Franklin Rebels VS. Independence Eagles

huskergymnast33

I see itsupanditsgood posted his list of stats, "I see you stats, and I raise you..."

First two games-Hillsboro & McCallie

Franklin Allowed 63 points

Last two games- Ravenwood & McGavock

Franklin Allowed 6 points

We obviously can see both extreme ends of the spectrum, so it just comes down to which stat you wanna stand-by. I have heard/ seen countless FHS supporters stand-behind their unbelievable defense (I would hope any self-respecting team to hold McGavock to minimal points) I would like to explain the perplexing conundrum posted above. FHS shut down RHS because Ravenwood was a "one-dimensional" offense, AKA the raptors dont have enough offensive threats on the field. If you watch the last quarter of the hillsboro game, you begin to see a problem. Hillsboro didnt start slinging the ball down-field until late in the game (it took HHS entirely too long to discover the right plan of attack), and when HHS realized that Franklin had to respect 3 three down-field threats, and Eric Gordon coming out of the backround, they finally solved the equation (a little to late) Hillsboro was able to saturate the field with offensive threats, and therefor they were able to spread Franklin too thin. Because contrary to common belief Franklin's defense isnt the "end-all-be-all" in the state (I dont care about coaches, both teams are well coached we all know that)

IHS has the ability to spread the football field with talented athletes/ proven-play-makers, and we will finally see is Franklin can hold-back-the-flood-gates for more than one quarter. INDY can come out in a 3-receiver set (Boatman, Williams, Standard) with Smith coming hard out of the backfield, Heckman destroyed FHS last year in the playoff (when it counted) as a sophmore. INDY has the abilty to score from any angle on the field at any time, meaning that this game could quickly become a shoot-out.

The only remaining question is..."what FHS defense shows up this Friday? The Defense that allowed 3 points per-game (average) or the defense that allowed 31.5 points per-game (average)?" And Considering that Franklin has never been able to get-it-done on Declaration way, that coupled against a QB who has put the "final nail in the coffin" before and this time he has a better wide receiving corps (as a whole) (and Heckman doesnt need too awful much time to slaughter a defense) I hope Franklin can hold on for 4 whole quarters of Hillsboro's 4th quarter.

I said it once and I'll say it again, BRING YOUR BEST...BECAUSE YOUR BEST DON'T BRING IT TO INDEPENDENCE

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I see itsupanditsgood posted his list of stats, "I see you stats, and I raise you..."

We obviously can see both extreme ends of the spectrum, so it just comes down to which stat you wanna stand-by. I have heard/ seen countless FHS supporters stand-behind their unbelievable defense (I would hope any self-respecting team to hold McGavock to minimal points) I would like to explain the perplexing conundrum posted above. FHS shut down RHS because Ravenwood was a "one-dimensional" offense, AKA the raptors dont have enough offensive threats on the field. If you watch the last quarter of the hillsboro game, you begin to see a problem. Hillsboro didnt start slinging the ball down-field until late in the game (it took HHS entirely too long to discover the right plan of attack), and when HHS realized that Franklin had to respect 3 three down-field threats, and Eric Gordon coming out of the backround, they finally solved the equation (a little to late) Hillsboro was able to saturate the field with offensive threats, and therefor they were able to spread Franklin too thin. Because contrary to common belief Franklin's defense isnt the "end-all-be-all" in the state (I dont care about coaches, both teams are well coached we all know that)

IHS has the ability to spread the football field with talented athletes/ proven-play-makers, and we will finally see is Franklin can hold-back-the-flood-gates for more than one quarter. INDY can come out in a 3-receiver set (Boatman, Williams, Standard) with Smith coming hard out of the backfield, Heckman destroyed FHS last year in the playoff (when it counted) as a sophmore. INDY has the abilty to score from any angle on the field at any time, meaning that this game could quickly become a shoot-out.

