain two-faced.....you have more post on this thread than anyone...... I don't have anyone directly connected to the program anymore. I can tell one thing....a lot of what you all portray of your team ...you can't take ctriticism. I saw one of our coaches at church...yess Bulldog goes and needs to go to church. I asked his take on the game....keep in mind he is a deacon....I asked him how we played. he said we played well on defense. Too many mistakes on offense. I asked him point blank about the fairness of the officiating. He just looked down and shook his head back and forth. I asked him about the flags behind the plays....he just said nothing could be done and it was time to move on. This man never says a bad thing about anybody. For him to even lower his head tells me it was pretty bad and I wsn't even there.

Page has a video viewer that blows up the images like 50 times. If you take a look at that, you would see your boys were not innocent and neither was ours. At least I have the courage to speak out and not blindly support my players. I know we cannot win unless we are more disciplined.

As far as civility and respect between schools....you all rubbed last year's score in our face. What's the matter, you guys have a hard time when somebody disagrees with you and you start putting a spin on things. I don't care what you think. All you got this week was mostly things dished back to that you gave out. I tried obvious sarcasm but they don't interpret that very well at CAK

My bottom line on CAK and the 2 yr contract is this....you won't come here...you have no intentions of coming here.....you won't even consider coming here(too much confusion on the new classification).....and further more you don't have the guts to come here......now all your observations would be considered a smokescreen....what happened??? Are you going to let poor lil' ol Bulldog run you off???

We do agree on one thing.....we sure don't need to play you guys.

If you checked my history..you could verify my feelings about private schools playing publics...it did not start with you guys.

You may not have seen any cheap shots on the field....BUT coming on here and calling me out was A CHEAP SHOT!!!

NOW leave me alone!!

Has blake neel thrown a td yet this year?

The Tennessean reports that he has not.

http://www.tennessean.com/apps/pbcs.dll/se...&le_id=-999

I don't think he has throw a td pass this year but he sure has scored plenty of them! Who cares what the Tennessean says anyway, he has major colleges looking at him from what I hear.

Bulldog, have to agree on the public vs private thing. I've never liked it either. Anyone that says private schools don't recruit is so wronggggggg! I can name at least 4 private schools in the Nashville area that "contacted" us about my son when he was in 7th and 8th Grade. I will not name them here but can tell you they have ways around the whole recruiting thing....they are called grants. I even had one coach walk up to me, hand me his number to their admissions dept and tell me to call them and request an info packet and then he could legally talk to us about how to get our son into their program. We didn't approach them, they approached us. Ultimately, we left the decision to him and he declined. He didn't feel a good ole country boy would fit in with the whole private school scene.

Also, the CAK poster who said that their students on financial aid are not allowed to play sports??? I find that hard o believe, that would be discrimination and is probably illegal. You need to check your facts on that one. I know several kids on financial aid at various private schools and the reason they are there is to play sports.

Hate to sound like a whining Mom but if it walks like a duck, quacks like a duck....it's a DUCK. I just watched the CAK/Page game film and can tell you it was ugly. I slowed it down frame by frame and yes, you can see the ankle twisting more than once and it is the same CAK player, won't name him here for he knows what he did and he'll answer for that later. You can see that same kid throw a knee into my son's chest after he was tackled so hard it knocked his head backwards and the ref was right there only my son got the unsportsmanlike conduct call...go figure? (Trust me, his Dad has addressed that with him!) The phantom block was just that...pathetic call by the refs....basically waited to see where we positioned the ball before throwing the flag. The block was perfect and legal. The last few minutes really had some bad calls.

I don't think anyone here blamed the fans or parents but sometimes the actions of one represents the group. Hopefully, the CAK coaches will deal with the player(s) that did not represent their school well during the game.

I will say Page did not manage the clock very well in the last couple of minutes and we had a hard time getting out of bounds to stop it. I'll say it again, you can not win games when your defense is on the field for almost 3/4 of the game. I will commend our boys for never giving up and playing tough even when the odds were so obviously stacked against them. We don't have a lot of depth and many of these boys play on both sides of the ball and give it their all. I was very proud of them.

I heard thru the grapevine that we will see some different offensive plays this week against Marshall Co....should be a great game. I would like to see more passing though, not because my son is a WR but passing is crucial in any game. Neel is awesome and if he can make a few passes along with all his fantastic carries, Page should have no problem.

Funny thing is we watched a guy that I assume was with TSSAA taking notes during the 2nd half. He had on a shirt and hat with TSSAA on them and was toting a notebook and writing down notes. He was near us and watched him shake his head at several of the calls made against Page. It was obvious that he also disagreed with them.

Wow! This topic just will not die! Maybe next time we play if ever with the new divisions and all. I will try to make sure that you guys get a couple of parents to ref, have the grass mowed, we will tie one hand behind our back so that we can not hold, twist, etc. I will also see if the coaches will stay in the locker room and coach via cell phone and we will only start 8.3 players that way you cannot complain (8.3 is round about with the multiplier!) that should make it fair /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

Oh by the way how many students do you have in your school? CAK less than 400!