Union City @ Obion County Central...Who Wins?

uctfan

Coach Bowling has the policy at Union City and the same was at Obion when he was there....It has worked at both places and seems this coach at Obion from a outsiders stand point wants to close out everyone but the team.

What I am saying is that this new coach at Obion comes in and makes everything sound like he has so much to show but doesn't back up his talk once on the field.

Obions kids has shown some improvement over last year, but there is some reason that a school this size can't come out each year and win at least 3 to 6 games....there in NO excuse.

All other schools across the state wins at least a few.

I know the kids are there....I just think it is what and how the program is run.

For a team to have 80 kids out at the start of the year, it bothers me WHY the Rebels can't win.

If you were to have beaten Union City, this shouldn't have and wouldn't have been a building block for anyone playing someone smaller than their school unless your playing a Trousdale County which went from 1 A to 3 A and back to 1 A and won on both levels.

I just can't understand, I really can't. I know if I was a kid playing and doing everything the coaches were saying and we weren't winning, I would have to somewhat second guess something or someone.

The coach at Obion has to understand he is not in a college program as well.

Just the other night against Union City at halftime, I listen to him being interviewed by a radio station....he indicated to the radio when ask the question about his quarter back not hitting his targets....he said " No, it is not the pressure that Union City was putting on our Q B, we are not getting the job done" .

I have listened to him in other games and on the "Count Down To Kick Off Show" and He IS THE ONE ( The Coach ) who never gives credit to the other team For having a good game plan or something to that nature.

Can he NOT figure out that he is getting out coached every game and out played...give the other guy credit sometimes.

Just as the Union City game...Union City went in at Halftime with a 7 to 6 lead and coach Bowling made adjustments to what the Rebels were doing and ran the ball down their throats in the 3rd Quarter and you couldn't or the coach couldn't stop them.

That is all I am saying.....

Closed practices? When did that happen? Sure, the red gate by the high school is closed. However, someone said that the AD Coach Victory closed it to keep players and students from driving over. The back gate has never been closed. Besides, if he wanted to close practice, is that not his choice as the head coach??? As far as coming in and showing stuff, is it not true he has the credentials? Was Rome built in a day? A week? A season? I think its truly amazing that there are 80 guys or so when they only had 40 or 50 the past few seasons!

Kids are here at OC....as evidenced by my previous statement. If you think the program could be run a certain way, then put your name in and become a volunteer coach. Right now, there are only five coaches and I am sure they could use some help from someone who has so much knowledge. That's five coaches managing over 80 players.....not to mention that they also have to run those players while they play JV and freshmen football. So, in reality, they are a little short-handed. So, turn your resume into Mr. Powell and see what you can do to help!

Coach Jackson appears to have them going in the right direction. I'm sorry if that to you the steps that the team is taking are not big enough (as evidenced by your demeaning comments), but as I said earlier, if you have so much football knowledge to share, send in that resume!

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have seen OC play more than you have this season. Coach Jackson has a great offensive mind. The problem within the OC program right now is confidence or a lack thereof. Coach Jackson has said in The Messenger that right now when one thing goes wrong this "here we go again" mentality sets in and I've seen it alot myself over the years. It took a whole season for things to get as bad as they have and it is not gonna fix itself overnight. As far as what he said at halftime, he wasn't off on that comment. UC's pass rush was effective, but there was several times Jackson had all the time to throw and was overthrowing his receivers. Those years he didn't play are catching up to him.

But wouldn't you have to say that someone other than a kid or coach wearing the Red, White & Blue had something to do with that?? I do and that is the problem!!

Not admitting that someone else is causing the problems other than your own team.

Right now, I think like another poster did that South Fulton would give the Rebels all and more than they could handle and they are even a small system than Union City with a pretty good ball team right now.

Closed practices? When did that happen? Sure, the red gate by the high school is closed. However, someone said that the AD Coach Victory closed it to keep players and students from driving over. The back gate has never been closed. Besides, if he wanted to close practice, is that not his choice as the head coach??? As far as coming in and showing stuff, is it not true he has the credentials? Was Rome built in a day? A week? A season? I think its truly amazing that there are 80 guys or so when they only had 40 or 50 the past few seasons!

