Riverdale vs Siegel

BlueRaiderfan

That would have been 1999, Glencliff.

http://www.tssaa.org/schdir/records/GetTheRecord.cfm

Yes, Hillsboro is winning but they are NOT running the 'WING T' anymore also!

Add to this the fact that this is the first year there is NO Rankin trained players on the varsity team. And it shows! Every player on R'dales team is solely the product of Coach A. The kids HAVE the talent and the ability. They just need someone who will motivate them to go to the next level again.

When my son played at R'dale football was a 24/7 thing 365 days a year. Even during the dead period the kids who wanted to play KNEW what they should be doing. It was NOT sitting on their tails and playing Ninetendo either.

And yes if they messed up they were punished for it as a TEAM. They ALL had to run until they did NOT make mistakes. That is why they were a machine when they came on the field! Was a pretty successful one to!

Now tell me the year ANY 5A teams from Metro Nashville made it to the big dance?

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Coach Rankin left because he wanted to leave. If he was still at Riverdale im sure Riverdale would still be winning the majority of their football games. People do move onto other things just for change. Coach Rankin has also won games wherever he has coached at period so I dont know where you are getting this crap that he left Riverdale because he could not win ball games because that is total BS! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Coach Rankin himself told me. There is big difference in winning 6-7 games as opposed to being region champ and in the playoffs deep every year. He wants to be top dog every year and nothing else. Riverdale is going through want most all schools go through, the cycle of good and great talent.

Coach Rankin left because he wanted to leave. If he was still at Riverdale im sure Riverdale would still be winning the majority of their football games. People do move onto other things just for change. Coach Rankin has also won games wherever he has coached at period so I dont know where you are getting this crap that he left Riverdale because he could not win ball games because that is total BS! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Once again a very correct statement. Rankin knows how to prepare a team.

BUT........Rankin in all his glory and his CREAM....never won back to back championships. Before you bring up Alcoa, look and you will see that Alcoa has had back to back gold balls BEFORE Rankin came.

Whoever posted that Rankin said winning 6 or 7 games was not like winning the region, etc....that is EXACTLY right. Rankin's ego would NEVER have stuck around and tried to coach these kids who LOST as Jr High players and LOST as freshmen. You have a LOT more teaching to do in those circumstances and with many of your assts leaving for head jobs, a lot of it would fall back on Rankin.

And just b/c you COACHED under Rankin doesn't guarantee a gold ball when you get your own gig. Look at Britton at FC and look at Sharsh at Spring Hill......

I get your meaning about the Rolex watch thing but maybe you should have used a little cheaper brand for instance the Timex you know the one TAKES A LICKIN AND KEEPS ON TICKIN and as for football raising MEN the last i heard that was a parents job and as to the coment about the precious thing football is not the presious thing its the love he has for the sport and its my word not his.Franklyi would have used the example of ballet ever seen "THE NUTCRACKER" every motion in sequence if one missteps it could ruin the whole show but you have the whoe team to cover their mistakes because they are a team, but i want use that example , it wouldnt be MANLY would it?IF you tear apart that rolex example of yours i think you will find only a lot of wheels,screw, and such but you willnever find a heart.theone thing thats essential

in this game of High school football. thats my opinion and im sticking to it.

'

As a matter of fact I have seen the Nutcracker performed. Esquistly so by the Bolsoi Ballet troop in Paris in the late 60's. EVERY member of the troop was a suburb athelete, and they did NOT make mistakes because they practiced HARD to achieve that perfection. One of the male dancers would have made a GREAT WR as he was tall, strong, and had great hands which could have caught anything!

As to the differences between the Rolex and the Timex, most have NO idea even how to correctly get the back off a Rolex to monkey with it. /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

Anybody can get the back off a Timex as is shown daily at Wal Mart by the girls changing batteries in them. Yes I know the difference in them as I have owned Timex's and still have a Rolex that I was issued in the Military from 1972 that is still working as good as it did when I first got it.

I do agree that it is the parents job to rear children, but many are lacking it today or come from one parent homes and it falls on coaches to provide the male role model that should be immulated.

Thing is with football folks MUST pay attention to the details. At R'dale it WAS that way starting with the Freshman team thru graduation. The fall that R'dales Freshman team has gone thru this last three years is a prime example of it! It used to be they did NOT lose games. Now they look like they are just going thru the motions.

who ever said that all coaches coach the same!!!!!!!!!!! no one coach is going to coach like rankins just because of that you saying that he isn't coaching good come on now are you telling me that them kids out there didn't play last friday night to win that ball game ???????? that is a joke !!!!!!!!!!!!! they just got out played ......... and you want to blame a coach for you all losing a ballgame is wrong.........

Everyone seems to be forgetting one little thing....you are actually playing with players that are zoned to you. Gone are the days of folk moving in from out of state to play for Riverdale. Gone are days that the players of the calibur of Wilks and Gray "choose" to play for Riverdale over their ZONED school .......and along with gone....so is Rankin. Yes, he is winning where he is but that school was winning before he came and will continue to do so after he leaves. It is a powerhouse. He won while in Smith County in the regular season, but never made it past first round or so in the playoffs. Is he a good coach? Yes, but one who surrounds himself with EXCELLENT hard-working assistant coaches and the CREAM of everyone else's crop of players! The big buck boosters gave him everything he wanted and he let them "do their thing." Those days are over too.......when the going got tough, Rankin got going........when his "selection" of transfers was drying up......he got going.....and when his buddy, Shad saw the same thing coming.....he got going too.

BUT........Rankin in all his glory and his CREAM....never won back to back championships. Before you bring up Alcoa, look and you will see that Alcoa has had back to back gold balls BEFORE Rankin came.

Whoever posted that Rankin said winning 6 or 7 games was not like winning the region, etc....that is EXACTLY right. Rankin's ego would NEVER have stuck around and tried to coach these kids who LOST as Jr High players and LOST as freshmen. You have a LOT more teaching to do in those circumstances and with many of your assts leaving for head jobs, a lot of it would fall back on Rankin.

And just b/c you COACHED under Rankin doesn't guarantee a gold ball when you get your own gig. Look at Britton at FC and look at Sharsh at Spring Hill......

I agree with you 100%. My post is in response to the poster who referred to Rankin preparing Riverdale as great and being critical to Aydelott. You are so right about Rankin and his ego. Most posters on here could coach at Alcoa and win.

I liked Rankin he was always good team and would always talk to me when he saw me in the community (i do not have a son that plays football)we would talk football and he was always candid with me...i disagree with 2P on a lot of things that he says but im not gonna rehash that argument except for 1 thing...until chrisitanna even came most of his players never even played football ujntil they were freshman so for a kid to be exposed to middle school ball was a plus to him...rANKIN DID A great JOB OF DEVELOPING PLAYERS and he did not get credit for it instead he got accused of recruiting these players Rankin and his staff was the best i had seen during a practice the 4th team got as many reps as the 1st team and there was never any stading around during his practice there was always something going on..then you had how deep we always go in the playoffs which was usually 5 games deep that was nothing but extra practice time for his freshman and sophmores and rather you like it or not that really adds up by a kids SR year he has a 1 and a half of games on the cometitions (5 games a year of playoffs equal 15 games not counting SR year)

ALSO during a regualr season game and we got a 2 TD lead he would start subbing in some of his 2nd teamers along with some starters and mix it up so all thos eplayers got reps during a real game...Rankin coached NEXT YEARS TEAM every year and the team for this year KNEW what to do and what was expected of them....Rankin was well RESPECTED by his players and by Jr and Sr year they even liked him because those young men were growing up...and knew he was building them up for life in the future

Were there things he could have done better? SURE but he did a good job of developing players that wanted to work and making them good high school football players...could he have gotten more to college ?...maybe BUT if not for the development he put them through the would have NEVER had a chance or even thought about the next level and some kids football got them through high school...he is gone to Alcoa and i wish him the best..we have moved on at RIVERDALE to a new coach and everyone know how i feel about the wing T and i really havent been critical of the coaching...and i am not going to now any more than what i have in my previous post but i did want to defend Rankin

who ever said that all coaches coach the same!!!!!!!!!!! no one coach is going to coach like rankins just because of that you saying that he isn't coaching good come on now are you telling me that them kids out there didn't play last friday night to win that ball game ???????? that is a joke !!!!!!!!!!!!! they just got out played ......... and you want to blame a coach for you all losing a ballgame is wrong.........

yes the young men played hard played to win i don't think the young men called t.o. with 7sec before the half i don't think the men called the play on 4th and 1 to run it in the middle with eight men in the box but yes they played hard not out played