Marion County vs. Whitwell

mchs51

/roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> Old Pirate says us folks just can't get past our raisen. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

That's ok, that won't be held against you. But, seriously when reality does hit you, you will see that what makes the Marion County Warriors special is that they are the ones with the biggest heart and deepest pride. That alone makes them Marion County. Anyone can see that it is not about where you are or how many games you set out to embarrass other people. It is all about that pride that you carry off the field when you know you have given all that you have and bled your heart out on that field. But hey, what do I know, I was raised in SP. Trust me the name is where it belongs.

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's ok, that won't be held against you. But, seriously when reality does hit you, you will see that what makes the Marion County Warriors special is that they are the ones with the biggest heart and deepest pride. That alone makes them Marion County. Anyone can see that it is not about where you are or how many games you set out to embarrass other people. It is all about that pride that you carry off the field when you know you have given all that you have and bled your heart out on that field. But hey, what do I know, I was raised in SP. Trust me the name is where it belongs.

Old Pirate says, Well that sounds great EE. Who was your team captains your sr year playing at SP?

I never said I played... what gave you that impression?? I had more things to worry about than following football at that time, but I have for some time now.

Sounds as if Old Pirate can make a brain surgen too. Better get with Dr. Adcock and let him know OP knows about something he NEVER HAS DONE. Wanta volunteer to be OP's 1st patient EE.

OP says "ONE SHOULD WALK IN THEM THERE SHOES BEFORE HE SPEAKS TOO MUCH ABOUT WHAT IT TAKES"

SOUNDS AS IF YOU WERE ONE OF THEM BIRDS OLE PROFESSOR PHIL ALWAYS TALKED ABOUT AT SP.

Good Luck to them Jasper boys.

Sounds as if Old Pirate can make a brain surgen too. Better get with Dr. Adcock and let him know OP knows about something he NEVER HAS DONE. Wanta volunteer to be OP's 1st patient EE.

OP says "ONE SHOULD WALK IN THEM THERE SHOES BEFORE HE SPEAKS TOO MUCH ABOUT WHAT IT TAKES"

SOUNDS AS IF YOU WERE ONE OF THEM BIRDS OLE PROFESSOR PHIL ALWAYS TALKED ABOUT AT SP.

Good Luck to them Jasper boys.

No, my point is this. Though I never walked in those shoes, I know that when I was in school, we had pride in who we were and we carried the SPHS banner high. We did not care about the name Marion County, who is just who they are. I will always hold my head high as a South Pittsburg High School Pirate, Not a Marion County Pirate. SP has a great history and background and anyone who would smear that with the negativity of someone else carrying the county title, is definately not a true SP Pirate. I don't care how much of an Old Pirate you are. Apparently you spend too much time trying to make your kids feel like they need to be someone else instead of being who they are. SP Champions. So I guess that means you want to be something other than a proud SP Old Pirate, since all you can continue to do is be jealous of a name. A name that any true SP Pirate would want to hold on too is SP. As for this thread, Yes Marion is going to win and by how much, I dont know and dont care. Numbers are just that, but when Whitwell High School walks on to that field they will walk on to that field with pride in their name, Whitwell High School Tigers. Rivalry is awesome and grand, but at least be rivals for the right reason and stop trying to teach your kids that they should want to be something else. Yes, I guess I never walked in those shoes and never ran or blocked on a football field, but I still walk with my South Pittsburg High School Pride, no matter who I am or who I turned out to be. I am and always will be from South Pittsburg High School.

Go WHS!!!! Go SPHS!!!!! GO MCHS!!!!!!

