Clinton vs Oak Ridge

coonhunter293

Congrats to Clinton on their win over ORidge...Especially the Seniors...great for them!!

The pasture, however is pretty darn green at Grace....and we are part of something VERY special at Grace...Wouldn't change the move for anything...still a great decision....(not a shot back, either...)

Good thing you dont have Clinton's Schedule! LOL!

Clinton's Schedule Thus far!

AC L 34-32

Maryville L 38-16

Campbell Co W 36-33

South Doyle W 54-30

OAK RIDGE W 21-6

Looks pretty rough, all three wins are quality teams!

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was told that you & Ollie huffed that paint afterwords. Judging by your wild predictions I would say that was true.

Cute andy and the dragon wagon get it done.Bldrunner how do you like my predictions now.Scarbrough did a god job keeping stevens in check.Maybe the ron brown rule will get the mildcats into the playoffs.

AC L 34-32

Maryville L 38-16

Campbell Co W 36-33

South Doyle W 54-30

OAK RIDGE W 21-6

We play who they tell us to play......and a win is a win....You all should win the rest of your games...we have some tough teams coming up in the next 5 weeks...Hampton, Cloudland, Cosby are all strong teams..

Cute andy and the dragon wagon get it done.Bldrunner how do you like my predictions now.Scarbrough did a god job keeping stevens in check.Maybe the ron brown rule will get the mildcats into the playoffs.

I really like your predictions, especially against Maryville. Shocking. even more so, The ORPD love your confessions. They have contacted the administrator of this site.

AC L 34-32

Maryville L 38-16

Campbell Co W 36-33

South Doyle W 54-30

OAK RIDGE W 21-6

Which ones were quality wins?

OR down ---way down

CC--- nothing to write home about

SD-- are you kidding me

Powell beat AC last night a quality win!

First of all, Congrats to Clinton on a big win, now put it behind you and concentrate on region play! Great show of class by both Clinton and OR fans, player's and students, I'm glad it didn't end up like last year post game. This is not a dig on OR, I promise. This was the most undisciplined OR team that I have seen in 25 years, 4 or 5 fumbles, multiple penalties, and it looked like they didn't have any fire at any point in the game. I pull for OR when we don't play them, they are in Anderson County. Can any OR fans elaborate? I think it is a shame for a program like yours to show up for a cross county game like this, maybe I'm wrong.

On the flip side, the biggest difference between this years Clinton team and last years is that the team haslearned how to win again. I know that sounds silly, but we lost for a LONG time. Losing is contagious, just as winning is. For this team to come together and win without Hazlehurst is very gratifying. The future is very bright for the Dragons with the amount of Juniors and Soph contributing. Kudo's for the Clinton fans hanging in there with Coach Shattuck. And for those that left for what they thought were greener pastures..............You could have been part of something special, good luck at Grace, thats not a shot by the way.

First, congratulations to Coach Andy Shattuck on a great win, one that proves he has turned the corner with this program, which was totally in the ditch when he took over. I wish them well the rest of the year and hopefully in the playoffs...I am afraid Oak Ridge is heading in the other direction, 3 and 7 looks real now, because the teams in front of them are all pretty good starting with McMinn County next week and with Ooltewah and Farragut to finish the season. OR had 8 fumbles in the Clinton game, 2 lost which led directly to two Clinton touchdowns. Procedure penalties, holding, all a part of not being disciplined got one OR touchdown called back and were drive killers. The best effort made by the offense was at the start of the second half, when they went back to the I and ran the ball, something they should have started the game with, had they done that, they might have been in it at the end. The offense was anemic. A good offense would have scored 28-35 points on this Clinton defense. The OR defense played OK, except some secondary confusion, and lost containment on Stone. Credit to the Clinton offense for not turning the ball over, that is where games are won. OR fans will have to sit back and see how the rest of the season turns out for Oak Ridge, but at the end of it, I think it is time for the School Administration to focus on football and where it is going and make a true evaluation of the program and make the necessary changes to move the program forward again. Meanwhile I hope the players and coaches redouble their efforts to win as many of these last five games as possible. The question for the Administration is: Do they want Oak Ridge Football to go down? Maybe they do.....stay tuned!!!

PS: If they let it go down, vote against every one of the current School Board Members because I understand they and the Superintendent believe the Oak Ridge Fans expectations are too high...attitude reflects leadership, are they leaders...???

First of all, Congrats to Clinton on a big win, now put it behind you and concentrate on region play! Great show of class by both Clinton and OR fans, player's and students, I'm glad it didn't end up like last year post game.

I wouldn't say Clinton fans showed much class after they tore down a goalpost at Blankenship last night....

the whole town of clinton has to be a giant collection of the most classess people in the world. mess with a goal post at an opposing team's field that you didnt even play at? how about you win more than 4 in 35 years before you get too excited. clinton students should be happy. they should celebrate. heck, they are clinton students, what else do they have to look forward to in their life? please clinton, if you want to cause destruction, go back to bombing your own school.

the whole town of clinton has to be a giant collection of the most classess people in the world. mess with a goal post at an opposing team's field that you didnt even play at? how about you win more than 4 in 35 years before you get too excited. clinton students should be happy. they should celebrate. heck, they are clinton students, what else do they have to look forward to in their life? please clinton, if you want to cause destruction, go back to bombing your own school.

Whoa, UGA. You're spouting a lot of venom at a whole town aren't you. I know that you're upset, but don't blame everybody for what happened, and you need to take your reference to bombing and stick that in your back pocket. All programs have fans that cross the line and bring discredit to the good fans. I'm sure not all the Oak Ridge fans behave in a perfect manner, particularly two OR booster club moms that get in a fight in the women's rest room. I personally think that the actions of these individuals detract from the great Clinton win, but let's tone down the rhetoric and venom.