Blackman at Smyrna

BandDawg

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Changing the subject, but what is the deal with lineman that Smyrna was so proud of? The one in the paper, he was wearing #69. He got pushed around all night. Maybe he had a bad game, I don't know.

I learned a lot tonight at the game. Blackman is showing signs of improvement. I know that sounds hard to believe considering they didn't score, but they could have easily dominated Smyrna if they hadn't killed themselves with penalties.

Let me add this also. To anyone that thinks Blackman would be better if the assistant principal was the coach, beware. I think that the housing market in the Blackman Community would suffer if he were to be named coach. Parents with student athletes would move in order to keep him from being an influence on their kids.

Changing the subject, but what is the deal with lineman that Smyrna was so proud of? The one in the paper, he was wearing #69. He got pushed around all night. Maybe he had a bad game, I don't know.

I learned a lot tonight at the game. Blackman is showing signs of improvement. I know that sounds hard to believe considering they didn't score, but they could have easily dominated Smyrna if they hadn't killed themselves with penalties.

Let me add this also. To anyone that thinks Blackman would be better if the assistant principal was the coach, beware. I think that the housing market in the Blackman Community would suffer if he were to be named coach. Parents with student athletes would move in order to keep him from being an influence on their kids.

Agreed. His current involvement is more than enough!!!

Boy, what would this team do though if they could come up with a crumbful of offensive production. They play so hard, not always smart and disciplined, but they play hard.

I just know that coaching is not as easy it may look from our veiw of it. I have, for sure, question coaches and their decisions, like all of us but I respect what they do and know that the good coachs have their kids best interests in mind. I am in no way saying you too do not share this same respect for coaches I realy don't know you and would not pass that judgement but many fan just don't understand what they go thru or how they come to some of the decisions they make.

Man I can remember so many times my Dad coming home. Mom and us already had eaten super. Then my father would come home after practice and a debrief with his staff, heat up his dinner and run thru his day. Thinking (outloud) of things that could be done better. Things to do tomorrow and ways to put the kids in the right spots to win. Then after dinner, it was right the den. Watching film on the next weeks opponent. (This was in the last 70's so it was real film on the roles) My brothers and I would be in there at his desk or on his lap and he would think outloud with us, like we were on his staff. Telling us watch this #88's route or boy, they have great back side pursuit. We didn't know what that meet back then but it was the only time we had with him and if we were playing around, it was 10 pushups and 10 situps and out of the room.

Sorry this just got me thinking of my Dad.

Very cool post coacht

I really feel for the Blaze seniors. Keep your heads up guys.

Mos def!

My turn /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

Great effort by the players, same effort by the staff.

Total - 3 and outs by both teams 10, total points scored by the winning team 10.

Blackman O'fence average points per game falls to 5.6

These teams look like mirror images of each other, strange /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

Your QB's can not throw on the roll, not in practice and not in the game, why why why do it?(nucklehead)

#10 did showed some.

Great plays by the D.

Careerbuilder.com /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

If you always do what you always done, you will always get what you always got /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

I'm assuming it's because he plays so much D. If it's not that, what else could it be?

I know Bowers is a great defensive player but if this is the reason then stop playing him on defense at least all the time and let him play 80 - 90 % of the time on offense. I realize this would hurt the defense some but maybe we still have a good enough defense without him to be competetive. You have to score points to win. You can't win games scoring 0 points. The offense has been bad all year. Has not improved all year and may be getting worse. You have to try something different. The season is almost lost and it started out so promising but lets face it, we beat a below average Lavergne team 5-3 (No touchdowns by offense and 2 points scored by defense) and Lincoln County 21-13. I believe we scored a defensive touchdown in that game. I bet if we played Lincoln County this week we would lose to them now because most teams improve as the year goes on but Blackman is not. The defense is playing very hard and the offense is trying hard but something has to be done to improve the offense. At least try something different. The same thing week after week is not working and how long does it take someone to realize that.

That cannot be correct. I am not sure where the DNJ gets the stats from, I have seen that in several box scores the past few weeks. Does someone call them in or something?

The two teams combined for 10 - 3 and outs, not sure about first downs but it wasn't many /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

I would be interested in how many times each actually crossed /motorbike.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":motorbike:" border="0" alt="motorbike.gif" /> mid-field /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

Silly, you were expecting accuracy in a newspaper /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />