Page @ CAK

FootballDad

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I said it last year and I say it this year ...playing someone two years in a row at their place....there is something wrong somewhere. How about CAK coming down for two yrs....still no answer??? How about signing that 2 yr deal BEFORE the game Friday.

As far as the officials go.....weak and out of position a lot.....would they throw more flags on a visiting team from Middle TN....we'll see.....the truth will be in the offensive line holding calls...plus I rarely see a TSSAA ref get a pass intereference call correct.

That poster who played last year and is spouting off....welllll....come to this game. I had Page at home by 17 now I think 7-10pts....if we play hard and disciplined. This will NOT be the same Page team from last year.

CAK lost so many All-Americans from last year, I don't see how they can be competitive at the same level.. Granted they have strong athletes......I just want Page to play their game. Daniels is a tough coach when the game is on the line and a master of using the clock.

Most of what CAK is going thru this year is what Page had going last year plus a new coach. The second half of the season Page got it turned around.

I doubt that the same officials from last year will call the game this year, because the nursing home they come from has a curfew. Take into consideration that dementia may play a factor in whether or not they could find the field.

I said it last year and I say it this year ...playing someone two years in a row at their place....there is something wrong somewhere. How about CAK coming down for two yrs....still no answer??? How about signing that 2 yr deal BEFORE the game Friday.

As far as the officials go.....weak and out of position a lot.....would they throw more flags on a visiting team from Middle TN....we'll see.....the truth will be in the offensive line holding calls...plus I rarely see a TSSAA ref get a pass intereference call correct.

That poster who played last year and is spouting off....welllll....come to this game. I had Page at home by 17 now I think 7-10pts....if we play hard and disciplined. This will NOT be the same Page team from last year.

CAK lost so many All-Americans from last year, I don't see how they can be competitive at the same level.. Granted they have strong athletes......I just want Page to play their game. Daniels is a tough coach when the game is on the line and a master of using the clock.

Most of what CAK is going thru this year is what Page had going last year plus a new coach. The second half of the season Page got it turned around.

I doubt that the same officials from last year will call the game this year, because the nursing home they come from has a curfew. Take into consideration that dementia may play a factor in whether or not they could find the field.

Not sure why you keep insinuating something underhanded has taken place because Page is playing on the road at CAK in back to back years. All those involved in signing the 2 year deal I'm sure were responsible representatives of their respective schools. Everyone knew what was on the table and they agreed or they wouldn't have signed the contract. One of the other Page fans posted earlier that the team was going to take in a UT game while up in Knoxville. Its quite possible that the team enjoys having a road trip once a year and this was a good opportunity to do just that. But why don't you just call the AD at Page and ask him why?

As far as CAK coming to Page that would be just fine by most CAK fans. Your beating your chest like Page is an NFL team and that CAK would be scared to death to play you guys at your place. CAK may or may not win this Friday night but to think they are intimidated is ridiculous. You guys got beat last year by CAK, plain and simple. Of course that was because you played without your seniors, the referees stole the game, the team had jet lag, you weren't use to the altitude, the grass was too high, the time change was hard to adjust to, there was a 30mph wind, yada...yada...yada.

CAK by a TD /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Do you do any work? /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> Who yall got this week and are you the favorite? Good luck and keep me informed! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Not sure why you keep insinuating something underhanded has taken place because Page is playing on the road at CAK in back to back years. All those involved in signing the 2 year deal I'm sure were responsible representatives of their respective schools. Everyone knew what was on the table and they agreed or they wouldn't have signed the contract. One of the other Page fans posted earlier that the team was going to take in a UT game while up in Knoxville. Its quite possible that the team enjoys having a road trip once a year and this was a good opportunity to do just that. But why don't you just call the AD at Page and ask him why?

As far as CAK coming to Page that would be just fine by most CAK fans. Your beating your chest like Page is an NFL team and that CAK would be scared to death to play you guys at your place. CAK may or may not win this Friday night but to think they are intimidated is ridiculous. You guys got beat last year by CAK, plain and simple. Of course that was because you played without your seniors, the referees stole the game, the team had jet lag, you weren't use to the altitude, the grass was too high, the time change was hard to adjust to, there was a 30mph wind, yada...yada...yada.

Thank you football dad.

And bulldog69, if you were referring to me in your prior post, I will be there.. so please quit bitchinn about the refs and playin away- thats for women- so if you want to gossip and hold grudges, switch over to the soccer blog.

My My....did the Bulldog get under your skin? NOBODY said anything about anything underhanded...who is this guy... the spinmeister??

Sorry to say this guys...but I am not beating my chest over anything...Page has a lot to prove. I just SIMPLY stated that Page was not the same team. You are the ones taking offense to non-existent issues...been listening to too many media types about politics and reading things into something imaginary???? Right now, until Page proves it...we are just a pig with or without lipstick.

Page got beat last year......I forgot the part about the altitude(we'll bring oxygen) and the grass was too high(I'll bring a lawnmower), we'll get up an hour earlier to adjust to the time change.. Now as for the wind...well..I can't control that...maybe if your fans would stop blowing off so hard there will only be a slight breeze.....but please wait until game time. I see that you admitted the refs stole the game and we didn't even think that.

