Ensworth vs. McCallie

Ensworth11

I don't know how well Ensworth travels but the home side should be good and crowded. Should be one of the best games in the city tomorrow. Maybe the concession stand will have cake! Maybe halftime entertainment could be a cakewalk!

Seriously, Ensworth's running backs are good. McCallie's are amazing to watch. I know the Blue has been working hard and studying hard this week so I expect them to be prepared to give it their all!

Go Blue!

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

KWoodroof makes many good points.

Will this game be packed. I have never been to a McCallie game so i dont know what they are like. I think this game may be a little closer than most think. Ensworth better not think pulling out a win will be as easy as lots of these posters do.

McCallie is a great setting for a game. I don't know how well Ensworth travels but the McCallie side will be well represented. There is a connection as well, the Headmaster at McCallie Kirk Walker was the Headmaster at Ensworth before they added the High School

I don't know how well Ensworth travels but the home side should be good and crowded. Should be one of the best games in the city tomorrow. Maybe the concession stand will have cake! Maybe halftime entertainment could be a cakewalk!

Seriously, Ensworth's running backs are good. McCallie's are amazing to watch. I know the Blue has been working hard and studying hard this week so I expect them to be prepared to give it their all!

Go Blue!

One advantage that McCallie has, is that Ensworth has not played anybody - all blow outs. It would take Ensworth coming out flat and for McCallie to smash mouth them right off the bat and get them on their heels........ Ensworth by at least 21

McCallie is a great setting for a game. I don't know how well Ensworth travels but the McCallie side will be well represented. There is a connection as well, the Headmaster at McCallie Kirk Walker was the Headmaster at Ensworth before they added the High School

Here's an incredibly obscure fact: Kirk Walker was also a teacher at MBA, and coached the 7th grade football team in 1973.

Here's an incredibly obscure fact: Kirk Walker was also a teacher at MBA, and coached the 7th grade football team in 1973.

Somtimes KWoodroof is one of the few sane drops in a sea of madness. Everytime Ensworth gets metioned here, someone wants to pick up the "private schools recruit athletes" crusade. Give it a rest folks, or call up Ronnie Carter at TSSAA and present your proof.

To the game . . . No ,EHS has not been tested and their blowouts could have been much worse (at least the first three in which they had about 47 at the half in each game) had they not played their second string the second halves. Ensworth knows this will be a test and is lookig forward to it. They understand they hace had a weak schedule, and have somehting to prove. They are definitley not looking past a greatly impoved McCallie team. Depth WILL be an issue for EHS, especially with some key injuries (which most teams have, of course). They do have good overall team speed and are a little bigger than last year across the front. Tavares Jefferson (QB) has been working on his passing game in all four games and has become much more comfortable. He is also a major threat in the running game.

I think Ensworth can certainly win, but I don't see a blowout, and I don't see 50+ points.

Somtimes KWoodroof is one of the few sane drops in a sea of madness. Everytime Ensworth gets metioned here, someone wants to pick up the "private schools recruit athletes" crusade. Give it a rest folks, or call up Ronnie Carter at TSSAA and present your proof.

To the game . . . No ,EHS has not been tested and their blowouts could have been much worse (at least the first three in which they had about 47 at the half in each game) had they not played their second string the second halves. Ensworth knows this will be a test and is lookig forward to it. They understand they hace had a weak schedule, and have somehting to prove. They are definitley not looking past a greatly impoved McCallie team. Depth WILL be an issue for EHS, especially with some key injuries (which most teams have, of course). They do have good overall team speed and are a little bigger than last year across the front. Tavares Jefferson (QB) has been working on his passing game in all four games and has become much more comfortable. He is also a major threat in the running game.

I think Ensworth can certainly win, but I don't see a blowout, and I don't see 50+ points.

I think I can say without fear of contradiction that I have never been called sane, certainly not by those who work with me.

As to the game, your point about depth is well taken. I suspect depth will always be an achilles heel for Ensworth, given their planned enrollment. Injuries will occur, and Ensworth may have seasons where a great team in August is considerably less so in late October. (That said, I like Ensworth's planned size. I was not overly enamored of MBA's addition of roughly 25 boys to each class, although they did expand the facilities accordingly.)

They will certainly never lack for quality coaching.

I knew thatr Kirk was a McCallie alum, but I didn't know he was a Morehead. He is a smart man.

Because he went to UNC or because he was a Morehead? You might have to do some personal research on that fact. But those were the good old days when Baylor and McCallie would have a couple each year. Unfortunately for Baylor and McCallie, UNC now casts a much bigger net.