Mr. Football Canidates

HesterBeSeeinULater

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

May be a long shot, but Michael Poarch, #16 RB/DB from Tyner Academy. Harder for him since Coach Turner gets the ball out evenly to other backs, but he is a great, electrifying back that is a difference maker physically and emotionally for the Rams. Sorry don't have the stats right now, but you should look him up. Rams are 4-0 and he made All-State for Cornerback last year.

I would agree with the Curtis King for 3A Mr. Football. He is a beast on the Defensive Line. He is leading the state in sacks according to everything I have found. He is being doubled and tripled team. Tonight he was in the backfield everyplay in the first quarter and hald, which is all he played. The first two plays for Douglass, he sacked the quarterback. One of those sacks he stripped the ball and then picked it up and scored. He is a real difference maker and will definitely play major D1 football.

The first half of the year is almost over and in just 7 more weeks the Mr. Football Finalists will be announced.

I can only speak for 3A but here's some of my canidates:

Backs

Zack Rogers (David Lipscomb)

Zack Ziegler (Greenbrier)

Bo Wallace (Giles Co.)

Linemen

Cody Anderson (Cheatham Co.)

Curtis King (Trezevant)

Michael Murphy (Marshall Co.)

Kickers

Christian Reed (Station Camp)

Jordan Rion (Page)

Kyle Lehning (David Lipscomb)

PLEASE FEEL FREE TO ADD YOUR LIST OF POTENTIAL FINALISTS /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

What's the stats for the backs you listed?