Maplewood vs. Hillsboro

BurroDad

We won the game 28-12!!! all our star players scored corey jorden, eric gorden, Alex Crutcher, QB Greg Young (of course) he got 2 TD's!!! eric gorden was the first one (it was an 72 yard TD /ohmy.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":o" border="0" alt="ohmy.gif" />) and Corey Jorden was the second. Alex Crutcher scored 1 rushing TD (i think it was a 64 yard run TD) and Eric Gorden picked one off and went ALL THE WAY!!!!

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's amazing how much better the Burros play when they DON'T turn the ball over! Also, it was great to see Alex Crutcher back at RB tearing it up.....and Corey Jordan at WR. HHS's receiving corps is very talented and very deep. Greg Young spread the ball around very well tonight and prevented Maplewood from focusing on any specific players.

HHS's defense is coming along very well, but still need to shore some things up. Maplewood converted a 4th and 8 in the 4th quarter on a broken play...no excuses for that when there were 3 defenders around the receiver who made the catch....Maplewood took advantage of the conversion and went on to score their second touchdown of the night.

Maplewood, we'll likely see ya'll again this year in the quarterfinals. HHS needs to stay focused and keep improving over the last half of the season in preparation for the playoffs! Go Burros!

It's amazing how much better the Burros play when they DON'T turn the ball over! Also, it was great to see Alex Crutcher back at RB tearing it up.....and Corey Jordan at WR. HHS's receiving corps is very talented and very deep. Greg Young spread the ball around very well tonight and prevented Maplewood from focusing on any specific players.

HHS's defense is coming along very well, but still need to shore some things up. Maplewood converted a 4th and 8 in the 4th quarter on a broken play...no excuses for that when there were 3 defenders around the receiver who made the catch....Maplewood took advantage of the conversion and went on to score their second touchdown of the night.

Maplewood, we'll likely see ya'll again this year in the quarterfinals. HHS needs to stay focused and keep improving over the last half of the season in preparation for the playoffs! Go Burros!

Good Game . Gongrats donkey rats ..I mean Hillsboro ... Maplewood made to many mistakes ..poor tackling ..and bad play calling ..you can run the same plays so many times before a team picks up on it ... pass the ball more .. more playaction would have set a different tone for the game, its like they are afraid to throw the ball down field i saw 1 on 1 coverage all night maplewood has to much speed out there to not take a shot down field #4 was getting the jump on #24 davis for hillsboro almost every time he lined up on him , parks was covered well but still able to make plays ..use him as a decoy just like hillsboro done with gordon to setup # 6 and # 5 for easy 1st downs ..it was bad .. this would have been a good week to implement some plays for the TE ..he would have had a field day once again .. they went to him 1 time ..and he was open the qb just over threw the ball ...time and time again ..Hillsboro D is not ready for a good TE they rush the edges every time ..leaving the TE open everytime they are not even aware that he is out there!! ..and they have done this for years why no one sees this is beyond me ..TE Play is a must and thats for any team that plays Hillsboro ..get your TE involved and you will move the ball ..... i hate to say this but the maplewood playcalling needs a tune up!! other than that good game ..and the QB needs to stop staring down the WR ...they knew who you were going to throw to ..and so did everyone else ... get it together guys ...we will see you guys again ..different game ...funny how ..people out with "seroius injury" show up at this game ...we knew all along what you guys were up to ... we will be back!

nice turn out Henry County!!!! hope you guys made it to class this morning ...lol ..glad to see u could make it to Nashville ... for the show ..it only gets better from here!! .....see u in a few months!!

Maplewood's defense was on the field entirely too long. If they don't get an offense going soon this won't be their only region loss. Stratford is much more dynamic on offense than Maplewood right now (then again they are also much worse defensively). Don't sleep on Whites Creek either. They have already beaten the likes of Tullahoma and Pearl Cohn this season.

Ooltewah will be a tough test for the Panthers. Good Luck Maplewood!!!!

Hillsboro will now go on to win the Region 5-4A title (unless they get tripped up by Whites Creek & Maplewood wins out). In that case Maplewood would win the region in a 3-WAY scenario. Overall record would be the deciding factor.

