Cleveland @ Cookeville

Mr. Heisman

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well as a fan I'm dissapointed because a undefeated regular season is nice for kid's to hang their hats on, but overall I think this game help them down the road. Although it took a couple drives to get going, I thought the offense looked good in the first 1 1/2 quarters; they had a good push up front and found a way to move the ball, whether it was on the ground or in the air, but after that it was rough. The defense struggled and I think it was a real surprise to the team because I believe that this game was the first time they had been trailing or tied with a team this season. The biggest thing that I saw was consistency, they just never seemed to have a good defensive series capped with a good offensive series or vice versa.

Overall, this loss is dissapointing, I believe the coaches and the team will use this game to get better and back on track. I believe they'll win the region and make a good playoff run.

By the way, hats off to the Cavaliers they played a sound game!

I do have a question for Cookeville fans, though.

Was the crowd last night a typical crowd for Cookeville games because there sure were alot of people there?

I also was pretty impressed with the student section and what I guess is a ROTC club in the endzone that shot off the cannon. Everybody that wore Cookeville colors sure showed that they have alot of pride in their school.

Raider":2vkl5y64]

By the way, hats off to the Cavaliers they played a sound game!

I do have a question for Cookeville fans, though.

Was the crowd last night a typical crowd for Cookeville games because there sure were alot of people there?

I also was pretty impressed with the student section and what I guess is a ROTC club in the endzone that shot off the cannon. Everybody that wore Cookeville colors sure showed that they have alot of pride in their school.

Homecoming alway's tends to pack the stadium, but most of the seats are usually full. Community/Student pride and support continues to grow each year, as the program continues to improve. Coach Joslin has done a terrrific job of building Cookeville's football program. Congratulations to the Cavs on a solid game performance Friday night. I also want to commend the group that set up the halftime fireworks, very impressive. Now the Cavs need to get ready for MUS next week, a very long road trip to say the least. Go Cavs!

Now the Cavs need to get ready for MUS next week, a very long road trip to say the least. Go Cavs!

The Owls are looking forward to the rematch. Have a safe trip...come early enough to stop by one of our local barbecue spots -- the Germantown Commissary is probably the closest (about a 10-15 minute drive from MUS) and one of my personal favorites. Oh, and leave the cannon at home...the city of Memphis has enough weaponry as it is!