2A Top Ten

CPA4Ever

#1 seed...region co-champs. You've used the same argument the other way when we were the #1 seed over Goodpasture and Lipscomb. SC won the region 2 out of 4 also. SC also went farther than the MO in the playoffs every year.

We will see how far SC goes this year as a 3rd place team in the region. My guess is their playoffs will come to a screeching halt after the first game.

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We will see how far SC goes this year as a 3rd place team in the region. My guess is their playoffs will come to a screeching halt after the first game.

Your guesses haven't been too good in the past. All 8 teams will be pretty even. We have as good of a chance as anyone. It is still very much up in the air who will be in our quad. By the way...if Boyd wins out...you will be the #2 seed in the quad.

Guest Termite

Are you talking about that 3rd place team that BEAT the 1st place team.....tied them for first in the region, but may lose out because of a stronger schedule?? SC 2 losses came to 2 top 5 teams in the state in their class at the time. WHS loss came by an unranked tem.

Screehing halt?? Sounds like your afraid you might have to see that 3rd place team again. /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

If this Lewis Co. team is like all the others it is substantially overated in my opinion. So yes, I dont think they would stand a chance against Tyner. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

LCP, don't worry about all of this stuff. Mr. Postman and everyone else has every right to call us overrated, because every year for several years we are supposed to be major challengers and every year we exit early. We don't need to get into all these discussions. We just need to worry about one game at a time. These polls mean absolutely NOTHING!!! All that matters is what happens every Friday night from now until the first weekend in December. Lets just concentrate on us and we will be fine.

L Panther fan, don't get caught up in what someone who knows nothing about LC football thinks about our history. The fact is unlike most other rual schools we compete every year. Some years we have the players to make a run and some years we don't. The difference between us and some of those others is that during our down yrs. (which other schools call rebuilding) we still compete and win more than we lose. We have finished 1st or 2nd in our district or region 17 of the last 18 years. Those are the teams that we are told to play by the TSSAA not the ones that some of these clowns deem as weak scheduled opponents. I do believe that this is one of those teams that can make a serious run.

L Panther fan, don't get caught up in what someone who knows nothing about LC football thinks about our history. The fact is unlike most other rual schools we compete every year. Some years we have the players to make a run and some years we don't. The difference between us and some of those others is that during our down yrs. (which other schools call rebuilding) we still compete and win more than we lose. We have finished 1st or 2nd in our district or region 17 of the last 18 years. Those are the teams that we are told to play by the TSSAA not the ones that some of these clowns deem as weak scheduled opponents. I do believe that this is one of those teams that can make a serious run.

I know alot about our history, and I agree with you, we do stand out from most rural schools in that we compete year in and year out. I was just saying that the early exit part of that guys argument was right. We have not been able to get over that hump in years past when we should have been able too. But I agree with you completely that this is the team that can do it, and I think will do it.

Those are the teams that we are told to play by the TSSAA not the ones that some of these clowns deem as weak scheduled opponents.

You play a very weak out of region schedule - always have. That is one of the main reasons your playoff runs are cut short. Look at what Camden has done is recent years with out of region games. Westview, Milan, Jackson Northside. Ask some of their fans if it has improved thier team. I know you have some local rivals that a single A and I can understand wanting to continue those traditions, but at least step out of the area once in a while and play someone that isn't a gauranteed W. A perfect regular season is great if you want to be at the house in mid November but you guys want to go to the Boro' just like everyone else.

1. Alcoa

2. Milan

3. Boyd-B.

4. Goodpasture

5. Camden Central

6. Lewis Co.

7. USJ

8. Westmoreland

9. York

10. Tyner

After that- Smith Co., G. Pitt., Hickman Co., Stewart Co.

Good list.

Here is mine:

1. Alcoa

2. Boyd-B

3. Tyner

4. Milan

5. Goodpasture

6. USJ

7. Lewis County

8. Westmoreland

9. Camden

10. G. Pitt

You play a very weak out of region schedule - always have. That is one of the main reasons your playoff runs are cut short. Look at what Camden has done is recent years with out of region games. Westview, Milan, Jackson Northside. Ask some of their fans if it has improved thier team. I know you have some local rivals that a single A and I can understand wanting to continue those traditions, but at least step out of the area once in a while and play someone that isn't a gauranteed W. A perfect regular season is great if you want to be at the house in mid November but you guys want to go to the Boro' just like everyone else.

Just because we didn't play the best teams in 2A doesn't mean we didn't want to. I know for a fact that our coaches tried to schedule the best 2A competition possible but for reasons such as scheduling conflicts, travel, etc, it never got done. It is much easier for Camden to play you guys, Westview, Northside - because of the proximity to those teams. We are kind of in the middle of nowhere and noone wants to come play here so its hard to get a home and home. I am a firm believer that great competition week in and week out makes you better, but I also believe that if you have a good team, you have a good team - no matter who you've played. It will all play out soon enough and either you'll be right or I'll be right. At least we don't have something like the BCS where all we would have would be speculation.

Just because we didn't play the best teams in 2A doesn't mean we didn't want to. I know for a fact that our coaches tried to schedule the best 2A competition possible but for reasons such as scheduling conflicts, travel, etc, it never got done. It is much easier for Camden to play you guys, Westview, Northside - because of the proximity to those teams. We are kind of in the middle of nowhere and noone wants to come play here so its hard to get a home and home. I am a firm believer that great competition week in and week out makes you better, but I also believe that if you have a good team, you have a good team - no matter who you've played. It will all play out soon enough and either you'll be right or I'll be right. At least we don't have something like the BCS where all we would have would be speculation.

Your coach needs to get in touch with Westmorelands Coach.

In the past 15 years we have played a couple of teams that we probably should not have played. It??™s not as easy to get a full schedule as one might think here in Lewis County. Overall our schedule is not as weak as some might think. Most of the weak teams that we have play were within our Region and we have no choice in that. Here's a list of our out of reg. opponents from the past 15 years.

At the time

HICKMAN CO. 4A

LAWRENCE CO. 4A

GILES CO 3A

GREENBRIER 3A

EZELL-HARDING 2A

MIDDLETON 2A should not have played, alterative was only 9 games that year

PARSONS 2A

WAVERLY 2A

WESTMORLAND 2A Proven solid program

MOORE CO 1A

MT. PLEASANT 1A