VOLUNTEER FALCONS AT CLINTWOOD VA

VHSFALCONS

yeah with all that talk what is that final score. Atleast VA took 1 from TN this week.

shut up man if you read my post i gave credit to clintwood for being ranked higher than GC or PV in VA. You think im going to lose sleep over this? My senior year (last yr) we beat clintwood 42-0, so it doesn't really matter to me. Besides maybe you should pull your head out of VA's butt, considering your info says you are from Johnson Co., TN. I'm not sure why you have so much va pride, but when you really look at it SW Virginia football is joke compared to northeast TN football. Sure my alma mater lost to a VA team last night but take one of SW Virginia's top teams and pit them against a top NE TN team. That would be UGLY. I mean come on we beat them 42-0 last year and they made it to the State Championship. I realize these schools are considerably smaller in enrollment numbers but geez.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

shut up man if you read my post i gave credit to clintwood for being ranked higher than GC or PV in VA. You think im going to lose sleep over this? My senior year (last yr) we beat clintwood 42-0, so it doesn't really matter to me. Besides maybe you should pull your head out of VA's butt, considering your info says you are from Johnson Co., TN. I'm not sure why you have so much va pride, but when you really look at it SW Virginia football is joke compared to northeast TN football. Sure my alma mater lost to a VA team last night but take one of SW Virginia's top teams and pit them against a top NE TN team. That would be UGLY. I mean come on we beat them 42-0 last year and they made it to the State Championship. I realize these schools are considerably smaller in enrollment numbers but geez.

It would be great to see the team that beat Gate city in the state championship 52 to 0 play a Northeast Tenn. team. You are likely correct in that Tennessee teams are better than SWVA. teams . The team that beat Gate City was Gretna. They are a 2A school and are very good. It would be great to see them play DB or Science Hill. I believe the Clintwood team who beat Volunteer last night could beat the Sullivan teams. The East. North, and South Sullivan teams. Dont know how they would play against a DB team. I know Volunteer clobbered us 42 to 0 last year ,but we were without our best player Chris Robinson who was out with a staph infection. I dont know if his playing would have won the game for us ,but it may had been a better game. Last night Chris rushed for 188 yards and 3 tds. Volunteer did play with a lot of heart, their run game was their weakness, passing wasnt too bad though.

It would be great to see the team that beat Gate city in the state championship 52 to 0 play a Northeast Tenn. team. You are likely correct in that Tennessee teams are better than SWVA. teams . The team that beat Gate City was Gretna. They are a 2A school and are very good. It would be great to see them play DB or Science Hill. I believe the Clintwood team who beat Volunteer last night could beat the Sullivan teams. The East. North, and South Sullivan teams. Dont know how they would play against a DB team. I know Volunteer clobbered us 42 to 0 last year ,but we were without our best player Chris Robinson who was out with a staph infection. I dont know if his playing would have won the game for us ,but it may had been a better game. Last night Chris rushed for 188 yards and 3 tds. Volunteer did play with a lot of heart, their run game was their weakness, passing wasnt too bad though.

I really hope your joking,because the only Sullivan team you would beat, is the one you didnt mention"Central".

No, Clintwood could not beat the Sullivan teams. They might get lucky and beat North but I don't think so. South would beat Clintwood or any other Southwest Va. team as bad as they wanted to, and you couldn't form a Southwest Va. all star team and beat DB. Alcoa, the 2A state champion in Tennessee would beat your 2A state champion Gretna 52-0, this year, last year, or next year. If you want to know anything else just ask. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I really hope your joking,because the only Sullivan team you would beat, is the one you didnt mention"Central".

No, honesty in all I wasnt joking. Sullivan East beat Volunteer by 14 ,we beat them by 17. The rest of the Sullivan teams are perhaps good but not great. Just curious though ,which of the four Sullivan teams are the best?