The only remaining question is..."what FHS defense shows up this Friday? The Defense that allowed 3 points per-game (average) or the defense that allowed 31.5 points per-game (average)?" And Considering that Franklin has never been able to get-it-done on Declaration way, that coupled against a QB who has put the "final nail in the coffin" before and this time he has a better wide receiving corps (as a whole) (and Heckman doesnt need too awful much time to slaughter a defense) I hope Franklin can hold on for 4 whole quarters of Hillsboro's 4th quarter.

I said it once and I'll say it again, BRING YOUR BEST...BECAUSE YOUR BEST DON'T BRING IT TO INDEPENDENCE

ooooo a streak of 2 wins against the rebels at Independence. Thats an impressive streak if you sit back and think about it. hmmm.....AMAZING!!!

Coming into his thirds season as QB Graham Nichols finally understrands Coach claytons offensive systems and that has been the key for the offensive success thus far. Ever since coach clayton got to Franklin he has yet have a QB fully understand the concepts he has, and finally he has what he wants in Graham and he has worked hard to become a good QB. Franklin has always had offensive weapons but this year time has paid off and the players are understanding it.

The rebels defensive unit is good but definatly not as good as years before. Luckily things have switched and the offense has begun to hold their own. Not saying this unit is bad, its still very good with alot of playmakers.

Due to the rebels offensive improvment and playmakers I give the W to the Rebels!!

The only remaining question is..."what FHS defense shows up this Friday?

Goldeneye- Not a bad argument. Found myself agreeinging with alot of it. I think you are right in that neither McCallie nor Hillsboro figured out until too late that FHS was vulnerable down field. But that was then and now FHS has had two weeks to fix those obvious problems. I think that they were problems in that there was a lack of communication rather than a lack of talent. But I'm sure IHS will test that talent and the two weeks of working on those communications problems will be answered one way or the other.

But you have to admit that "up and its good's" stats look pretty good for the visitors!

I am starting to feel like a bad penny

While some of you critics were "picking-apart" my spelling, maybe some-one should have told "BizzNazz" to acquire a dictionary. Because the very thought that "BigDogDaddy" ever "respected" me throughout the Ravenwood thread is a joke (in every sense of the word)

Respect- to hold in esteem or honor, to show regard or consideration, esteem for or a sense of the worth or excellence of a person, a personal quality or ability, or something considered as a manifestation of a personal quality or ability

"BigDogDaddy" since you have cussed & discussed me, called me vicious & malicious, but if you could please allow me to ask a question with expectations of a "respectable" answer.

I am finding myself slightly confused by a statement you made earlier, concerning coachT's purpose. You explained how CoachT enabled every common fan to be a "monday-morning-QB" every once in awhile (a very respectable opinion) Correct me if I am mistaken (Rebel2009), but I was under the impression that "monday-morning-QBing" typically happened the day after a controversial game. Resurrecting complaints 1-2 years after the matter appears to fall outside the "monday-morning" realm

Oh I almost forgot, "BigDogDaddy" alluded earlier (in the Ravenwood thread) to his dis-taste concerning the "politics" behind the scenes applying to Todd Cambell's UT scholarship. I personally find it overly interesting that you first supplied a "non-answer" (deftly dodging the questions posed by yours truly) only to reply a second time, but this time "BigDogDaddy" seemed to alter his opinions towards the subject, just like a politician.

I am eagerly waiting for "BigDogDaddy"'s respectable answer

Kingz- as you can see from looking on the left side of this post - I have been a member of coacht for quite some time. I am an adult and I try to act like one most of the time. I don't usually lower myself to another's level when they act childish. Yet you mock me by taunting what are and always have been for several years, respectable arguements to good analysis. I'm not sure why you insist on challenging me ....but in the interest of sportsmanship .... as long as you have your dictionary out .... my respectable answer to you is look up the word "buffoon" Then once you know what it is, go see a professional about curing it!

Prediction??? From me???

Franklin Rebels 24

Independence Eagles 35

INDY bounces back to re-claim their spot-atop-the-mountain, and takes their destiny back into their own hands (setting up a dramatic bout with Ravenwood)

dramatic bout with Ravenwood? besides youre stupidity you are quite humorous! the only thing dramatic about it will probably be if Ravenwood can actually score and one of your predictions actually being right for once.