Maplewood's defense was on the field entirely too long. If they don't get an offense going soon this won't be their only region loss. Stratford is much more dynamic on offense than Maplewood right now (then again they are also much worse defensively). Don't sleep on Whites Creek either. They have already beaten the likes of Tullahoma and Pearl Cohn this season.

Ooltewah will be a tough test for the Panthers. Good Luck Maplewood!!!!

Hillsboro will now go on to win the Region 5-4A title (unless they get tripped up by Whites Creek & Maplewood wins out). In that case Maplewood would win the region in a 3-WAY scenario. Overall record would be the deciding factor.

bring them on!!! ..what else could go wrong at this point?

Boski- The tightends aren't being touched? I saw the defensive ends jamming them all night. You can be sure that the tightend is being watched after MBA using their TE all the time.

I can tell you why Hillsboro won in one word- Conditioned. Hillsboro was just in better shape. Maplewood might have a great line, offensively and defensively, but it doesn't matter if you're out on the bench getting a breather.

Can't wait until we see the likely rematch later on in November.

Boski- The tightends aren't being touched? I saw the defensive ends jamming them all night. You can be sure that the tightend is being watched after MBA using their TE all the time.

I can tell you why Hillsboro won in one word- Conditioned. Hillsboro was just in better shape. Maplewood might have a great line, offensively and defensively, but it doesn't matter if you're out on the bench getting a breather.

Can't wait until we see the likely rematch later on in November.

Well said, patcard18. Hillsboro makes it a point to be better conditioned at every position than the teams they face.....which is a great advantage because as you saw HHS isn't very big up front on either side. Speed, speed and speed is an advantage that HHS holds at most every position. Although, I must say that the turnover battle also strongly helped Hillsboro's cause: 0 turnovers rather than 8 like they had in the quarterfinal loss last year.

Also, as an aside, Maplewood would be very dangerous if they had a better passing game to complement that great running game....plenty of big, strong, fast athletes over at Maplewood.

Good Game . Gongrats donkey rats ..I mean Hillsboro ... Maplewood made to many mistakes ..poor tackling ..and bad play calling ..you can run the same plays so many times before a team picks up on it ... pass the ball more .. more playaction would have set a different tone for the game, its like they are afraid to throw the ball down field i saw 1 on 1 coverage all night maplewood has to much speed out there to not take a shot down field #4 was getting the jump on #24 davis for hillsboro almost every time he lined up on him , parks was covered well but still able to make plays ..use him as a decoy just like hillsboro done with gordon to setup # 6 and # 5 for easy 1st downs ..it was bad .. this would have been a good week to implement some plays for the TE ..he would have had a field day once again .. they went to him 1 time ..and he was open the qb just over threw the ball ...time and time again ..Hillsboro D is not ready for a good TE they rush the edges every time ..leaving the TE open everytime they are not even aware that he is out there!! ..and they have done this for years why no one sees this is beyond me ..TE Play is a must and thats for any team that plays Hillsboro ..get your TE involved and you will move the ball ..... i hate to say this but the maplewood playcalling needs a tune up!! other than that good game ..and the QB needs to stop staring down the WR ...they knew who you were going to throw to ..and so did everyone else ... get it together guys ...we will see you guys again ..different game ...funny how ..people out with "seroius injury" show up at this game ...we knew all along what you guys were up to ... we will be back!

nice turn out Henry County!!!! hope you guys made it to class this morning ...lol ..glad to see u could make it to Nashville ... for the show ..it only gets better from here!! .....see u in a few months!!

How many turned out from henry county. I heard 2 coaches and our 2 best players were goin. Were there more? And our students were out of school today. Parent/teacher conference or somethin.

no my friend you will be back in a couple of weeks talking about how hillsboro will try to beat maplewood after a lose thursday.

and you right i will be back ..thats what i do ..no matter what happens im always a fan its in my blood!!

you talking like i have admitted that the panthers will lose

where in my post do you see me saying anything about maplewood losing to the donkey rat nation? we win this one, no if and buts about it!!

"We need more shamelessly biased fans on this board. " well u only have to look in the mirror to find another one .. my friend u can throw last year out the window! you looking at different team!

Boski OG/NG 60

c/o 95!!

Panther Pride!!!

BoSki, I'll bet I know some guys who played with you at Maplewood; Phellepe Hall, Anthony Hardy, Nathaniel Claybrooks-----------------