No, Clintwood could not beat the Sullivan teams. They might get lucky and beat North but I don't think so. South would beat Clintwood or any other Southwest Va. team as bad as they wanted to, and you couldn't form a Southwest Va. all star team and beat DB. Alcoa, the 2A state champion in Tennessee would beat your 2A state champion Gretna 52-0, this year, last year, or next year. If you want to know anything else just ask. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Many on this message board counted our guys defeated by Volunteer. I think someone said Volunteer 33 Clintwood 14. The score was 33 to 16 Clintwood. Had it not been for Volunteer getting lucking and converting several 3rd and 20 plays the score would have been 47 to 16. So in my opinion we would play well against any Sullivan team. As far as DB AND Alcoa beating Gretna 52 to 0,thats laughable. Thats stretching it, I would say. Its good to see your passion for your Tennessee teams though. I have the same passion for my school, Clintwood. We only have 300 students. The team we have this year is a group of seniors who have played togther since peanut league. They know its their final year so they are giving it their best to go all the way. Hey best of luck to your favorite team. Just curious what team do you pull for? Peace bro.

No, honesty in all I wasnt joking. Sullivan East beat Volunteer by 14 ,we beat them by 17. The rest of the Sullivan teams are perhaps good but not great. Just curious though ,which of the four Sullivan teams are the best?

Sullivan South has been head and shoulders above the other Sullivan teams since 2005. East defeated the Falcons by 14 but it should've been much worse. Both teams played terribly that night.

I don't buy into the philosophy that ALL teams in SW VA are weaker than NET. All of those schools are usually Divions 1 or 2 schools, meaning they would be in 1A or 2A in Tennessee. Virginia High is an exception; they would be a 3A school. Clintwood would be a 1A school in Tennessee so they shouldn't be expected to defeat 4A teams. I do believe,however, that the top Division 2 and 3 teams would do just fine in NET. Graham would've won the MLC in 2003. Richlands probably wouldn't have won in 2005 and 2006, but I believe they would've defeated Tennessee in 2005.

It was hard to watch the game last night. The sad thing is Volunteer may not win another game the rest of the season. The run game couldn't get started again because of the poor play of the O line. I don't know if it's coaching or what, but it needs to be fixed. Volunteer should have beat Clintwood last night. Not taking anything away from Clintwood I think they have a good chance to win state in SW Virginia, but most teams in tennessee would destroy them. VHS should not move up next year to 5A because the most wins in school history is 6 out of 28 seasons. Anyway I hope Volunteer gets it together.

The only "top" team in NE Tennessee is Dobyns-Bennett and will be the majority of years. You're comparing a city of 20,000+ to a town of 1,500-2,000. Clintwood played their tails off to make it to the state championship game last year and deserved it. For you to say SWVA football is a joke, is showing your youth. There have been some tremendous athletes that have came from the small towns of SWVA. I'd worry about Daniel Boone, Bell County, and Greeneville before I'd say anything about "jokes".

It was hard to watch the game last night. The sad thing is Volunteer may not win another game the rest of the season. The run game couldn't get started again because of the poor play of the O line. I don't know if it's coaching or what, but it needs to be fixed. Volunteer should have beat Clintwood last night. Not taking anything away from Clintwood I think they have a good chance to win state in SW Virginia, but most teams in tennessee would destroy them. VHS should not move up next year to 5A because the most wins in school history is 6 out of 28 seasons. Anyway I hope Volunteer gets it together.

Not being disrespectful but I disagree with a couple of things in your post. First, "Volunteer should have beat Clintwood last night''. Clintwood totally dominated Volunteers run game, Volunteer had a negative 10 yards rushing. How can you say you should have won with absolutly zero rushing?? Clintwood watched film of the Volunteer - Cocke County game and totally eliminated the reverses, the screen plays,etc.. You have to admit if you were at the game last night that Volunteer was on their heels most of the night. How many 3rd and long plays did Volunteer have to convert just to maintain possesion of the ball. Luke Cradic made some good passes I give him credit. In the second half Clintwoods running game kicked in. I believe we finished the game with close to 300 yards rushing. Chris Robinson himself had 188 yards and 3 tds. So based on these facts about negative 10 yards rushing versus 300 yards rushing, my assessment would be , Clintwood should have won this game. Lets also throw in a great special teams play in the blocked punt. The second thing I disagree with is "most teams in tennessee would destroy them". Would you say destroy is 30 point win ,40 point or more win. I dont think the teams Volunteer play would destroy Clintwood. They may beat us but not destroy us. You have to remember we only have 300 students in our school. How many students attend Volunteer? To be a 4A school in Tennesee ,how many students are enrolled in this class . Is there more than a thousand, just curious? I wish your guys a great remainder of the season. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />