Karns vs. Powell

osunut2

After being thumped by Campbell County in week 1, the Panthers got off the schnide by beating Lenoir City handily last Friday night. Karns has had a heartbreaking season thus far, losing their first 3 games by a combine 10 points (one-point losses to Lenoir City and Morristown East, plus an 8-point loss to Sevier County). Is this the game that Karns finally gets that first 'W' of the season? Powell is still trying to prove to everyone that their week 1 loss was a bit of an aberration. They looked good on Friday, and Kier Houston had one heck of a game that night. This is a big game for both teams; it should provide a big confidence boost for the winner.

Let's hear some thoughts on this upcoming game.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know this is not a good comparison, but just looking at common opponents, Lenoir City edged Karns by one, while Powell beat LC by 32. I'm a lot more confident in Powell now, after seeing them play a complete game against LC, but again, it's still early in the season. My prediciton:

Powell 28 - Karns 13

This game will be won up front in the trenches... as to who wins... its too close to call.... its a drivers race

Wow! Three cliches in once sentence. Might be some kind of record. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

You are correct, however. It's hard to pick a clear favorite in this one. Yes, Karns lost to Lenoir City and Powell pounded Lenoir City, but Karns played a pretty good Sevier County team close in their last outing and only lost by a point against a 2-0 team in Morristown East two weeks ago.

Plus, Karns is a big team up front. They will give Powell problems with their size.

On the other side, Karns hasn't seen a team that throws the ball like Powell will.

Add to the mix that it is a border rivalry. The kids know each other well, and in fact with the zone change that took affect this fall, a lot of the kids from both teams went to school together prior last month. It should be a good football game.

OSU, you going to be going, if so give me a call I may try to come out if we get everything done in time down at Neyland. Still so much to do before Saturday.

On the game, it seems like Powell should win this one, but they also had the big loss to CC so who knows whats going to happen. IT will be a good game no matter what

OSU, you going to be going, if so give me a call I may try to come out if we get everything done in time down at Neyland. Still so much to do before Saturday.

On the game, it seems like Powell should win this one, but they also had the big loss to CC so who knows whats going to happen. IT will be a good game no matter what

I didn't get to make it out to CC or LC, but I should definitely be at this one, since it's the home opener. Let me know if you can make it to the game.

I know this is not a good comparison, but just looking at common opponents, Lenoir City edged Karns by one, while Powell beat LC by 32. I'm a lot more confident in Powell now, after seeing them play a complete game against LC, but again, it's still early in the season. My prediciton:

Powell 28 - Karns 13

As an LC fan that saw LC defeat Karns and Powell defeat LC, I would predict Powell to win, however, Karns had 6 turnovers against LC that basically handed us the game. LC made alot of mistakes against Powell which contributed heavily to our loss. I say this will be a good game with Powell winning by a touchdown.

Wow! Three cliches in once sentence. Might be some kind of record. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

You are correct, however. It's hard to pick a clear favorite in this one. Yes, Karns lost to Lenoir City and Powell pounded Lenoir City, but Karns played a pretty good Sevier County team close in their last outing and only lost by a point against a 2-0 team in Morristown East two weeks ago.

Plus, Karns is a big team up front. They will give Powell problems with their size.

On the other side, Karns hasn't seen a team that throws the ball like Powell will.

Add to the mix that it is a border rivalry. The kids know each other well, and in fact with the zone change that took affect this fall, a lot of the kids from both teams went to school together prior last month. It should be a good football game.

Can you please tell me how the 3 things I said has been overused to the point of losing its intended force or novelty.

Just give me an explaination on why you said that refering to the Powell Panthers...please. Thanks

Can you please tell me how the 3 things I said has been overused to the point of losing its intended force or novelty.

Just give me an explaination on why you said that refering to the Powell Panthers...please. Thanks

Perhaps because I was just joking with you? You did use 3 sports cliches. Did you notice the laughing simile? That means I was joking.

I think I was pretty clear in my thoughts. Powell has stunk the place up once and they have played well once. I don't think any Panther player, coach, or fan would tell you otherwise.

Karns has lost three close games. They had a legit chance to win two of them, and they weren't blown out in the third. I don't think anybody really knows what is going to happen tomorrow night at this point.

Well, I know what's going to happen...Powell will come out of its Funk and beat Karns by atleast 17 points. Now, whether it comes just from the offense I don't really know, but if the defense can stop the run/pass, I think that the offense will score at a pace that Karns will not be able to keep up with them.

Perhaps because I was just joking with you? You did use 3 sports cliches. Did you notice the laughing simile? That means I was joking.

I think I was pretty clear in my thoughts. Powell has stunk the place up once and they have played well once. I don't think any Panther player, coach, or fan would tell you otherwise.

Karns has lost three close games. They had a legit chance to win two of them, and they weren't blown out in the third. I don't think anybody really knows what is going to happen tomorrow night at this point.

Thanks.

Well, I know what's going to happen...Powell will come out of its Funk and beat Karns by atleast 17 points. Now, whether it comes just from the offense I don't really know, but if the defense can stop the run/pass, I think that the offense will score at a pace that Karns will not be able to keep up with them.

I agree, Powell and Kier Houston have an opportunity to really have a breakout game tonight. They need to carry some momentum into the game next week against Maryville, so we'll see.