Polk County vs Tellico Plains

Polk20isTrevy

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Polk 27, Tellico 21.

i dont think polk's defense will give up 21 to tellico.. and i dont think the bears defense will hold polk to 27.. i expect touchdowns to come from defense, special teams, and the offense this week.. go out and get it done then go and relax in the locker room, we took care of business early in the game last year, improved tellico or not the starters shouldn't see the 4th quarter..

tellico improved...not back in the winners cirlce....polk rolls 45 to 6

Tellico has been in the winners circle. I believe the score was 39-6 against Grundy? I haven't watched them, but with a quarterback ranked seventh in the state, I think Tellico might have more than what everybody thinks. I honestly cannot say who will win this one. This might be one I have to travel and watch. Good Luck to both teams.

I can see polk winning by 6 touchdowns. Tellico is young and small, not much defense. Polk will have their way with them. (Polk is ranked #10 in the state) Go Chargers

That ranking means absolutely nothing. If I'm not mistaken, Polk has been ranked every year since 2001 and has yet to make it out of the second round of the playoffs.

That ranking means absolutely nothing. If I'm not mistaken, Polk has been ranked every year since 2001 and has yet to make it out of the second round of the playoffs.

I think you are correct. Rankings dont mean anything(central #3) how many teams from this region has made it past the second round? Not many in the last 20 years, so lets worry about the region then we will worry about the playoffs.

I think you are correct. Rankings dont mean anything(central #3) how many teams from this region has made it past the second round? Not many in the last 20 years, so lets worry about the region then we will worry about the playoffs.

Memories are short in Polk County because in the last 20 years they have not won a region or district championship in football. Meigs and Central have been to the semi-finals and finals once each over that same time period. If you evaluate the last 20 years Meigs has been to the playoffs the most. Central was always in the playoffs in the 90's when the Wildcats did not win very many. . I think the Bears won a district or region championship over that time period. Even Sequoyah had a couple in the late 90's. Just an objective history lesson. Of course all this is just discussion. I agree rankings this early in the season mean very little but it is nice to see Central, Polk and Howard are representing 3-3A. This might be our region's year to turn the tables on 4-3A.

Good luck to the Bears and Wildcats. Can't pick against the Wildcats. One of my favorite players of all time plays FB. Score a few Coty! This quote describes how I view Polk County football and Coach Davis' success!

"The best thing I ever learned in life was that things have to be worked for. A lot of people seem to think there is some sort of magic in making a winning football team. There isn't, but there's plenty of work."