Karns vs. Powell

osunut2

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Powell wins 22-15. A pretty bad game for 3 quarters, and then both offenses came alive in the 4th. Karns made a lot of silly mistakes throughout this game (a lot of dumb penalties and dropped passes), but Powell couldn't capitalize. Yet another tough loss for the Beavers. This game could have gone either way, but it definitely came down to the team that made the least number of mistakes. Powell played the game nearly penalty-free, but they looked very discombobulated on offense for 3 quarters. However, once they got going in the 4th quarter, it didn't take them long to score.

Kier Houston is one heck of an athlete. He'll have to settle in much more quickly next week against Maryville. The Rebels would have put this game away by halftime, given the way the Panthers played early. I still can't believe that Powell doesn't have a placekicker. How is that even possible? Is there not someone in that school who can kick an extra point?!

Powell wins 22-15. A pretty bad game for 3 quarters, and then both offenses came alive in the 4th. Karns made a lot of silly mistakes throughout this game (a lot of dumb penalties and dropped passes), but Powell couldn't capitalize. Yet another tough loss for the Beavers. This game could have gone either way, but it definitely came down to the team that made the least number of mistakes. Powell played the game nearly penalty-free, but they looked very discombobulated on offense for 3 quarters. However, once they got going in the 4th quarter, it didn't take them long to score.

Kier Houston is one heck of an athlete. He'll have to settle in much more quickly next week against Maryville. The Rebels would have put this game away by halftime, given the way the Panthers played early. I still can't believe that Powell doesn't have a placekicker. How is that even possible? Is there not someone in that school who can kick an extra point?!

Way to go guys! We are proud of you for hanging in there and winning it in the 4th. Keep it going!!!!

Matt held an open tryout for a kicker. He even reached out to the soccer team, but nobody could even consistently even hit extra points. Powell has been very fortunate to have outstanding kickers over the last 20 years or so up until now. I hope it doesn't come back to bite the Panthers before this season is over.

I do know one thing - if a kicker is looking for a place to kick next year, his family moving in to the Powell zone would be a great opportunity. The job is there for the taking.

Matt held an open tryout for a kicker. He even reached out to the soccer team, but nobody could even consistently even hit extra points. Powell has been very fortunate to have outstanding kickers over the last 20 years or so up until now. I hope it doesn't come back to bite the Panthers before this season is over.

I do know one thing - if a kicker is looking for a place to kick next year, his family moving in to the Powell zone would be a great opportunity. The job is there for the taking.

Congrats to the Powell panthers for beating a hopelessly bad Karns team. Karns has gone through more problems,i.e. former coach, than USC scored against OSU last night.

HTV, I don't recall Powell as haveing outstanding kickers, but consistent kickers. Maybe your plea with enable the Coaches to once again reach the recruiting pinnacle they once enjoyed with there former coach.

HTV, I don't recall Powell as haveing outstanding kickers, but consistent kickers. Maybe your plea with enable the Coaches to once again reach the recruiting pinnacle they once enjoyed with there former coach.

You really haven't been paying much attention, then. Josh Williamson started the trend, followed by Jon Bryant. Tom Hansen, who set a UT-Martin school record on Friday night kicking 12 extra points (twelve is correct, not a typo) and a field goal for 15 points in the game, was next, followed by Chris Ducharme. All were All-Region kickers and all were outstanding at what they did. I'm not sure what criteria you use to separate consistent from outstanding, but they were outstanding none the less.

And for what it is worth, I was a huge admirer of the O'Connor's when they were at Halls. They weren't outstanding - the were absolutely awesome kickers.

As for my "plea", this is a message board. I made a comment. I suggest that if you don't like what I post to skip over what I write.

For a Halls guy you certainly do seem to spend a lot of time worrying about poor ole Powell. I'll bet that Kevin would love to have you channeling that much attention towards his program instead of worrying about somebody else.