best 32 teams in the state

patriot04

i wasnt saying that alcoa would 0-3 vs farragut, ooltewah, ravenwood, etc. if they played those teams the last 3 years. that was just a list of teams that i believe were better than alcoa in certain years going back to '05 and i didnt even mention the '05 oak ridge team . i agree with u i think alcoa would have handled riverdale in '06 and '07. but since i played at farragut in 05 i can strongly argue that alcoa would not have DESTROYED us then. i know they had lindsey, warren, love, feigler and those guys, but we had a top 10 defense ranked in the entire state. ooltewah was averaging 49 points/game when we played them and they only scored 23 points total in two games. i know the ridgers took it to us twice that year but they were much better/stronger team than we were. we didnt score much offense but we didnt turn the ball over either. if we had played alcoa in '05 it would have definitely been a tight ballgame going down to the last possession. and just so you understand my point, i always think alcoa deserves respect and is a premier program, i just disagree when everyone says they are the #2 best team in the entire state when they only lose to maryville. i think the rebels would even lose that #1 ranking if they did play those DII schools in nashville (i think you know who im referring to, i hate naming them).

I agree with 95% of everything you just said , the main point is me getting offended when "FarragutUniversity" called us at alcoa a bunch of "clowns" and "thugs"..........did u read his posts?

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The point was not to say anyone was scared or ducking competition. The whole point of my post was to say that those type of things go both ways. People knock maryville saying that they dont schedule the best and my point was that everyone has the same opportunity to call maryville to schedule a game that maryville does to call them. We all know that MBA plays out of state all the time against great competition and usually wins those games. But i dont think that what maryville has accomplished should be diminshed by who they are playing. I dont care who you are playing, to win 64 in a row is hard to do. Its not like they are playing just awful teams either. During this streak they have beaten everyone from Alcoa, Mo west, central (the strong central teams) to Melrose, hillsboro, and some strong others. Ill stand behind saying that they are the standard right now of TN high school football.

I can't say with any certainty that the call has ever been made from MBA to Maryville to schedule a game, only the people that schedule the games can say for sure. Maryville's schedule seems to be set year in and year out. I do know though that outside of our region games MBA sometimes has a difficult time filling in the schedule. That has something to do with having to play the out of state teams. The emnity between public/private has seemed to be greater in middle Tennessee then in the other 2 parts of the state, and until a couple of years ago we had a hard time scheduling games with local public schools. The Williamson County schools have seemed willing to play and that has helped. Last year we played Antioch, Hillsboro, Independence, and Ravenwood. This year we play Antioch, Hillsboro, and Ravenwood. I do remember Jeff Rutledge (former coach and AD) saying that he called 75 schools trying to fill in the last game on the schedule. MBA always plays week zero as well. They want to have an off week during the season for fall-break so the boys can make college visits etc.

MBA has been willing to schedule Bolles, Trinity, Byrnes, and Moeller in recent years. I would be confidant that if the opportunity ever arose to play Maryville we would jump at it.

I can't say with any certainty that the call has ever been made from MBA to Maryville to schedule a game, only the people that schedule the games can say for sure.

It has been made, many times, and Maryville isn't interested....

That having been said, I don't know why they should be. They have great local neighborhood rivalries (even if they are one-sided) that are more enjoyable for their school and community. We have really separated ourselves from our most historical rival--Father Ryan--but I wouldn't want to stop playing that game to start up a series with Maryville, for example. I would rather see MBA have a full slate of games in and around Nashville (which we seem to have these days) than far flung games all over the state and beyond. MAybe one Trinity/Moeller type game a year. Of course, we should have an annual game with Riverdale but we know that isn't happening.

With Ensworth and BA every year, we will be playing 2 of the best 5 or 10 teams in the state, so our schedule will have enough "teeth" to it, regardless of who the out of area opponents are.

Your are mentally Ill if you dont think Alcoa could beat Ootlewah, Hillsboro, and Henry Co this year

As a matter of fact, I am mentally ill. My speculation is every bit as proveable as yours, Hillsboro has lost to two very good football teams in Franklin and MBA. Henry County whether you are familiar with them or not would not but they are no pushover. Yes I think that Alcoa is avery good team and could beat manyof the teams listed above them on a given day, but you are not as smart as you may thihnk you are if you think that Hillsboro and Henry county, and Ootlewah could not beat alcoa.

Not that you shouldn't have a little swagger, but Alcoa fans shouldn't be near as upset over someone ranking Hillsboro over Alcoa as Maryville fans should be of Franklin and Henry County being ranked ahead of Maryville. I agree that Alcoa should be ranked in the Top 5 though. You'll notice I ranked Alcoa #4 myself behind only MBA, Maryville, and BA. Good luck to Alcoa in getting a fifth consecutive 2A State Championship!

Well, upset, word on Maryville is they are not as impressive as years past, Being a Hillsboro fan, I would think that you would give a little more credit to Franklin for beating hillsboro. Franklin has played just as tough a schedule as Hillsboro and come out on top everytime.

Brentwood Academy in all their greatness lost to a struggling Ravenwood (1-2), tough for me to keep them in the top 5.or the top 10.

I am not sure how good Henry County is but they are improved from the last time you saw them if that was 07 against Maplewood.

You have Smyrna at 7 with a 1-3 record and a loss to Siegal and a sqeaking win at Lebanon.

