Baylor vs Notre Dame

MVM

As I mentioned on another post this is a very special game to both of these schools not only because they are cross town rivals but 12 of these girls (11 seniors 1 junior) are team mates on their club team, East Ridge Express '91. The team is coached by Matt Yelton and they are reigning Premier League Champions. Because many of these girls have played upwards of 9 seasons together and have gone through the ups and downs of club play, these girls are very good friends and have a true affection for each other. More importantly the parents have all gotten along very well and this makes for a healthy and very respectful rivalry. Unfortunatley for the Fighting Irish of Notre Dame the outcome has been decidely one way. I hope this game coming up is as thrilling as last year's game and we can get lucky and come away with a win!

Notre Dame girls playing on ERSA '91

Darcy Brannen

Kris Cambron

Danielle Ciabattone (jr, who will play her jr & sr year with newly formed FC Alliance Black, formerly Nike Lady Impact '92; 3 time state champions).

Shannon Kelly

Christinia Pagnani

played on ERSA '91

Carey Leiper

Casey Finnell

Baylor girls playing on ERSA '91

Natalie Brackett

Taylor Davidson

Sarah Gawthrop

Cydney Parkes

Caroline Scales

Tayler Shelby

Kemesha Woodfine

will join ERSA this coming year

Carissa Sanchez

played on ERSA '91

Mary Adams Bode

Just a footnote: these 16 girls represent approximatley 40% of the teams combined roster,

7 girls ND and 9 girls Baylor based on 20 person roster (just a guess) for each team.

And for those of us who our parents of senior girls it is hard to believe that the years pass by so fast and that for many of us we are closing in on the final few months of our girls soccer careers. Good luck to all the girls this year especially those who are finishing up their careers.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well said chasanooga. These girls have been together a long time and their friendships are special for sure. That senior season comes along way too fast no doubt. I am really looking forward to another Baylor Notre Dame game. This one should be a great game. I hope for an injury free game most of all ....and hope it will also be a thrilling game.....but hope for another Baylor victory!

As I mentioned on another post this is a very special game to both of these schools not only because they are cross town rivals but 12 of these girls (11 seniors 1 junior) are team mates on their club team, East Ridge Express '91. The team is coached by Matt Yelton and they are reigning Premier League Champions. Because many of these girls have played upwards of 9 seasons together and have gone through the ups and downs of club play, these girls are very good friends and have a true affection for each other. More importantly the parents have all gotten along very well and this makes for a healthy and very respectful rivalry. Unfortunatley for the Fighting Irish of Notre Dame the outcome has been decidely one way. I hope this game coming up is as thrilling as last year's game and we can get lucky and come away with a win!

Notre Dame girls playing on ERSA '91

Darcy Brannen

Kris Cambron

Danielle Ciabattone

Shannon Kelly

Christinia Pagnani

played on ERSA '91

Carey Leiper

Baylor girls playing on ERSA '91

Natalie Brackett

Taylor Davidson

Sarah Gawthrop

Cydney Parkes

Caroline Scales

Tayler Shelby

Kemesha Woodfine

played on ERSA '91

Mary Adams Bode

Just a footnote: these 14 girls represent approximatley 35% of the teams combined roster,

6 girls ND and 8 girls Baylor based on 20 person roster (just a guess) for each team.

And for those of us who our parents of senior girls it is hard to believe that the years pass by so fast and that for many of us we are closing in on the final few months of our girls soccer careers. Good luck to all the girls this year especially those who are finishing up their careers.

Yeah and it is good to see rivals during the high school season come together so beautifully on the club fields. From what I hear, Ciabatonnne no longer plays for ERSA. and in her place is the Junior Carissa Sanchez (Baylor) and Senior Josie Rix from GPS. My prediction is Big Red for +1 no matter the score. Woodfine can put a ball in the net when it counts although they mark her tight. Scales, Gawthrop and Sanchez can rocket them from far out. Should be one of the best games in town to watch. Definite advantage for Baylor to be played at home. Fans could get ugly though..... Time will tell.

Should be one of the best games in town to watch. Definite advantage for Baylor to be played at home. Fans could get ugly though..... Time will tell.

No doubt most eyes in Chattanooga will be on this game. But if your bored Tues night and north of the county Soddy plays GPS, which should be a great game also. It's a good night for soccer in Chatt. town. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Yeah and it is good to see rivals during the high school season come together so beautifully on the club fields. From what I hear, Ciabatonnne no longer plays for ERSA. and in her place is the Junior Carissa Sanchez (Baylor) and Senior Josie Rix from GPS. My prediction is Big Red for +1 no matter the score. Woodfine can put a ball in the net when it counts although they mark her tight. Scales, Gawthrop and Sanchez can rocket them from far out. Should be one of the best games in town to watch. Definite advantage for Baylor to be played at home. Fans could get ugly though..... Time will tell.

I will clarify original post to show incoming/out going players.

DonCChatt I can tell in your post how disappointed you are. I think you mentioned in an earlier post that this is your daughter's last year. But you guys have alot to play for in you division and maybe even state. You have to give Baylor alot of credit for sure. They are playing week in and week out the top teams in the state and keep on winning. Congratulations to Baylor and good luck to ND the rest of the way.

Final Score Baylor 3 - ND 1

Much more even game the the final score indicates.