Out of all the games I have to miss, I am gonna miss this one the most (without a doubt). The buzz around this game will be insane, and the crowd will match the hype. Franklin's team has been waiting for this game since last year (Cole Naithan (#40) has been waiting for this game since last year's regular season game). Trust me when I say this..."Franklin will march through the front gates at IHS with only one team on their mind, "The Independence Eagles".

Its time Franklin, go get your pound of flesh

I would like to point out the fact, That I was the first person to recognize/ give-credit to the O-Line of Franklin (Remember that Kingz615, all Bigdoggdaddy ever talked about was the typical combo of "Nichols/Ford/Lee... everyone knows those names)

You say that the reason franklin has beat many teams is bacause of the opponents being one dimensional. My only question is WHERE IS YOUR RINNING GAME? If you look at your stats that I have so conveniently provided, Your leading running back, Bailey, has 17 rushes for 83 yards and no touch down. Your leading rusher is actually your quarterback, Whose rushing stats are skewed by being flushed out of the pocket because of poor O-Line blocking. And you cant tell me you have a great Potent passing game that can spread the ball around. Heckman has spread the ball around to the other teams defenders almost as much as he puts it in the endzone. Point blank, Indy is one demensional which gives franklin the W

I know what you're trying to get at. But listen, Indy (or as the fans say: INDY) just doesn't have the caliber of playmakers around Heckman to make it happen. Hillsboro and McCallie gave Franklin trouble because a.) they have a reliable, two-dimensional attack. and b.) they have alot of depth at those skill positions. Simply put, they are just at another level than Indy (INDY) is. Heckman is a great QB, no question, but he just doesn't have the help he needs. You look at the games these past two seasons: Pettigrew ran the ball effectively, the receivers made some great plays, and the defense stepped up. This year, the running game just isn't getting it done. And no offense to Boatman or Stannard, but they are NOT the caliber of playmakers that Isaac Baugh or Chris Darnell were. The defense has been very inconsistent, as they've lost the majority of their guys from last season. Like I said, Heckman will probably give Franklin alot of problems, but like the CHS game showed us, he can't carry the entire team to a win in a big game like this. Someone needs to step up to keep the Franklin defense honest, and as of now that has yet to happen. I could be wrong, but I don't see that changing against a defense with Franklin's caliber.

We may have lost two dominant receivers, but its all relative, because can anyone deny that Franklin lost two solid members out of their very own secondary. With Anderson and Hampton (both all-region) gone, who has stepped up to the plate to fill their roles, because from what I have seen no one in Franklin's secondary is of the same caliber as those two, and even with those two studs playing on Franklin's side of the ball, Heckman was able to pick-franklin-apart last November. According to my level of reasoning, Heckman is now equipped with a new set of "three" recievers, and Franklin has not been able to establish "one" shut-down corner, Now I am not a betting-man but I would take 3-1 odds anyday. The only possible speed-bump for IHS' passing game is #3, but even his play is shaky at best, one week he looks decent against Hillsboro, and then a few weeks later he gets burned a few times during the McgGavock game (if you go back and review the film you will see that there were numerous blown coverages) Once again it seems, that #3 has the same identity-crisis that Franklin's Defense appears b going through (first 2 games VS last two games) I fully agree that Franklin's Linebacking core is amazing against the Run, and if IHS can keep the front-7 honest, and force FHS to match up on the outside with INDY's passing game. I believe that the Eagles will take to the air, and force Franklin into a shoot-out (so I hope Nichols can keep it perfect)

Dont get me wrong, the Franklin defense has given the illusion of being incredible (but INDY has handled the incredible before), Coach Web must be one heckuva seem-tress, because he has sown & pieced a manageable excuse of a defense. This weekend the "patch-work" starts to fray, the string is going to dissolve, and when Heckman and his crew begin to punish FHS's "curtain" the clothe is going to rupture, and the only thing left standing will be IHS (once again)