Maryville complacent?

STARSNBARS

According to fbwiz, Maryville is now complacent. Tell that to all those kids who have busted their rearends since January. I, like all MHS fans, hated to see what happened with T.J. and we wish him nothing but the best. But T.J. and Maryville will move on and be sucessful on both counts. I believe may be this is the most talented offense at MHS in many years. Rouse brings a new demension to the O which hasn't been there for some time. We have 2 members of the O-Line that have started 30 games. Two others that have started at least 15 games and all 4 returners have 2 rings. All 3 receivers return. Plus Carl and McCord. The D will be good. They have some work to do in the secondary, but the athletes are there. Anyway I think we'll be o.k. Go Rebs.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest fbwiz

on paper,maryville is the team to beat.their sr.group was undefeated in 8th grade and also in their fr.year.however,their intensity in practices is not there yet.i'm not saying it won't be,either.as of now, their practices are in a perfunctory manner.i think with the deal t.j. got the sr's are distraught,and it shows.

I don't really think the seniors care about TJ, sure everyone loved TJ, but they are focusing on the task at hand, they have moved on. Not only did they lose TJ they also lost a pretty darn good punter, in an even worse fashion. The punter, now at Farragut, was cheap and dirty enough to cheer against his own school and insult one of his good friends, Lee Humphrey at a basketball game. He led the Farragut cheering section in a chorus of "over rated." The kicker was supposedly absolutely awesome in practice, but his nerves got the best of him in games and was only decent.

fbwiz how many of maryville's practices have you been to this year? and how complacent can you be in the first week of practice? a couple of months ago i read a post of yours saying maryville was the best in the state and would remain that as long as coach quarles stayed. now in your 4a and 5a combined top ten they are not even ranked. the guy who answered my earlier post was right. you just like to stir things up. :rolleyes:

If Coach Quarles is as good of a coach as fbwiz said then MHS will have their 3 peat because he is the best coach in history. Jefferson County will go 10-0. Morristown West will lose to Jeff. Co., because Jeff wants it more. He says Maryville is his 2nd favorite team, yet he picks Greeneville ahead of them even though Soddy-Daisy scrimmaged them both and the S-D people said MHS was a lot better. So go figure. That makes a lot of sense. Go Rebs.

Guest caligula

Wiz, are you sure what you are talking about. I have dropped by some MHS practices and they are just as intense as they always have been. TJ was a important player, and friend of many, but they aren't complacent. Being complacent gets you beat, at home, by M'town West.

Guest trojanball4
Posted by STARSNBARS:

If Coach Quarles is as good of a coach as fbwiz said then MHS will have their 3 peat because he is the best coach in history. Jefferson County will go 10-0. Morristown West will lose to Jeff. Co., because Jeff wants it more. He says Maryville is his 2nd favorite team, yet he picks Greeneville ahead of them even though Soddy-Daisy scrimmaged them both and the S-D people said MHS was a lot better. So go figure. That makes a lot of sense. Go Rebs.

hey starsnbars, were you agreeing with fbwiz that jeff co. will beat motown west because jeff will want it more? or were you just stating that to make a point? i was just wondering

Guest fbwiz

STARSNBARS,read my post carefully.i said as today(2 weeks of practice and scrimmages).please,don't try and twist what i say.quarles is the best high school coach in tn.however,i don't think he sees that his team is lacking intensity,maybe he will in the next couple of weeks. to understand this concept,do some research on riverdale's 96 team.read the quote from rankin after his team lost to jeff.co. in double ot. riverdale went undefeated that yr.,but all along the way he felt as though something was missing.i sensed this in his team even when they mauled jeff.co. in week 3 (35-14). don't argue with me hysterically; rather, argue with me historically.

I was just stating what fbwiz had posted. Personally I don't think Jeff will beat West. fbwiz I just repeated what you've put on the board, that's all. Not hysterically as you put it. And then after some of the things you've posted in the past about different teams not having this or that. And then changing your mind whenever the wind blows again. You don't know SQUAT about MHS football as evidenced by one of your previous posts about MHS not having an undeafeated season when in fact they've had at least 5. Maryville is NOT Riverdale '96. Then you accused me of making fun of W.B., when that was not at all the case or inferred anywhere. Don't be so paranoid. Your 2nd favorite team is going to be o.k. Go Rebs.

Guest trojanball4
Posted by STARSNBARS:

I was just stating what fbwiz had posted. Personally I don't think Jeff will beat West. fbwiz I just repeated what you've put on the board, that's all. Not hysterically as you put it. And then after some of the things you've posted in the past about different teams not having this or that. And then changing your mind whenever the wind blows again. You don't know SQUAT about MHS football as evidenced by one of your previous posts about MHS not having an undeafeated season when in fact they've had at least 5. Maryville is NOT Riverdale '96. Then you accused me of making fun of W.B., when that was not at all the case or inferred anywhere. Don't be so paranoid. Your 2nd favorite team is going to be o.k. Go Rebs.

i dont believe he even knows who is favorite teams are today it is greenville, tomorrow its jeff and friday it will be maryville. so lets all route for greenville today. today they are definately the best team in the state. yea ok

Posted by fbwiz:

on paper,maryville is the team to beat.their sr.group was undefeated in 8th grade and also in their fr.year.however,their intensity in practices is not there yet.i'm not saying it won't be,either.as of now, their practices are in a perfunctory manner.i think with the deal t.j. got the sr's are distraught,and it shows.

fbwiz....Just a little correction. The senior group was not undefeated in the 8th and freshmen years. Robertsville and Oak Ridge beat them respectively to go undefeated those years. [the two best teams in the state and best games] Granted 1/2 a dozen or more of OR's best players are either playing somewhere else or not playing at all thanks to the 'big' cheese at OR.