best 32 teams in the state

patriot04

Well " Dad " , the only difference between the " noise " some others make , and your " noise " is that being a Dad , you should be mature enough to not jump in and attack another school that has played with class and heart and has been very successful , whether you want to admit that or not . You don't see myself or any of the other 95% of the Maryville fans trying to attack your school , and belittle their accomplishments . Most MBA fans that I have ever dealt with are very classy guys who are secure enough with MBA's status that they don't feel the need to come down to the level of some very obvious immature kids , maybe you should follow their fine example . Good luck to MBA this year , starting next year Maryville will be playing in 5A , and maybe someday we can earn your respect .

I don't think he is saying Maryville is a bad team. I agree with him. It is hard to claim a team is the best in the state, when, A. They aren't in the highest classification, and B. Don't play the best teams in the higher classification. It is like with Alcoa. Yeah they are a great team, in 2A. They play a 4A team every year, Maryville, and lose, most of the time. So I don't think one can claim they are better than every 5A team simply because they win 2A every year. That would just mean classifications are useless, because apparently student numbers don't matter. So yes, Maryville is a great team, but I have a hard time believing they are better than every 5A team. I guess we will find out next year how they do. Of course, heck, half the teams they will probably be playing next year they already play and beat every year anyways (William Blount, Heritage, South Doyle, and Lenoir City). So yes, Maryville is one of the best in the state, but until they beat someone from 5A, that is good, other than William Blount and Heritage(isn't good btw), I don't see them being THE best.

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think he is saying Maryville is a bad team. I agree with him. It is hard to claim a team is the best in the state, when, A. They aren't in the highest classification, and B. Don't play the best teams in the higher classification. It is like with Alcoa. Yeah they are a great team, in 2A. They play a 4A team every year, Maryville, and lose, most of the time. So I don't think one can claim they are better than every 5A team simply because they win 2A every year. That would just mean classifications are useless, because apparently student numbers don't matter. So yes, Maryville is a great team, but I have a hard time believing they are better than every 5A team. I guess we will find out next year how they do. Of course, heck, half the teams they will probably be playing next year they already play and beat every year anyways (William Blount, Heritage, South Doyle, and Lenoir City). So yes, Maryville is one of the best in the state, but until they beat someone from 5A, that is good, other than William Blount and Heritage(isn't good btw), I don't see them being THE best.

SOrry,i had to get my dog in the fight, you say that alcoa is a good team for 2A but we "play a 4A team every year and lose"

YA , everyone for the last 63 games has "plaqyed a 4A team and lost"

Alcoa has played 2A 3A 4A 5A and even 2 DII teams in the past 5 years and won all of them except maryville

and fulton 1 time (who went to 3A state)

so ya i think we are a pretty good team over all , not "in 2a"

maryville will not win this year> I guarantee it!! The are greatly overrated

I do not believe that "overrated" is the appropriate term. I believe that they are 64 - 0 to present ; it has not pretty every game but they have gotten it done. So your "GUARANTEE" is as good as nothing. If the REBELS get beat this year then they get beat , but it is gonna have to be done. EVEN SO .... it has been a great ride and we will still love our REBELS!!!! When anyone can match what they have done holla @ me!

Well " Dad " , the only difference between the " noise " some others make , and your " noise " is that being a Dad , you should be mature enough to not jump in and attack another school that has played with class and heart and has been very successful , whether you want to admit that or not . You don't see myself or any of the other 95% of the Maryville fans trying to attack your school , and belittle their accomplishments . Most MBA fans that I have ever dealt with are very classy guys who are secure enough with MBA's status that they don't feel the need to come down to the level of some very obvious immature kids , maybe you should follow their fine example . Good luck to MBA this year , starting next year Maryville will be playing in 5A , and maybe someday we can earn your respect .

I didn't attack anyone. I said Maryviile is the best 4A program in the state. What more do you want me to say? You can't ignore 64 straight wins. I just believe that to claim to be the best you have to beat the best, and Maryville hasn't done that. How would Maryville last year have stacked up against Smyrna or MBA? We will never know, but this started because a Maryville fan claimed that because they had won 4 straight 4A titles they were the best team in the state. I just don't think that is all that meaningful. Sorry you think I'm immature.

And for whatever it is worth, I really don't know right now who is the best.

2 years ago alcoa also beat the same mccallie team that beat 5A power riverdale.

maryville will not win this year> I guarantee it!! The are greatly overrated

Pigskin Lover,

You seem quite knowledgeable in matters pertaining to Maryville football. Help me.

Could you be more specific in the ways they're "greatly overrated?" Is it their 1st team defense which has given up less than 7 points per game? Is it their sputtering offense which is averaging over 30 points through the first four games - three of those opponents being probable playoff teams and one being a probable 5 time consecutive state champ? Is it the special teams with a punter who would lead the entire Knox. area if only our offense would stop scoring enough to get him the requisite 7 punts to be considered in the rankings? Or is it our kicking game where we're averaging over 60 yards on kickoffs, perfect on PAT's, and made field goals include a 44 yarder? Perhaps it's our "overrated" coaching staff that has managed only to cobble together the second longest winning streak in the nation, and as of Friday night possess the longest winning streak in Tennessee football history?

Help me pigskin pal. I'm definitely missing something really obvious.

Pigskin Lover,

You seem quite knowledgeable in matters pertaining to Maryville football. Help me.

Could you be more specific in the ways they're "greatly overrated?" Is it their 1st team defense which has given up less than 7 points per game? Is it their sputtering offense which is averaging over 30 points through the first four games - three of those opponents being probable playoff teams and one being a probable 5 time consecutive state champ? Is it the special teams with a punter who would lead the entire Knox. area if only our offense would stop scoring enough to get him the requisite 7 punts to be considered in the rankings? Or is it our kicking game where we're averaging over 60 yards on kickoffs, perfect on PAT's, and made field goals include a 44 yarder? Perhaps it's our "overrated" coaching staff that has managed only to cobble together the second longest winning streak in the nation, and as of Friday night possess the longest winning streak in Tennessee football history?

Help me pigskin pal. I'm definitely missing something really obvious.

yeah, if they are overrated then its like 60 something other teams who are pretty bad because they beat them all. Until they get beat how can you say anything other than they are the best. People say why doesnt Maryville schedule teams like B.A. and MBA but i dont see those schools ringing maryvilles phone off the hook to play either. I think that kind of goes both ways. Maryville football is the standard in the state of tennessee right now.

1. MBA

2. Franklin

3. Henry County

4. Maryville

5. Hillsboro

6. Brentwood

7. Farragut

8. Dobyns-Bennett

9. MUS

10. Ootlewah

11. Brentwood Academy

12. Alcoa

13. Whitehaven

14. McCallie

15. Milan

others recieving votes, Melrose, Chridtian Brothers, Independence, Father Ryan,

Lots of unknown out there right now, quality of wins is still up in the air, Hillsboro has defiitely been tested early, Franklin has played a difficult schedule, MBA has played a tough schedule, Henry county has been impressive, Brentwood is a stable program.