JPII at MBA

savestheday798

Knighttime05 only shows up when Golden Tate is attacked..

Watch this..

Golden Tate stinks

reply from Knightime coming in 5..4...3...2...

/roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

MBA is certainly capable of scoring 34 points, but they will have to improve to do it. They could have been up 28-0 in the 1st half at Hillsboro except for turnovers and penalties. I'm not sure I want to be the team on the receiving end of it when MBA puts it all together, but to this point they really haven't.

There are a couple of things bothering me about MBA at this point. They've squandered a lot of opportunities so far: a fumble into the end zone against Moeller, an interception in the end zone against Hillsboro, fumbles deep in their own end against both Baylor and Hillsboro. And the punting game is scary in the extreme. Lassing punts well and has done an excellent job with the two bad snaps, but at some point, you know good luck runs out. Two bad snaps is inexcusable in 4 seasons; in 4 games it borders on disastrous. They'll obviously have to punt against BA, Ensworth, and Ryan. Those would be really nightmarish times to have a bad snap.

On the up side, they have managed to win at Baylor when they weren't playing very well (a hallmark of a good team), and they held on against Hillsboro when there were opportunities to fold. Still, it would be nice to see these issues get ironed out this week before the big stretch starts.

There are a couple of things bothering me about MBA at this point. They've squandered a lot of opportunities so far: a fumble into the end zone against Moeller, an interception in the end zone against Hillsboro, fumbles deep in their own end against both Baylor and Hillsboro. And the punting game is scary in the extreme. Lassing punts well and has done an excellent job with the two bad snaps, but at some point, you know good luck runs out. Two bad snaps is inexcusable in 4 seasons; in 4 games it borders on disastrous. They'll obviously have to punt against BA, Ensworth, and Ryan. Those would be really nightmarish times to have a bad snap.

On the up side, they have managed to win at Baylor when they weren't playing very well (a hallmark of a good team), and they held on against Hillsboro when there were opportunities to fold. Still, it would be nice to see these issues get ironed out this week before the big stretch starts.

They have the same long snapper they had last year, I don't remember any problems last year. The fumbles are a problem that need to be fixed. Part of the problem is that it has been a different player in every game. They fix one and then another one fumbles. Hopefully the fumbles are now out of their system. The penalties are as much a result of aggressive play. I thought the Hillsboro game was poorly officiated and it hurt both teams. William Tanner was called for a late hit that caused a loss of down as well. The coaches said that William was playing the way they coached him to play, the official thought it was late but the coaches thought it was fine. We had a TD called back because a wide receiver covered up the tight end. They will fix that.

The Hillsboro game had kind of a wierd ebb and flow. The INT in the first drive really hurt us. The blocked field goal in a perverse way hurt us too. Hillsboro drove the ball well to get into positon to try that field goal, we blocked it and returned it for a TD, then had to kick the ball right back to them. Our defense didn't get a breather and the offense was kept on the sideline. We forced a punt but got the ball deep in our own end and fumbled on third down giving Hillsboro the ball deep in our end. Our coaches insist that they charted 4 time outs in the 1st half for Hillsboro, the last one being right before the play they scored on. If that was the 4th time out and they hadn't gotten it there is a good chance time would have run out before they could have scored. After half time we kicked off to them. So in the span of about 45 minutes I guess in real time our offense ran 3 plays. When they came back in the 2nd half they were out of sinc and couldn't keep the defense off the field.

Sometimes games move in strange ways.

They have the same long snapper they had last year, I don't remember any problems last year. The fumbles are a problem that need to be fixed. Part of the problem is that it has been a different player in every game. They fix one and then another one fumbles. Hopefully the fumbles are now out of their system. The penalties are as much a result of aggressive play. I thought the Hillsboro game was poorly officiated and it hurt both teams. William Tanner was called for a late hit that caused a loss of down as well. The coaches said that William was playing the way they coached him to play, the official thought it was late but the coaches thought it was fine. We had a TD called back because a wide receiver covered up the tight end. They will fix that.

The Hillsboro game had kind of a wierd ebb and flow. The INT in the first drive really hurt us. The blocked field goal in a perverse way hurt us too. Hillsboro drove the ball well to get into positon to try that field goal, we blocked it and returned it for a TD, then had to kick the ball right back to them. Our defense didn't get a breather and the offense was kept on the sideline. We forced a punt but got the ball deep in our own end and fumbled on third down giving Hillsboro the ball deep in our end. Our coaches insist that they charted 4 time outs in the 1st half for Hillsboro, the last one being right before the play they scored on. If that was the 4th time out and they hadn't gotten it there is a good chance time would have run out before they could have scored. After half time we kicked off to them. So in the span of about 45 minutes I guess in real time our offense ran 3 plays. When they came back in the 2nd half they were out of sinc and couldn't keep the defense off the field.

I agree with you about the ebb and flow of the game, or lack thereof. Likewise, i thought the officiating was poor. I could have handled Tanner's late hit penalty a little better if they had called the Hillsboro player for wrapping up the MBA punt reciever on the fair catch. Regarding Tanner's call, I also could have handled that one if the game had been chippy and getting out of hand. My view was restricted (a computer screen), but it seemed to me that it was a hard hitting but clean game, with an air of mutual respect on both sides.

In my younger days, I was a center. I cannot abide bad snaps ever.

MBA is certainly capable of scoring 34 points, but they will have to improve to do it. They could have been up 28-0 in the 1st half at Hillsboro except for turnovers and penalties. I'm not sure I want to be the team on the receiving end of it when MBA puts it all together, but to this point they really haven't.

come on be logical. MBA could have and i think should have lost that game. MBA has a stout D but there Offence seems to be pretty poor. They had one TD and scored off a blocked FG. not saying to much about their O. Hillsburo beat themselves esspecially with injuries ( crutcher and corey jordan)

hahah i actually watched that. Tanner tried to block number 6 of hillsburo and ended up getting drilled in the mouth and pretty much knocked on his butt so i think he felt a little embarrassed and took his anger out on number 6, five seconds after the play was over haha. But i have to give tanner credit for running a superb stop and go to give MBA a key TD. i love seeing those two teams go at it.

good luck to the BIG RED vs JP2....should be a good game unless MBA fixes their small problems

come on be logical. MBA could have and i think should have lost that game. MBA has a stout D but there Offence seems to be pretty poor. They had one TD and scored off a blocked FG. not saying to much about their O. Hillsburo beat themselves esspecially with injuries ( crutcher and corey jordan)

Give the Big Red some credit. Good teams that know how to win, win those games.