I see that no one has come to the defense of the quality of officiating in East TN........well???

I'll bring a two yr contract with me......you all can have a chance to visit the Rudderville Chamber of Commerce and our museum.

I believe at least one of those officials was at Cheatham County last week.Kept his hands in his pockets all night ,looked to be lost in space.

But he was fair,wouldnt run for either team.

My My....did the Bulldog get under your skin? NOBODY said anything about anything underhanded...who is this guy... the spinmeister??

Sorry to say this guys...but I am not beating my chest over anything...Page has a lot to prove. I just SIMPLY stated that Page was not the same team. You are the ones taking offense to non-existent issues...been listening to too many media types about politics and reading things into something imaginary???? Right now, until Page proves it...we are just a pig with or without lipstick.

Page got beat last year......I forgot the part about the altitude(we'll bring oxygen) and the grass was too high(I'll bring a lawnmower), we'll get up an hour earlier to adjust to the time change.. Now as for the wind...well..I can't control that...maybe if your fans would stop blowing off so hard there will only be a slight breeze.....but please wait until game time. I see that you admitted the refs stole the game and we didn't even think that.

I see that no one has come to the defense of the quality of officiating in East TN........well???

I'll bring a two yr contract with me......you all can have a chance to visit the Rudderville Chamber of Commerce and our museum.

Ok, OK, it sounds like you're just having fun so I'll bite and respond. /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

To say that a entire area's officiating is much worse than another entire area is silly. The only people who would believe that the E TN refs are SO much weaker than the Mid TN refs is someone from, of course, Mid TN. I suppose you think when an E TN team travels to a middle TN opponent, all the fans sit in awe of the brilliant officiating...Yeah right.

My advice is free, and not worth a penny more than you paid for it, but I would save the whining you did last year about the refs for a game where you lost by 3 points, hey maybe 7 points; but it looks pretty rediculous when there is a 25 point margin.

Now as to the issue you bring up over and over and over and over about both games being played in Knoxville, seriously your beef is with your own athletic department. I'd be glad to play all 10 games at home if the other teams would agree to it. I don't know what the origin of this decision was, but if there is any blame to be assigned it is obviously between you and your AD.

Now as far as you beating your chest or not, I guess that is in the "ear / eye of the beholder." But your recurring theme has been (to paraphrase) "just wait, this year is going to be different!" I haven't seen any of the CAK fans come even close to thumping their chest. So, let's just see what happens this Friday. You may be right, Page may win. Or, they may not. Either way, you've laid plenty of groundwork for excuses if it doesn't go your way. It'll be the refs, or the game two years in a row at CAK, or maybe something more creative.

Regardless, even if we disagree, I enjoyed our friendly discussion last year as well as this year. I hope Page brings a huge crowd and that there is a great atmosphere. Win or lose, there is no place I'd rather be this Friday night. Travel safely Page players and fans.

I'll still bring the oxygen, the lawnmower, the 2 yr contract.....heck I'll bring my own refs........Dewey, Cheatham, and Howe.

I am counting on us not to have a letdown and be healthy. If we are, I will take my chances.

Our refs are better over here...our schools is better over here, our food is better over here , our people are better over here....blah blah blah.

You guys have put spin on it...you paraphrased it....but the fact is pretty simple Page is NOT the same team. Read whatever you want into it.

Your refs are lazy for the most part...ours are blind.

If there is justice, it would be nice to return the favor you did for us last year..... and we would take a 35-7 victory. i doubt that though.

Why is there always a teenage testosterone kid get on a thread and throw out such verbage as whining when someone expreses an opinion.....is that supposed to be some form of bullying?

The biggest difference between last year's thread and this one is that I don't see CAK fans pointing out their star players and stats and their accomplishments. For instance all you heard was Bennett this and Bennett that. Who are the standouts? I can't even tell if or who will be healthy enough to play....is that the proverbial smokescreen??

I'll still bring the oxygen, the lawnmower, the 2 yr contract.....heck I'll bring my own refs........Dewey, Cheatham, and Howe.

I am counting on us not to have a letdown and be healthy. If we are, I will take my chances.

Our refs are better over here...our schools is better over here, our food is better over here , our people are better over here....blah blah blah.

You guys have put spin on it...you paraphrased it....but the fact is pretty simple Page is NOT the same team. Read whatever you want into it.

Your refs are lazy for the most part...ours are blind.

If there is justice, it would be nice to return the favor you did for us last year..... and we would take a 35-7 victory. i doubt that though.

Why is there always a teenage testosterone kid get on a thread and throw out such verbage as whining when someone expreses an opinion.....is that supposed to be some form of bullying?

The biggest difference between last year's thread and this one is that I don't see CAK fans pointing out their star players and stats and their accomplishments. For instance all you heard was Bennett this and Bennett that. Who are the standouts? I can't even tell if or who will be healthy enough to play....is that the proverbial smokescreen??

Your right your schools IS better! besides our refs are lazy and blind.......