I am not big on common opponents, but Brentwood beat Dickson 28-7, beat smyrna 21-9

Henry county beat Dickson 43-0 and you have Snyrna 5 spots ahead of Henry county.

Maryville is definitely the team to beat but to rank them number one in 4a just because a different group of kids won the last few years is not indication that someone is not better this year.

LSU did not start the season number one this season just because they finished there last year.

Are u really questioning Farragut's schedule this year??? haha 2 of our upcoming opponents are in the top 10 in the state! Ooltewah and Oak Ridge. Have you lost your mind??? Thats not even mentioning DB!! And i dont need to hear about ur state championships...LOOK WHO YOU PLAYED TO WIN IT!! Alcoa could never win state in 5a let alone make a deep run into the playoffs. It takes discipline and teamwork to win state at this level, and the thugs up at alcoa could never and i repeat NEVER win state at our level. And i would be OVERJOYED to ask Farragut's AD to schedule you. It would just be another easy win over a bunch of 2a clowns!!

you farragut people make me sick with your nose up in the air! i wish it would rain and half of you would drown! alcoa should get the respect they deserve in 2A, with the number of students in the school. they don't have 2000 kids to choose from to play football. people like you give coach courtney and his staff a bad wrap. that is why everybody hates you. you are filled with lack of class. why can't you just shut up and play the game. you guys at alcoa keep up the good work. by the way how many state championships has blount co won, definitely the best high school football in the state. i don't care what farragut says you can't argue with the hardware. by the way how many state championships has farragut won.

Well, upset, word on Maryville is they are not as impressive as years past, Being a Hillsboro fan, I would think that you would give a little more credit to Franklin for beating hillsboro. Franklin has played just as tough a schedule as Hillsboro and come out on top everytime.

Brentwood Academy in all their greatness lost to a struggling Ravenwood (1-2), tough for me to keep them in the top 5.or the top 10.

I am not sure how good Henry County is but they are improved from the last time you saw them if that was 07 against Maplewood.

You have Smyrna at 7 with a 1-3 record and a loss to Siegal and a sqeaking win at Lebanon.

I am not big on common opponents, but Brentwood beat Dickson 28-7, beat smyrna 21-9

Henry county beat Dickson 43-0 and you have Snyrna 5 spots ahead of Henry county.

Maryville is definitely the team to beat but to rank them number one in 4a just because a different group of kids won the last few years is not indication that someone is not better this year.

LSU did not start the season number one this season just because they finished there last year.

No, No, No, don't misunderstand....Franklin and Henry County are both legtimate state championship contenders this year (I presume Henry County is the real deal this year with three "stud" recruits, but you're correct I haven't seen them play since last season.) More of what I was referring to is that Hillsboro has been to the 4A State Championship game 4 times in the last 7 years (The most recent being in 2006) and even won once. I'm pretty sure Henry County nor Franklin has even been a State Runner-Up in that time period. Can someone confirm on Franklin? 2004 or 2005 maybe they made it to the Finals?

Therefore, if I was a Maryville fan I would take more offense to Franklin and Henry County being ranked ahead of Maryville than Alcoa fans would be of Hillsboro being ranked ahead of Alcoa. That's all I was saying. I have plenty of respect for Franklin and Henry County's programs.

No, No, No, don't misunderstand....Franklin and Henry County are both legtimate state championship contenders this year (I presume Henry County is the real deal this year with three "stud" recruits, but you're correct I haven't seen them play since last season.) More of what I was referring to is that Hillsboro has been to the 4A State Championship game 4 times in the last 7 years (The most recent being in 2006) and even won once. I'm pretty sure Henry County nor Franklin has even been a State Runner-Up in that time period. Can someone confirm on Franklin? 2004 or 2005 maybe they made it to the Finals?

Therefore, if I was a Maryville fan I would take more offense to Franklin and Henry County being ranked ahead of Maryville than Alcoa fans would be of Hillsboro being ranked ahead of Alcoa. That's all I was saying. I have plenty of respect for Franklin and Henry County's programs.

I understand where ;you are coming from, Franklin did make it to the title game in one of the two years you mentioned and lost Riverdale.

and every time i see alcoa get beat by maryville its because they dont play disciplined. the same thing would happen if they ever played a good 5a team, whoever it is. dont throw CAK and DCA in the mix for world-beaters that you scheduled. alcoa has a great program and 9 state titles is impressive, but i would never say they are the #2 team overall in the state just because they only lose to maryville. MBA, BA, Christian Brothers, Franklin, Smyrna, Ooltewah, Riverdale, Farragut, Melrose, Ravenwood would have all beaten alcoa in the last 3 years. and this is an unbiased opinion.

I may be totally wrong on this but in the last 3 years didnt ravenwood lose to goodpasture? And the riverdale team lose to mccallie that alcoa beat?

Alcoa could never win state in 5a let alone make a deep run into the playoffs. It takes discipline and teamwork to win state at this level, and the thugs up at alcoa could never and i repeat NEVER win state at our level. And i would be OVERJOYED to ask Farragut's AD to schedule you. It would just be another easy win over a bunch of 2a clowns!!

It's obviouse to me that some of you on here are too young to remember the old 1-3A days with all this bogus 5A talk and being on a different level. /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />