CAK Vs. Wartburg

Sorry to tell you, cak 35 Warts 2 a punt will go over the head of the punter for a safety. warts not any good but cak wouldnt want none either of sunbright GEAUX TIGERS

I love rivalries! Its fun when you can get on your rivals thread, even when you aren't playing each other that week, and take jabs at them, within reason of course. When Wartburg plays (scrimmages) Sunbright I'm not sure whether the game on the field or the fans in the stands would be more entertaining to watch. Sounds like ya'll have a deep admiration for each other, ha. Be careful what you ask for though, with realignment next year CAK may need to schedule a couple of games with the Tigers. We'd love to have you down to K-town, but I'm sure we would demand you come to CAK 2 years in a row rather than us come to Sunbright,...sorry, thats another thread. You would also need to bring your own refs, ours are bought and paid for, oops, thats another thread too. But one things for sure, you would be able to get a good burger! Good luck to the Tigers and maybe we will see ya'll in the future. Go Warriors.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love rivalries! Its fun when you can get on your rivals thread, even when you aren't playing each other that week, and take jabs at them, within reason of course. When Wartburg plays (scrimmages) Sunbright I'm not sure whether the game on the field or the fans in the stands would be more entertaining to watch. Sounds like ya'll have a deep admiration for each other, ha. Be careful what you ask for though, with realignment next year CAK may need to schedule a couple of games with the Tigers. We'd love to have you down to K-town, but I'm sure we would demand you come to CAK 2 years in a row rather than us come to Sunbright,...sorry, thats another thread. You would also need to bring your own refs, ours are bought and paid for, oops, thats another thread too. But one things for sure, you would be able to get a good burger! Good luck to the Tigers and maybe we will see ya'll in the future. Go Warriors.

Nice Post! Take that hoghauler, uh......I mean footballer!

Good post FBD. Hope to see a good crowd tonight. I'll be first in line for the hamburgers. Talked to the BYB guy at the MS game last night. Burgers only, no chicken this week. No worries, I'll eat two!

MS was impressive last night again. They took it to a good Rockwood team 35 to 0 before pulling the starters. CAK was dominant on offense and defense.

Hey Wartburg fans, are you expecting a good number to make the trip tonight?

Good post FBD. Hope to see a good crowd tonight. I'll be first in line for the hamburgers. Talked to the BYB guy at the MS game last night. Burgers only, no chicken this week. No worries, I'll eat two!

MS was impressive last night again. They took it to a good Rockwood team 35 to 0 before pulling the starters. CAK was dominant on offense and defense.

Hey Wartburg fans, are you expecting a good number to make the trip tonight?

Thanks for the MS update, we intended on staying to watch after practice, but studies and sprained knees forced an early exit. Nice to hear the "feeder program" is doing well! I saw the game against Robertsville and noticed some players that should be nice additions to the high school team next year. Was looking forward to a nice burger tonight but the wifey had other plans. I'll see you at the game.

Good game. I will say that there is no question that Wartburg is a different team than the last couple of years. Don't let the score of this game mislead you. They have a good team and have made big time improvement. They appeared to me to be fundamentally very solid and extremely well coached. If they can hang on to this coach it will pay off over the next year or two.

They were a different team with #10 and #2 in the game at the same time. When 10 went out early, he was never the same when he came back. #2 has great speed and really surprised me on that early option pitch!

I think Wartburg may surprise some teams before the year is over if they can keep their attitude and work ethic up. Good luck the rest of the season!

Another cheap shot at someone you beat. Guys you just have to get over it.

I also want to thank you all for the ankle-twisting episode(that your players confessed to) because of that our QB was only able to play about 75% this week in a very important Region game. We couldn't run as effective thanks to that. Guys, you should be real proud of that and what it cost our team and the young man.

I also want to thank you all for the ankle-twisting episode(that your players confessed to) because of that our QB was only able to play about 75% this week in a very important Region game. We couldn't run as effective thanks to that. Guys, you should be real proud of that and what it cost our team and the young man.

Did you guys win the game?

YAAAWWNN!!!!!!!!!! It's Bulldog again. Uh, your fellow fans gave it away already Bulldog. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> It was the Refs again! You should have thrown that out before they tipped your hand. I was surprised the Refs blew it because I had it from a very reliable source that the Mid Tn refs were so much better than the East TN refs on leave from the Retirement Home. But at the end of the day the Mid TN refs cost you a game just like the Refs using walkers here in East TN. Oh, wait. You used that "walker" reference for the East TN refs and the Mid TN refs. You know, it's always someone elses fault! You know I wasn't at that game so I'll take the word of your fellow fans. It is truely amazing the unfair treatment Page gets from the refs in the games they lose. Phantom blocks, delayed flags, bad spots, bad calls. It all adds up. You've got enough conflict within your own thread, but feel free to stay in touch here. /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

Bulldog:

Glad we're still "getting under your skin" as you like to post so often. It appears any shot is a cheap shot to you. The name of your school wasn't even mentioned in my comments read. Looking forward to the next chapter of your "creative excuse" book.

Good game. I will say that there is no question that Wartburg is a different team than the last couple of years. Don't let the score of this game mislead you. They have a good team and have made big time improvement. They appeared to me to be fundamentally very solid and extremely well coached. If they can hang on to this coach it will pay off over the next year or two.

They were a different team with #10 and #2 in the game at the same time. When 10 went out early, he was never the same when he came back. #2 has great speed and really surprised me on that early option pitch!

I think Wartburg may surprise some teams before the year is over if they can keep their attitude and work ethic up. Good luck the rest of the season!

To be honest Gvols, I was a little surprised when I heard the score; I thought the score might be a little closer. But from what you say, the game was better than the score would imply. You're a class act with your well wishes and I know Wartburg folks appreciate it, it's just too bad that the dogs have mighty Alcoa this week just about the time the Tornadoes are hitting their stride.......sigh! But anyway, good luck to CAK the rest of the way.

To be honest Gvols, I was a little surprised when I heard the score; I thought the score might be a little closer. But from what you say, the game was better than the score would imply. You're a class act with your well wishes and I know Wartburg folks appreciate it, it's just too bad that the dogs have mighty Alcoa this week just about the time the Tornadoes are hitting their stride.......sigh! But anyway, good luck to CAK the rest of the way.

SCW86:

"Gvols" truly is a class act who genuinely loves football. He follows many different schools at different levels and he doesn't have a kid or relative playing for anyone, so you can value his compliments. Keep supporting the WC, good things will eventually come your way. Great story in the News Sentinel on the kid who suffered the burns but has already returned to the team. Good luck with Alcoa.

The score at halftime was 16-0. Not a bad score considering that the Dogs were playing with 3 QB's in the first half. The guys fell off the table when they ran out of gas. Depth was a real issue. CAK has their whole team come to the hash during the coin toss. They stretched from 30 to 30 or so. I guess they dressed over 60 kids. We dressed around 30 or so. Depth in the 2nd half became an issue. Kids played hard and represented well. Just came up short. They are facing the Giants this week.