Lincoln County at Franklin County

jabbo

I agree with you in that we were very flat especially on offense, we had several recievers open and overthrew the ball badly, but, then, made several good throws, right on the money, need to get better on that part for sure. I'm sure that F.C. will disagree with me but, I think they are a better team with the other kid at Qb., and maybe Shedd AND Martin in the backfield at the same time. Shedd is a good athlete, but is way too careless with the ball, but probably needs to be in there somewhere. Wondered why F.C. didn't pull their starters when we went to second and third teamers, which is who they scored their last td. on, was mainly the jr. varsity, sophmores. Had we left our starters in there, probably could have scored two more tds, but instead let the younger kids play, but anyway, a wins a win.

Good luck to F.C. the rest of the year!

I am not sure what is going over in Winchester. Martin is supposed to be a D1 player and Shedd had over 1,000 yds passing last yr and he splited time at qb with Dudley. One game , Shedd had over 300 yds in the air. A lot of that was on several hail mary's ...but 300 yds is 300 yds. They should have a couple of good receivers.

uge win for the Falcons going on the road. Coach Thompson is a favorite of mine.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was kinda a strange game. On the one hand props to the Falcons for taking advantage of turnovers, hanging on to the ball and minimizing the penalties, but we did seem flat on offense. The Rebels had speed and good execution on offense - other than the turnovers it was hard from my vantage point to see just how the Falcons were stopping them.

And Falconstatman, I also noticed how well that other quarterback stepped in for the Rebels - he may not be the athlete Shedd is but he's definitely a leader.

I also had the pleasure of meeting the FC coach - good luck to you and your Rebels!

I am not sure what is going over in Winchester. Martin is supposed to be a D1 player and Shedd had over 1,000 yds passing last yr and he splited time at qb with Dudley. One game , Shedd had over 300 yds in the air. A lot of that was on several hail mary's ...but 300 yds is 300 yds. They should have a couple of good receivers.

uge win for the Falcons going on the road. Coach Thompson is a favorite of mine.

I think part of it is mental. Shedd is a very good athlete and if he had a different attitude might be a D1 player. When things get tough he doesn't come thru. Andrew steped in after coach sent Shedd to the bench and did a good job. I agree with Falconstat Shedd may have the best arm but he is not the leader we need in FC. We don't have the hands we had last year or the year before. The best receiver didn't play last night because he broke his foot.

I didn't think Lincoln Co was all that good this year but they were good enough to beat us so thats all that counts. The line still needs some work and I think Chandler Green got hurt. The Rebs need a win this week and I hope we get it

Maybe you boys are being just a little too hard on the QB. He only fumbled the ball three or four times in the game and threw a couple of picks. Maybe he just had a bad night? huh /tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

Well the fish are a bittin and I am headed back to the lake after a couple of refreshing sodas and I get me some more bait. I saw them motorcyles ride across the bridge today, guess there was close to a hundred of them on the Trail of Tears ride. Good luck to yall.

Maybe you boys are being just a little too hard on the QB. He only fumbled the ball three or four times in the game and threw a couple of picks. Maybe he just had a bad night? huh /tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

Well the fish are a bittin and I am headed back to the lake after a couple of refreshing sodas and I get me some more bait. I saw them motorcyles ride across the bridge today, guess there was close to a hundred of them on the Trail of Tears ride. Good luck to yall.

I think there is waaaaay more to that QB situation than any of us will know. I thought A Shields did emerge as a leader and sometimes leaders are born when the dire situation either makes or breaks an individual. Shedd could have a bad night, still a talented athlete just needs to channel it in the right direction. Coach has got some work to do and some of it will be getting those guys to play as a team. Those boys have been through quite a few changes since they were Freshman (Mantooth, HC), Sophmore and Junior (Britton, HC) and Senior (Atkins, HC). One can see why the trust and team factor is a little weak. That will be harder to learn than the Spread Offense. Atkins is a smart guy-any coach coming to FC had to know this was the elephant in the living room. I will bet Atkins is already addressing the issue. I believe in the Rebels. See you guys in Shelbyville next week.

So now the QB is the scapegoat? Three weeks ago he was the saviour.

I don't think that anyone is trying to make the qb. the scapegoat at all, the fact is this kid has a ton of talent, if he can just keep his head, and let the talking, and other stuff that is hurting him and his team, go. F.C. is still right there in the playoff hunt, they have already beat Warren Co. and still have a Coffee Co. team that is appearently down a little this year as well as Cumberland Co. and Cookeville to go, if they win just 2 of those games they will probably finish at least 3rd. F.C. has some good looking athletes on that team, and some pretty good team speed too, if they get it together by the end of the season they will be a team that will be hard to beat.

look fc played a good game and lc did too. Lc just had a better night than fc did other than that both teams were pretty well matched i thought. Monday night when the fc jv goes to the pit is going to be a good look at wat the rebels will look like for next year. even though its a monday i encourage all real fans to come out and watch this interesting contest