What will Unaka have in Football

Guest creekeru

Guest creekeru

Does anyone know what Unaka will have football this year. I know they played all freshman and sophmores last season. Who is their key players and who will be their quarterback? I use to follow football but have missed several games the last two season. I don't understand why they are always good at basketball and baseball but football never seems to do well. Also who is going to coach them this year.

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest cutnoslack

some 35 players are out. I was told the basketball players that are playing are JOsh Jones and Rusty Holstclaw who played last year and Rusty Chambers is playing I think Jones is 6'5 while Holstclaw is 6'4 both are big boys. I think they play lineman or end and Chambers 6'2 i heard was running some at quarterback. They should be improved this year

But the Highlanders will be the cream of the crop.

Guest cutnoslack

What are they doing up there on the creek. Everything looks like it has been graded Does anyone know what they are building. Will the rangers be better than last year. I sure hope so

Mike Dorsey coached the boys baseball team last year. He is also the boys basketball coach at Hunter. Gary Lewis coached the boys football team last year, but there is a rumor going around that Mickey Taylor will coach the team this year. Your guess is as good as mine. If anyone knows for sure let us know.

Guest cutnoslack

I think Andy Naylor is coaching maybe Jr. high, I am not sure. Who will quarterback for the high school team and who is their running backs. I know they were all freshman and sophomores last season

Guest cutnoslack

They look like a totally different team than last year. Line is huge and strong. Need more speed in the backfield. Parlier is a good player. They are more athletic and with players like Rusty Chambers now playing they could finish second behind Cloudland this season. Coach Ensor has the boys excited about playing.

What's the feeling now about how Unaka will do? I was only able to see part of the scrimmage with NGHS, so I don't know how it turned out. I saw a few weaknesses, but that's what a scrimmage is for, to see and learn. Was the starting QB playing? Any information will be appreciated.