whoisjeff

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ravenwood can pull it off.

Ravenwood-21

MBA -17

MBA is on their high horse and Ravenwood will take advantage of that.

I never make predicitions, and Ravenwood certainly worries me a bit, but I wouldn't count on MBA coming in on their high horse. Trailing JP II at the end of a quarter was a bit of a shock, and probably shook them out of any complacency. Ravenwood may win, but if they do, I doubt it will be a matter of MBA having overlooked them.

Ravenwood can pull it off.

Ravenwood-21

MBA -17

MBA is on their high horse and Ravenwood will take advantage of that.

Coach McGugin has done a good job of keeping the boys "off their high horse". Ravenwood spotted us 31 last year and almost came back on us, that won't be forgotten. I really don't know what to expect. Ravenwood lost to Goodpasture a team we dominated in a scrimmage, but beat BA and Brentwood. I am expecting the team that beat BA and Brentwood rather then the one that lost to Goodpasture. Hopefully it will be a good game.

I don't know which Ravenwood team will show up Friday night at MBA homecoming. It's been Jekyll and Hyde, up one week and down the next while MBA has remained very consistent with the testimony of 18 game winning streak is proof. It doesn't say much but Brentwood City champions is all Ravenwood has going for them for the first time in Brentwood City history (Brentwood H.S. doesn??™t play BA) for all three high schools.

I'm probably expecting the BA treatment at MBA??¦don??™t come here and expect to park on our campus to watch the game. It is off limits to the visiting team. Ravenwood will have to find some location way off the beaten path to even get close to the school to park. Last year game at Ravenwood was a disappointment for lack of attendance by the MBA crowd. You would think the short travel and parking would have been non-issue for MBA faithful. This adds to the reasoning that future scheduling with MBA will end after this game due to lack of gate attendance from MBA.

It's great for the team and a few mommies and daddies to show up but where are the faithful diehard fans? Privates schools Goodpasture and BA brings a way bigger crowd than the few MBA fans showing up last year. Does the MBA fans show up at least for a home game? If not, does MBA want to swap home and visitors sides for this MBA homecoming game? We would be obliged.

I don't know which Ravenwood team will show up Friday night at MBA homecoming. It's been Jekyll and Hyde, up one week and down the next while MBA has remained very consistent with the testimony of 18 game winning streak is proof. It doesn't say much but Brentwood City champions is all Ravenwood has going for them for the first time in Brentwood City history (Brentwood H.S. doesn??™t play BA) for all three high schools.

I'm probably expecting the BA treatment at MBA??¦don??™t come here and expect to park on our campus to watch the game. It is off limits to the visiting team. Ravenwood will have to find some location way off the beaten path to even get close to the school to park. Last year game at Ravenwood was a disappointment for lack of attendance by the MBA crowd. You would think the short travel and parking would have been non-issue for MBA faithful. This adds to the reasoning that future scheduling with MBA will end after this game due to lack of gate attendance from MBA.

It's great for the team and a few mommies and daddies to show up but where are the faithful diehard fans? Privates schools Goodpasture and BA brings a way bigger crowd than the few MBA fans showing up last year. Does the MBA fans show up at least for a home game? If not, does MBA want to swap home and visitors sides for this MBA homecoming game? We would be obliged.

I don't remember having a small crowd there last year. That would be unusual because MBA usually travels well.

Usually for games with local teams they open up the Lacrosse field for parking right off West End Ave. It was open last week for JPII. Anyone can park there. We don't treat our guests badly except hopefully on the field.

Oh yes and count on our stands being full, and enjoy the fireworks taking place behind you.

I don't remember having a small crowd there last year. That would be unusual because MBA usually travels well.

Usually for games with local teams they open up the Lacrosse field for parking right off West End Ave. It was open last week for JPII. Anyone can park there. We don't treat our guests badly except hopefully on the field.

Oh yes and count on our stands being full, and enjoy the fireworks taking place behind you.

What you say as travel well is probably true from your view but it is nothing like the crowds for BA, Brentwood and Franklin games. We talk about it last year as it was a major disappointment. We had thought MBA travel well. You always like to schedule teams that bring a good gate as well as receiving. It helps both schools.

Any thoughts on flipping home field side for this game? They don't let us play with fire, fireworks, or bonfires in Williamson County school property and City of Brentwood. Can we bring some too? I like the cannon shots the best.

What you say as travel well is probably true from your view but it is nothing like the crowds for BA, Brentwood and Franklin games. We talk about it last year as it was a major disappointment. We had thought MBA travel well. You always like to schedule teams that bring a good gate as well as receiving. It helps both schools.

Any thoughts on flipping home field side for this game? They don't let us play with fire, fireworks, or bonfires in Williamson County school property and City of Brentwood. Can we bring some too? I like the cannon shots the best.

Ravenwood is a new school and there is no history between MBA and Ravenwood; therefore, I think there was a lack of interest among many MBA fans. Still MBA put about 1,000 in the Ravenwood stadium last year which is about 10x the fans that would have showed if you had played a Metro school except for Hillsboro. MBA's stadium holds about 3900. Approximately 2400 of those seats are on the home side, 1200 are on the visitors side and the rest in the west end zone. Ravenwood's stadium appeared to be about the same size. MBA fills it side for home games. In Tennessee 4,000 people at a high school football game is considered a big crowd. This isn't Texas high school football where it's not unusual to have 10,000 in attendance. You sound like Ravenwood is used to playing before 10,000 fans every Friday night! Furthermore, MBA only has about 450 boys in grades 9 through 12.

Ravenwood is a new school and there is no history between MBA and Ravenwood; therefore, I think there was a lack of interest among many MBA fans. Still MBA put about 1,000 in the Ravenwood stadium last year which is about 10x the fans that would have showed if you had played a Metro school except for Hillsboro. MBA's stadium holds about 3900. Approximately 2400 of those seats are on the home side, 1200 are on the visitors side and the rest in the west end zone. Ravenwood's stadium appeared to be about the same size. MBA fills it side for home games. In Tennessee 4,000 people at a high school football game is considered a big crowd. This isn't Texas high school football where it's not unusual to have 10,000 in attendance. You sound like Ravenwood is used to playing before 10,000 fans every Friday night! Furthermore, MBA only has about 450 boys in grades 9 through 12.

Kind of stretching it there with 10K fans aren't we? If you go to Brentwood, Franklin, Ravenwood, or Independence in Williamson County on any given night where one is playing the other, you would know what I mean...stand room only if you can find it. It would be the same at many other schools in Rutherford County and some places out in the eastern part of the state.

The point you made about 450 boys is good point which means the gate is not what it is when you play away from MBA. If you don't bring'em, then why schedule a low gate for out of district play because it doesn't help the coffers. At least BA brings a decent crowd and we return the favor much more. As you mention, it just the way it is and it is a known fact for future scheduling.

Your comment on the lack of interest from MBA...I'll have to think about that one and the players and coaches included in the lack of interest category with this 18 game winning streak? Life is good at MBA with Dan & Company.

You think we can swap sides or we will have to pull a Gallatin??¦sit on both sides. It might be fun to mingle, then again Ravenwood fans could have a lack of interest as well. I'm sure MBA and Ravenwood schedule each other for their lack interest in each other. /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />