covington chargers?

wtnoff

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have sit back and read what a great coach this guy is and I have watched for 2 years, bone head after bone head decision. A Brighton 1st and 2 and DONT GET IN ! with a 210 pound quarterback and don't even try a sneak, run the same side all 4 times. We had cramps all night, never in the last 20 years have we not been in game shape until this goofball comes a long. We're not fundamentally sound, we're not in shape, there is no emotion on the field or sidelines, obviously he hasn't look at any film to see how Covington has been a powehouse for over a decade, it sure as heck aint running that offense(if you can call it offense) he's running. I guess we do look like a single A private school. The talent is there, not as much as in recent years but enough to do a lot better than we are.

Facts:

> Covington is having 4 to 5 players cramp up every game this year. In the past, we were the team in great condition, and others cramped up. the 4th qtr was Charger time.

> The offense has scored a total of three touchdowns in 4 games. Two were shutouts. First downs are hard to come by, even.

> The defense is giving up big point totals. 26, 42, 28, and 37.

> At 0-4, a year at 0-10 is possible. That has not happened in Covington since the early 1990s when half the team quit.

> We are still getting lots of illegal procedure and offsides penalties even in game 4.

The only thing that has fallen on hard times for covington is there Head Coach wrong man for the job at Covington!!!! I think he found out last year that coaching the kids at covington is a little different than coaching at DCA. Not saying is a bad coach just the wrong man for a head coaching postition especially at a public school. They still have athletes and speed just in the wrong Offense in my opinion I have watched the Chargers over the last few years. They have been running the Wing T and Double Wing, running the jet, trap buck etc..... and using their speed and motion to beat people. And the last time I checked in those days Covington was beating people deep into November!!!! Beaubien is trying to line up in the pro-I with undersized lineman and small scat backs. And what I have seen and read in the paper they are trying to throw the ball like 20 plus times a game and not completing many of them. That puts alot a pressure on a pretty good defense. All I'm saying is the middle school at covington is successful year in and year out and so is the freshman team and they both run the Wing. So you would think he would figure that out. But from what I hear from some Charger Faithful is they will be shopping for a new head coach this off-season and I don't believe thats just hear say. BUT FACT!!!!

Big difference between middle school ball and high school.

Sorry Ace5, but wins and loses do matter at covington. If you coach at a 3aaa power I don't think 2-12 in the last 14 games is going to cut it. Especaily after a decade of averaging at least 11 wins a season. And I'm pretty sure that alot of the programs would like to say they are going to atleast the Quarter Finals every year. Yeah he used to call the defense at "1A" DCA is definitely not Covington and not Region 7-3AAA. But as a fan of another Region 7 opponent I hope Covington keeps him forever that means the odds of beating them goes up and up ever year!!!

You guys were good, but I don't know if I would say 3A power. According to tssaa.org you guys have been to the championship game 3 times. 1971,2000,2003. You have 0 state titles. I believe it would be a huge stretch calling yourselves a power.

I have sit back and read what a great coach this guy is and I have watched for 2 years, bone head after bone head decision. A Brighton 1st and 2 and DONT GET IN ! with a 210 pound quarterback and don't even try a sneak, run the same side all 4 times. We had cramps all night, never in the last 20 years have we not been in game shape until this goofball comes a long. We're not fundamentally sound, we're not in shape, there is no emotion on the field or sidelines, obviously he hasn't look at any film to see how Covington has been a powehouse for over a decade, it sure as heck aint running that offense(if you can call it offense) he's running. I guess we do look like a single A private school. The talent is there, not as much as in recent years but enough to do a lot better than we are.

Man it sure it easy to coach and critique from the bleachers. You should put your resume in. I'll bet you will win Covington their 1st ever state title in your 1st year. You might be the next Bear Bryant.

You guys were good, but I don't know if I would say 3A power. According to tssaa.org you guys have been to the championship game 3 times. 1971,2000,2003. You have 0 state titles. I believe it would be a huge stretch calling yourselves a power.

Covington was hard to beat in 1996 through 2006. We were the power in region 7-3A. We were consistently ranked in the top 5 or 10 teams in Division 3A for most of that time.

Covington was hard to beat in 1996 through 2006. We were the power in region 7-3A. We were consistently ranked in the top 5 or 10 teams in Division 3A for most of that time.

You had a nice 10 year period, I guess. I guess my question would be how well did the rest of your region do? The point is that it is easy to be ranked that high, as well as dominate the region if it is a weaker region. I think the dominant region in west tn during that time was region 6. I know you guys were good because you made it to 2 title games, but I still think it is kind of hard to call yourselves a powerhouse. Just my opinion.

A good person- yes,. just not a football coach. Guy is learning how to coach at covington's expense. Covington has the talent , these two years were supposed to be bumper years. Region seems to be down this year as well so maybe can still win a few. Haywood has already lost two -to inner-city memphis teams and barely beat a down JCM team and they beat Dyersburg, Haywoods two wins were by a total of 6 points. Losing to Brighton , he doesn't even know the significance. The Barten guy who was principle should be laid the blame. the football team and community are suffering from his principleship, the academics of the school was left in ruins and on the failure list. Football as you can see total disaster- many pay the consequences of his reign. These are the overwhelming opinions that i am getting from the Covington folk, is it valid only they can tell, but it certainly appears to be. Hopefully they'll get it together

Look, I'm not a covington fan just stating the facts and since you are just a Coach Beau fan why don't you request for him to coach your team and then we will see how delighted you would be with how things have been going.

I'm not a Covington fan either. I was just stating my opinion about the situation. Don't have to get all bent out of shape because someone disagrees with you. My team is Milan,and they have the best coach in the state. Again my opinion, I hope you agree because wow you obviously can't handle it when people don't agree.

A good person- yes,. just not a football coach. Guy is learning how to coach at covington's expense. Covington has the talent , these two years were supposed to be bumper years. Region seems to be down this year as well so maybe can still win a few. Haywood has already lost two -to inner-city memphis teams and barely beat a down JCM team and they beat Dyersburg, Haywoods two wins were by a total of 6 points. Losing to Brighton , he doesn't even know the significance. The Barten guy who was principle should be laid the blame. the football team and community are suffering from his principleship, the academics of the school was left in ruins and on the failure list. Football as you can see total disaster- many pay the consequences of his reign. These are the overwhelming opinions that i am getting from the Covington folk, is it valid only they can tell, but it certainly appears to be. Hopefully they'll get it together

Oh how we forget, Barton hired us 3 great coaches that got us use to winning, so much so that now we're spoiled and think it's easy. If I was hiring a coach and saw Bobien(however you spell it) resume I woulp prolly hire him too. But once you see the same coaching mistakes week after week, 11 injury timeouts for cramps @ brighton, no emotion on field or sidelines, great guy, good coach at single A private school level but it aint working here. Dr.Barton gets blamed for a lot of stuff that he had no control. When your school is atleast 45-50% public housing kids, it aint exactly his fault. Your also wrong when he left the school it made no child left behind numbers every year under his leadership. Never on a failling list. Again 3 out of 4 aint bad!

Man it sure it easy to coach and critique from the bleachers. You should put your resume in. I'll bet you will win Covington their 1st ever state title in your 1st year. You might be the next Bear Bryant.

Man or prolly a woman, I'm sure you were one of those guys that wore black socks to P.E. or you played on the field every Friday night. Right on the 45 blowing that horn! You don't have to be coach to know when you see bad decisions,bad play calling. A team with some reasonable potential atleast .500 not even coming close. But obviously your Coach Bo's friend and thats fine I've heard he's a great guy,just can't coach at this level. But at Covington we run tha ball!

Might be a good suggestion though, for you and Coach Bo to read the Bear's book might give a little insight on what a coach does.