4. im really cool... just kidding

5. the reason franklin even wears camo is beacuse of brentwood

6. i look stupid

7. i have the coolest username on coacht...only kidding of course

8. i love bubble baths

9. all jokes aside...i am really no that cool but i try to be

i hope you now know me better

solid post big guy

in all honesty tho, despite being rebels fan, i will admit brentwood flat out beat us last night. no excuses, no pointing fingers, and no blaming the refs- the bruins played a full 48 minutes and did what they wanted to do. their o line was fantastic and props to their defense on containing both our passing and running games. the rebels will bounce back. this could be a timely loss that will help the rebels refocus and regroup and come back stronger. again heck of a game last night to both teams and job well done brentwood. GO REBELS!

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And we did see Friday night.

1. Franklin did not play 4 quarters.

2. Team paniced and the coach paniced. Brentwood didn't panic.

3. Play calling on Franklins last drive with 45 seconds was pathetic

4. What happened to the 2 minute offense Franklin ran at the end of the 2nd quarter?

5. Turnovers as usual were key in this game as they were in last years

6. Franklin fans looked stupid in Camo an Black. Wear your school colors

7. Franklin has more talent - Brentwood is a better team

8. Brentwood's coach is better

9. Both teams will play again in the playoffs

most of the posts on this topic are hilarious.

I disagree with most of your points but # 6,7, 9 who cares what the fans wear, Crawford is the best coach, and they will both be in the playoffs. But the rest is bull. There was no panic button pushed, rebels ONLY had 45 seconds left in the game that doesnt leave you with a whole lot of options. BHS's defense is outstanding. Franklin DID play 4 quarters and was always in the game. It was an outstanding night of football that could have gone either way but lets call it what it is both teams are high quality teams that I feel one of them will be in Murfreesboro and either one of them can bring home the gold ball good luck to both teams as the regular seasons comes closer to an end and the playoffs are here.

Ignorant response and typical of probably a player that sits on the bench. Played Brentwood 5 times at bwood because 3 years we met them in the playoffs and never played at franklin in the playoffs. so if you still need help counting, thats 2 years regular season, plus 3 years in the playoffs... 3+2=5!!!! and if you saw a great game last night then you certainly missed out on brentwood franklin games from 4 years ago and beyond that point. last night looked more like two glorified hs teams that are both one demensional and wont make it anywhere in the playoffs if they continue down that road. been there done that and moved on.

as for your soccer comments, your showing just how arrogant you truly are.

Show some pride for the team You used to represent and play for.

Show some pride for the team You used to represent and play for.

Never once have i said anything bad about franklin, or brentwood for that matter. i simply stated that the two teams that wre on that field friday night have a long way to go before making it to state. both were one dimensional. run, run, run, and attempt to throw when we are down with 45 sec left is going to get you beat everytime. brentwoods qb will get them through region play but come playoff times he will be stopped 8 out of 10 times, hope the two he gets away are for TD's. brentwoods defense was good(not as good as made up to be) and franklins defense was shaky(kinda what i was expecting)

As for the pride, I was there for the entire game and never lost hope. I distinctly remember Matt Solima throwing a hail mary bomb to Joe Bell my jr year and winnig the game in OT after trailing the entire game so i never gave up on Franklin but they are definately going to have to play better to make it anywhere in the postseason.

You know, looking at the Titans/Ravens game today, that was kind of ugly as well.

However, no one with half a brain is going to say that these two teams aren't pretty good units.

Sometimes, the competition, the stakes, the rivalry, and the expectations don't allow you to look super crisp every play. Sometimes, you just are happy to get out with a W, especially away from home.

Franklin had some good teams in the Johnson era, but fell short when it counted. They definitely didn't have the superior athletes, as is most of the time with Brentwood. Their advantage was on the sidelines. They wouldn't be classified as world beaters, so lighten up on your colored "evaluation' of the current crop of kids playing the game.

In this game, Brentwood had superior coaching and the grit to get it done in crunch time. What is more remarkable is that they did a lot of the damage through the air- yes, they have a long way to go to be a credible passing team- but they are getting better. They won't ever get to the Whittemore/Everson/McCurdy level. Bruins have a different group of players (their ground game might be the best in Bruin history). But, as a long time observer of both FHS and BHS, their defense is as opportunistic and tough as ever been put on the field on Murray Lane.

That reason maybe alone could propel them into some playoff victories. And on the other side, maybe, just maybe, this Franklin team could be the class that earns the gold ball your crew couldn't accomplish.

First and foremost, Congratulations Bruins! You did what they claimed couldn't be done and you did it with class and poise. Way to play!

I want to address someone's comment about an injury on the Franklin sideline with Brentwood fans still on their feet. As a fan I can tell you that from the stands, we were not able to see the injured coach. No one had any idea that there was an injury until our own players took a knee. We respect you all and would not want to see anyone hurt. Best wishes for a speedy recovery.

Franklin: You are a great team and we know we will see you again in the playoffs. Until then, good luck!

Brentwood: You were the better team Friday. It wasn't a fluke or a blown call that won you the game...it was hard work and dedication. You knew that you could win and you played like a team and it showed in the final score. Continue on this path and you will be tough to beat. Seniors, you hold your destiny in your own hands...Finish what you started!

Go Bruins!!!

First and foremost, Congratulations Bruins! You did what they claimed couldn't be done and you did it with class and poise. Way to play!

I want to address someone's comment about an injury on the Franklin sideline with Brentwood fans still on their feet. As a fan I can tell you that from the stands, we were not able to see the injured coach. No one had any idea that there was an injury until our own players took a knee. We respect you all and would not want to see anyone hurt. Best wishes for a speedy recovery.

Franklin: You are a great team and we know we will see you again in the playoffs. Until then, good luck!

Brentwood: You were the better team Friday. It wasn't a fluke or a blown call that won you the game...it was hard work and dedication. You knew that you could win and you played like a team and it showed in the final score. Continue on this path and you will be tough to beat. Seniors, you hold your destiny in your own hands...Finish what you started!

Go Bruins!!!

Very classy post and correct in all accounts. Both teams will meet up again,. but hopefully next time itwill be a different outcome!