covington chargers?

wtnoff

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

MUNFORD , thats where the new population and growth is moving to now .

I don't think that is it because I watched Munford on film and they looked bad. It is going to be a down year for the Cougars. I like Coach Beaubien he seems like a nice guy it is going to take a little while to get used to his offensive style. Brighton is where the players are going, but the county is really getting evened out. Down years come around every now and then.

I don't think that is it because I watched Munford on film and they looked bad. It is going to be a down year for the Cougars. I like Coach Beaubien he seems like a nice guy it is going to take a little while to get used to his offensive style. Brighton is where the players are going, but the county is really getting evened out. Down years come around every now and then.

I seen the 8th grade play last year agaist Ripley and they looked to have some really good talent on the way . Tipton county is growing but more so on the Munford end .

The only thing that has fallen on hard times for covington is there Head Coach wrong man for the job at Covington!!!! I think he found out last year that coaching the kids at covington is a little different than coaching at DCA. Not saying is a bad coach just the wrong man for a head coaching postition especially at a public school. They still have athletes and speed just in the wrong Offense in my opinion I have watched the Chargers over the last few years. They have been running the Wing T and Double Wing, running the jet, trap buck etc..... and using their speed and motion to beat people. And the last time I checked in those days Covington was beating people deep into November!!!! Beaubien is trying to line up in the pro-I with undersized lineman and small scat backs. And what I have seen and read in the paper they are trying to throw the ball like 20 plus times a game and not completing many of them. That puts alot a pressure on a pretty good defense. All I'm saying is the middle school at covington is successful year in and year out and so is the freshman team and they both run the Wing. So you would think he would figure that out. But from what I hear from some Charger Faithful is they will be shopping for a new head coach this off-season and I don't believe thats just hear say. BUT FACT!!!!

Used to be you hired a coach that could turn kids into good fathers and husbands, but that just isn't the case anymore. It stinks when good people may lose their job because of some whiny parents or boosters. Yeah Covington was good running that Wing-T, good enough for a second or third round playoff loss every year maybe an occasional trip to the big game where they would get hammered. Covington fans should have hired a wing t guy, but I bet he was hired because of his morals and the fact that he was a winner calling the defense for one of the best 1A programs in the state. Well get rid of the guy and get a wing t guy in there. Coaching is not always about wins and losses.

Used to be you hired a coach that could turn kids into good fathers and husbands, but that just isn't the case anymore. It stinks when good people may lose their job because of some whiny parents or boosters. Yeah Covington was good running that Wing-T, good enough for a second or third round playoff loss every year maybe an occasional trip to the big game where they would get hammered. Covington fans should have hired a wing t guy, but I bet he was hired because of his morals and the fact that he was a winner calling the defense for one of the best 1A programs in the state. Well get rid of the guy and get a wing t guy in there. Coaching is not always about wins and losses.

Coach Beaubien is a great guy and his ability to coach is not in question to anyone that knows him. He will get as much done at covington as he is given time to do. Change is hard for some people and I understand the fans want to win, but don't you think that is what the guy is trying to do? Give him a real chance and you will be glad you did.

Coach Beaubien is a great guy and his ability to coach is not in question to anyone that knows him. He will get as much done at covington as he is given time to do. Change is hard for some people and I understand the fans want to win, but don't you think that is what the guy is trying to do? Give him a real chance and you will be glad you did.

I agree and I am from Tipton County so I know exactly how it is for every school, but you have to give somebody some time. When you hire a coach he should be free to run whatever he wants. Aydelott left for Riverdale and he had been running the "awesome" wing t at Hillsboro and then a coach from California comes in with the spread and goes to the state title game. He just took those wingbacks and made them slot receivers. If in a couple of years he hasn't produced I am sure he will probably move on.

It does seem that high school football has moved away from having a head coach that teaches kids the right and wrong way to succeed in life and has turned into all about wins and losses. There are plenty of coaches on every level that sometimes struggle when they are trying to install a new system when the players are used to a completely different system. I will also agree with the statements made on giving him some time. It's not like he enjoys losing......no coach does. But when he starts winning I'm sure all the bad seasons will be forgotten.

The only thing that has fallen on hard times for covington is there Head Coach wrong man for the job at Covington!!!! I think he found out last year that coaching the kids at covington is a little different than coaching at DCA. Not saying is a bad coach just the wrong man for a head coaching postition especially at a public school. They still have athletes and speed just in the wrong Offense in my opinion I have watched the Chargers over the last few years. They have been running the Wing T and Double Wing, running the jet, trap buck etc..... and using their speed and motion to beat people. And the last time I checked in those days Covington was beating people deep into November!!!! Beaubien is trying to line up in the pro-I with undersized lineman and small scat backs. And what I have seen and read in the paper they are trying to throw the ball like 20 plus times a game and not completing many of them. That puts alot a pressure on a pretty good defense. All I'm saying is the middle school at covington is successful year in and year out and so is the freshman team and they both run the Wing. So you would think he would figure that out. But from what I hear from some Charger Faithful is they will be shopping for a new head coach this off-season and I don't believe thats just hear say. BUT FACT!!!!

How will Covington do the rest of the year? Playoffs? What does everyone think? Who will win tonight Brighton vs Covington?

You saw how that came out - Brighton 37, Covington 7. The last two years are the only times Brighton has ever beaten Covington. New coach and the team is now 2-12 over the last 14 games. You tell me what will happen.

I have sit back and read what a great coach this guy is and I have watched for 2 years, bone head after bone head decision. A Brighton 1st and 2 and DONT GET IN ! with a 210 pound quarterback and don't even try a sneak, run the same side all 4 times. We had cramps all night, never in the last 20 years have we not been in game shape until this goofball comes a long. We're not fundamentally sound, we're not in shape, there is no emotion on the field or sidelines, obviously he hasn't look at any film to see how Covington has been a powehouse for over a decade, it sure as heck aint running that offense(if you can call it offense) he's running. I guess we do look like a single A private school. The talent is there, not as much as in recent years but enough to do a lot better than we are.