Kids are here at OC....as evidenced by my previous statement. If you think the program could be run a certain way, then put your name in and become a volunteer coach. Right now, there are only five coaches and I am sure they could use some help from someone who has so much knowledge. That's five coaches managing over 80 players.....not to mention that they also have to run those players while they play JV and freshmen football. So, in reality, they are a little short-handed. So, turn your resume into Mr. Powell and see what you can do to help!

Coach Jackson appears to have them going in the right direction. I'm sorry if that to you the steps that the team is taking are not big enough (as evidenced by your demeaning comments), but as I said earlier, if you have so much football knowledge to share, send in that resume!

Nice post /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

The Obion Coach said on the count down to kick off show that the week PRIOR to playing Union City, he closed practrice the entire week and his works were...."You Never Know Who Might Show Up"

But wouldn't you have to say that someone other than a kid or coach wearing the Red, White & Blue had something to do with that?? I do and that is the problem!!

Not admitting that someone else is causing the problems other than your own team.

Right now, I think like another poster did that South Fulton would give the Rebels all and more than they could handle and they are even a small system than Union City with a pretty good ball team right now.

What does South Fulton have to do with any of this? /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" /> You're really digging for ways to cut at OC now. You are the one that needs to worry about the Red Devils. /ph34r.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":ph34r:" border="0" alt="ph34r.gif" /> If Coach J doesn't work out,please put in for the job next time. We could use somebody with your knowledge, /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

How many of you folks were at the game and noticed the big fella #54 pushing Speed around early in the game.....well, he was ejected late in the game and had another personal foul called and he now is out for the Rebels next game.

I was told today by a VERY good source, some of the players from Obion were playing to hurt someone and one of them got caught....again #54.

In the rule....the quarter backs are protected weather you pass or hand off. I was also told by a longtime official, that if this was happening, the kid or kids should have been ejected early.

Also, after about two or three of those push downs by #54, Speed turned his back and the kid quit know he would be call for a clip......this was called from U C sidelines.

What Union City did, was go in at halftime, make adjustments and came out and said....OK Obion Stop me if you can and they couldn't!!

Union City 19

Obion 6

It is true about #54 making cheap shots. There was one instance where he kicked a player in the face while he was on the field.

Things are turning around for the OC bunch tho. A much improved squad took the field this year for the rebels and its only a matter of time before the few "rotten apples" are weeded out. Keep with it guys.

I do have to disagree with the implications of all the talk about 70 or 80 kids being a good sign for the football team. While that shows interest in football, most (not all) of the good teams that have gone through OC in previous years had a relatively small number of players, and definitely not 80! Too many players can be a distraction. But Coach Jackson has time to weed out the "rotten apples" and expect a decent year next year. Good luck guys and wish this wasn't the last year to see the UC-OC game!! /sad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" />

Man, what brilliance! If only someone could have gotten to Coach Jackson and let him know this isn't a college team! Wow, can you imagine the turnaround? If only he didn't have closed practices, and if only he had scrimmaged someone, and if only he would give credit to other teams, and if only he would realize he is being outcoached, and if only OC would realize that even beating little 1A UC wouldn't have been good! Dude, give it a break. Your feeble statements at the end of your posts in wishing the Rebels well does nothing to hide the hypocrisy in the body of your posts. You are a primary poster of how parents in OC run off coaches, then you get on here and bash everything Coach Jackson does. Let me emphasize that the last 3 football coaches at OC left of their own accord, not having been run off. Your constant postings about OC are the very pot-stirring antics I have posted about in the past. But here are a few realizations for you:

Jackson knows he's not at a college, he can close any practice he desires without answering to you or anyone else, he can elect not to scrimmage to work on his newly instilled program and it NOT be the doom of his season, he can challenge his players instead of saying well it was the rush that caused our problems, and if you think he was outcoached you know nothing about coaching. His plan was to eliminate Speed and he did that. The OC offense faltered (partially from the UC defense) and partially from not executing. Despite the rantings of those like you, OC is in full support of Coach Jackson and this Rebel bunch. So, either become a Rebel supporter or leave it to those who are. The good news is that if UC played the OC schedule, this win would make them 1-9 on the season.

And it is UC that should be studying SF. OC doesn't play them.

I do find it hilarious though how you always have the word from a reliable source.