No, my point is this. Though I never walked in those shoes, I know that when I was in school, we had pride in who we were and we carried the SPHS banner high. We did not care about the name Marion County, who is just who they are. I will always hold my head high as a South Pittsburg High School Pirate, Not a Marion County Pirate. SP has a great history and background and anyone who would smear that with the negativity of someone else carrying the county title, is definately not a true SP Pirate. I don't care how much of an Old Pirate you are. Apparently you spend too much time trying to make your kids feel like they need to be someone else instead of being who they are. SP Champions. So I guess that means you want to be something other than a proud SP Old Pirate, since all you can continue to do is be jealous of a name. A name that any true SP Pirate would want to hold on too is SP. As for this thread, Yes Marion is going to win and by how much, I dont know and dont care. Numbers are just that, but when Whitwell High School walks on to that field they will walk on to that field with pride in their name, Whitwell High School Tigers. Rivalry is awesome and grand, but at least be rivals for the right reason and stop trying to teach your kids that they should want to be something else. Yes, I guess I never walked in those shoes and never ran or blocked on a football field, but I still walk with my South Pittsburg High School Pride, no matter who I am or who I turned out to be. I am and always will be from South Pittsburg High School.

Go WHS!!!! Go SPHS!!!!! GO MCHS!!!!!!

Old Pirate is not jealous or envious or anything else. Don't care if they call them selves Bennett Lake Hobos. They will always be just Jasper to a whole lot of folks including this OP. Anyone who thinks jealousy has anything to do with it is off target.

OP has had connections with Jasper, Whitwell, Seq. Cty and even Grundy all are fine programs.

Jasper is riding o a crest of new found confidence and Whitwell is attempting to regain their confidence.

Prediction remains the same Jasper 48 & Whitwell 7. Good luck to both team's coaching staffs and players.

OP says nothing like football in the valley, go support your individual teams who ever they are. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

P.S. OP doesn't spend ANY time making his kids feel they need to be someone else. OP kids have long left the SP and now have children of their own.

PG, Old Pirate asked the questions whether former coach Picket had a brother that played in the sixties with him at Whitwell. OP was wondering also about a former player for Whitwell Larry Holland from the early sixties.

Them Whitwell folks posting on coacht must be youngons and they haven't gotten an answer from ole great grand pappy. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Larry Holland is still around. You can see him standing on the fence every Friday night watching his son #24 play for Whitwell. As for as the game goes, Whitwell is not that far away. They need to start believing in themselves. It may be closer than you think Friday. Whitwell 21 Jasper 17!!!

Just Love One Another, Love One Another, Love One Another!! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

We all should be proud of the teams and communities we represent! Whitwell, Marion County & South Pittsburg High Schools are all quality schools with great kids. Just like Whitwell gets disturbed, rightfully so, when they are degraded so do the people at Marion County High and South Pittsburg. I have been in the valley long enough to say that everyone should just quit trying to one-up another by saying Jasper this and Whitwull that. How childish of all that do that. Let it go!! Each of us know who we represent and we, WHS, MCHS & SPHS, all have a lot to be proud of. Have a nice night!! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Lets get it right. Its Whi-wuhl. Haven't you ever heard any one from Whi-wuhl call into the radio show? Secondly, we all know its Marion County High. But the ARE Jasper so we call them that because it annoys them. Finally, many people are related to each other around Marion County and up and down the valley. These games aren't just games, they are family feuds! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> I have family from all three towns, born and raised there.

By the way, why did they tear Whi-wuhl down? /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=" I would like to see the Tygers pound on the Warriors though just out of principle because I have more cousins that went to Jasper than I do Whitwell!

No. Its the Jasper - Whi-Wuhl thread. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Rlh if you would take it out long enough to talk, it can not be that good of a candy. or in your neck of the woods tbacker. I wish the Yankees would just visit, and go home.

Larry Holland is still around. You can see him standing on the fence every Friday night watching his son #24 play for Whitwell. As for as the game goes, Whitwell is not that far away. They need to start believing in themselves. It may be closer than you think Friday. Whitwell 21 Jasper 17!!!

Now thats great to hear. Old Pirates and Old Once Weres are a vanishing bunch. OP will try to locate him at a Whitwell game. Does he have a identifiable dress code? Heck he must still be in good condition with a young son.