2A Top Ten

CPA4Ever

Why are we talking about last year? Let's talk this year. Lewis Co. is for sure a top 5 team in the state this year. We have the ability to throw the ball this year if needed, even though we will just pound it down your throat. CPA has no reason to be in the top 10, that region is weak this year than it has been. It will show in the playoffs this year mark my words. I hope those kittens from CPA make the trek to Panther country so we can send their recruiting kind by to Nashville with an L.

1. Alcoa

2. Milan

3. Lewis Co.

4. Camden

5. Smith Co.

6. CAK

7. Tyner

8. Boyd

9. Westview

10. Goodpasture

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why are we talking about last year? Let's talk this year. Lewis Co. is for sure a top 5 team in the state this year. We have the ability to throw the ball this year if needed, even though we will just pound it down your throat. CPA has no reason to be in the top 10, that region is weak this year than it has been. It will show in the playoffs this year mark my words. I hope those kittens from CPA make the trek to Panther country so we can send their recruiting kind by to Nashville with an L.

1. Alcoa

2. Milan

3. Lewis Co.

4. Camden

5. Smith Co.

6. CAK

7. Tyner

8. Boyd

9. Westview

10. Goodpasture

I like your top 10. The only one I question is Westview. I don't know if they are the 9th best team right now. They have a great program, a great coaching staff, and some talent. I have no doubt they will be there by the end of the year, but right now this week, I think they have a little more growing to do.

We all know it is early in the season, and good teams generally get better as the season goes along. We all think oiur teams are the best. Who do you think was better last year, Milan, Trenton, or GP. Trenton and Milan split, but Trenton won the game that counted. I am a Milan fan, but could not argue, even though I would want to, if you said Trenton is better. GP and Milan did not play, but GP dusted Trenton the next week. Does anyone think Milan would have beaten GP? I don't. That's the point. Comparable scores are not the end all, but they are a better determining factor than just saying there is no way it can happen.

Well said: "Comparable scores are not the end all, but they are a better determining factor than just saying there is no way it can happen."

1. Alcoa

2. Milan

3. Lewis Co.

4. Camden

5. Smith Co.

6. CAK

7. Tyner

8. Boyd

9. Westview

10. Goodpasture

Nice post until the last line. You just couldn't make an intelligent post without ruining it with a "CPA recruits" comment? If we recruit, we aren't very good at it. We have only 42 players dressed, including 14 freshmen. All but about 3 of our starters have been at CPA since grade school. Guess you think we are on the playgrounds sizing up 6 yr. olds? Also, if we recruit, how do you explain the fact that 12 of our 14 freshmens' families all go to church at Christ Pres.? Maybe the church is the real culprit - recruiting families so that their kids will play football.

Your complaint is old and has been worn out long ago. Give it a rest. Maybe you will beat CPA this year in the playoffs. But if you don't, you won't admit you were beat. You will blame recruiting, and use it as an excuse.

And by the way, my Top 10 had Lewis Co. at 5, so I agree with you.

1. Alcoa

2. Milan

3. Lewis Co.

4. Camden

5. Smith Co.

6. CAK

7. Tyner

8. Boyd

9. Westview

10. Goodpasture

Pretty good list but I would have to disagree with a few spots. CAK for one does not belong in the top ten at this time. I believe they have 2 losses and one was to Boyd who you have ranked 2 spots below them. My list below...you could also throw York, CAK, GattPitt, USJ in the mix.

1. Alcoa (2-1) Loss to Maryville

2. Milan (3-0) 2 TD win over Camden

3. Tyner (4-0) Beat 3A powerhouse Fulton

4. Lewis Co. (3-0)

5. Boyd Buchanan (4-0) best start in a number of years

6. Westmoreland (4-0)

7. Camden (2-1) 2 TD loss to 2nd Milan

8. Goodpasture (2-2) 2 losses with a brutal schedule

9. Smith Co. (3-1) tough shutout loss to Trousdale Co.

10. Westview (2-1) Only loss to 4A Henry Co.

Pretty good list but I would have to disagree with a few spots. CAK for one does not belong in the top ten at this time. I believe they have 2 losses and one was to Boyd who you have ranked 2 spots below them. My list below...you could also throw York, CAK, GattPitt, USJ in the mix.

1. Alcoa (2-1) Loss to Maryville

2. Milan (3-0) 2 TD win over Camden

3. Tyner (4-0) Beat 3A powerhouse Fulton

4. Lewis Co. (3-0)

5. Boyd Buchanan (4-0) best start in a number of years

6. Westmoreland (4-0)

7. Camden (2-1) 2 TD loss to 2nd Milan

8. Goodpasture (2-2) 2 losses with a brutal schedule

9. Smith Co. (3-1) tough shutout loss to Trousdale Co.

10. Westview (2-1) Only loss to 4A Henry Co.

Good list, but I'll say York, CPA, or USJ rather than Westmoreland.

I hope those kittens from CPA make the trek to Panther country so we can send their recruiting kind by to Nashville with an L.

Give some proof or shut up. Don't accuse people or a school of something that you obviously have no idea about. As CPA4ever said, if CPA recruits, they sure aren't very good at it. When CPA was winning state titles in the early 2000's, plenty of people accused them of recruiting when about 5 of their players signed with D1 programs. Those accusations were quickly silenced when CPA published the player's kindergarten pictures from the yearbook. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Don't assume just because a school is a private school, that they recruit. You are a narrow-minded fellow if you believe that. If your team gets their behinds kicked, it just mean that you need to work harder to get better, not make excuses. Thats how CPA operates.

Give some proof or shut up. Don't accuse people or a school of something that you obviously have no idea about. As CPA4ever said, if CPA recruits, they sure aren't very good at it. When CPA was winning state titles in the early 2000's, plenty of people accused them of recruiting when about 5 of their players signed with D1 programs. Those accusations were quickly silenced when CPA published the player's kindergarten pictures from the yearbook. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Don't assume just because a school is a private school, that they recruit. You are a narrow-minded fellow if you believe that. If your team gets their behinds kicked, it just mean that you need to work harder to get better, not make excuses. Thats how CPA operates.

Welcome to the life of an Alcoa Tornadoe /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

good luck to CPA this year by the way

1. Alcoa

2. Milan

3. Lewis Co.

4. Camden

5. Smith Co.

6. CAK

7. Tyner

8. Boyd

9. Westview

10. Goodpasture

i dont know alot about middle and west tennessee teams but i do pay alot of attention to the games in east tennessee and cak does not belong on this list and neither does boyd. boyd is four and 0 but hasn't played anyboy yet they beat cak yes but cak lost to a relatively weak loudon by two touchdowns who lost to 1a greenback..... i would put sweetwater around the nine or ten spot but not for a couple more weeks they got some growin up to do after a let down against rockwood but by years end they'll be there. but goodluck to all these teams alcoa is definitely number one and will be for years to come trust me we play em once usually twice a year

Lewis Co. is for sure a top 5 team in the state this year. We have the ability to throw the ball this year if needed, even though we will just pound it down your throat. CPA has no reason to be in the top 10, that region is weak this year than it has been. It will show in the playoffs this year mark my words. I hope those kittens from CPA make the trek to Panther country so we can send their recruiting kind by to Nashville with an L.

I could be wrong about Lewis Co., but I'll have to see it to believe it. CPA always has a few losses every year due to their epic scheduling. Playing tough games will only make them better faster. Likewise, I have a lot of confidence in Goodpasture to get things going by the end of the year. They looked pretty good in the Ravenwood game.

The recruiting comment just shows how seriously your opinion should be taken. /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

I'd like to see Lewis Co.'s record if they played in the weakened region 5.