Union City @ Obion County Central...Who Wins?

uctfan

Thought I would go ahead and post this game.

Who wins ??

Union City has out scored the other team ( 4 games 3 - 1 ) by 138 to 84.

Obion County on the other hand has given up 197 points to their 61 points scored.

Now, from what I know and have been told, Obion will not be able to stop the veer and Speed. Union City might have a difficult time with the pass ( but did show some signs of better pass defense ) against McKenzie.

If Union City scores early and play like they did in the first half against McKenzie.....lights out for Obion and fast.

On the other hand, if Union City plays like they did on offense in the second half of the McKenzie game, Obion will stay around.

Also if Union City cuts down on their turnovers and completes a few more passes....

Union City by at least 3 T D's.

As for Obion the rest of the season after Union City....Crockett Co., Dyer Co., Covington., Haywood Co. and Brighton.

Obion County COULD be looking at another 0 - 10 season once again.

I have heard some comments already of how much the new coach was trying to keep Obion's game plan a secret at the beginning of the year and most are wondering what and when the secret comes out.

I really think this new coach has some good things going but there is the Talent at Obion County to play with most on their schedule and I said MOST on their schedule. It was done with Coach Hill and Coach Bowling as well as in the 70's and 80's at times.

Good Luck to both team and hope is played injury free with GREAT sportsmanship.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Union City fans are not going to like to hear this but it's the truth....This is OC's easiest game of the year...If we played the Rebels schedule we would be 0-4 right now also...They have a KILLER schedule...They have already seen better athletes and teams than UC has played....OC ALWAYS wants to beat Union City more than anyone on their schedule even though it has absolutely NO BEARING on whether a win will put the Rebels in the playoffs or not...

The Rebels will have a style of play that will give UC problems...I still haven't seen UC really defend a pass consistently...UC played soft in the secondary against McKenzie...I couldn't believe the M Rebels were not throwing more....I posted in another thread if I was Shawn Jackson I wouldn't run the ball one single time...I was serious about that...ucdiditagain posted that UC has given up 84 points in 4 games..That comes out to 22 points a game..Shutting out Dresden really wasn't that big a deal..They didn't even test UC's secondary and ran basically the same plays..That's a defensive coordinators dream....The Tornadoes were also beat on the flanks against McKenzie...The Tornado ends were losing contain and leaving huge open areas on the corners...OC has athletes..Don't be fooled into thinking otherwise..If the Tornadoes don't go into this game with their minds right it's going to be a long embarrassing night in Troy....UC has also got to get better at holding onto the ball...They have to cut out the penalties and they are not very good in punt or kick-off coverage...That has to get better also...I think the Rebels will put up alot more of a fight this year than they did last season against Union City...

OC's problem will be stopping the UC offense...They have had alot more problem with the mis-direction plays and sweeps than they have with teams running right at them...I think they may not be as disciplined against what UC will throw at them...You have to be aware of the pass in this UC offense as well as trying to figure out what Speed is going to do with the ball...UC will look to control the ball and keep OC's pass offense off the field but they will have to also be balanced...They may need to try another play on the first play of the game this time...Three games in a row they have thrown on the opening play...

I think UC will be able to control the clock against OC...I think the Tornadoes will get out early on the Rebels and that will bring on that old "here we go again" way of thinking by the OC players...OC will score on this defense and I think Jackson Yeager will have some big numbers...UC will have to keep an eye on Calhoun,Haskins,Minnick and J Williams....

My prediction is Union City-48 Obion Central-27

All depends on the OC defense. The Rebs looked good early on Friday night but faltered towards the half. I still believe it is an issue with where personnel are assigned on defense and play calling on offense. But, he is the man with the job and that is his call. I believe OC can score against UC, it will simply be a matter of how well they contain the QB and how much they let UC play ball control. Being an old rivalry game, I'll pick this one from the heart.

OC by 10 points.

Go Rebels!!

And how does UC deal with the no huddle, fast paced offense that OC runs? Just a thought.......

Union City is NO huddle as well.

Should be interesting.

I know there are some folks who still say, if we beat Union City that is good enough for us, especially with Coach Bowling at U C now.

Then there are others who want to win and consider a win against Union City senseless.

I hope for a clean, fun and exciting game to watch. Honestly, Union City really comes in as the underdog in this game simply due to the Single A team vs. the AAA team.

I really think Union City will run the ball well against the Rebels and the Rebels will get yards in the air against U C.

Also, look for the Rebels to come out and throw some junk plays at Union City to get them rattled early in the game.

We have been in every game so far and this is why I think if it comes down at the end, Union City WILL come away with w "W".

The game might be close in the beginning when OC's intensity and emotions are high and they are motivated. Once that "high" is gone and the emotions calm down, UC should win. I understand and agree that OC plays in a tough region, but their troubles are not only a tough schedule. They have a young, inexperienced head coach that is learning how to run his own program. His offensive mind and his ability to get the kids excited is good. He just needs more time to figure out how to iron out the wrinkles.

I am a stout and loyal UC fan, but I like for the county to do well also, just not at the expense of UC.

Being at OC the rebels will keep it close in the first half. Second half will be all Union City. I think UC's pass rush will create opportunities for interceptions.

Not If they play a relaxed man d like they did against McKenzie!!! The D did look better tho, from the stands it seemed to look like they had the old "11 players to the ball" mentality. Whether that carries over to this week remains to be seen. I predict a slow first half with a high scoring, edge of your seat, nail-biter in the second half. I can remember waiting in the locker room to play UC when I was in school. It will be the funnest game of the year for both teams, (barring either one play in the state championship game). Its hard to pick against my alma mater so I say it ends in a tie and both teams walk away content. /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Ahh, what a tangled web. This game is all about bragging rights. And anyone who says it doesn't matter to the kids is poorly informed. It's not about a 1A versus 3A, not about region wins or playoff implications. It's about playing your neighbor. And it could very well be the last time for a while.

OC has shown some improvement on the defensive side. They are reading better but still have far too many missed tackles. I look for them to try and force the pitch and make the S-backs beat them (at least I would). Yes, UC will throw a few passes, but i think that will be controlled. After Friday's game in Dyersburg, I hope Yeager is on target more so on his passes. Several big opportunities were missed with errant throws. Yes some of them were caused by the D'burg pass rush, but some were simply off target. Now, having seen UC, I don't see them applying the pass rush that D'burg did. Hopefully Yeager will get good protection and hit receivers. He's a good kid and not a bad QB.

Junk plays? I haven't seen OC run any junk plays in an attempt to rattle their opponents. OC is busy trying to get acclimated with their new offense and defense for that matter. I don't expect there will be "junk plays" from the Rebels. Jackson is very knowledgeable. I don't agree with everything he does, but wouldn't expect him to agree with me either. If he stays at OC, I expect positive results in the future.

And I think you would be hard pressed to find any Rebel fans that are happy just to beat UC. These fans and kids alike are ready to get back on track in all games, especially in their own region. OC doesn't look at this as their championship game any more than UC does. I do agree with P&G, this will be OC's easiest opponent. Not that UC is a bad team, but as he said, OC sees quality talent, size and speed every week beyond what UC has or OC themselves.

Bottom line, if OC brings heart to the game, they are in the game Friday. I don't expect either side to have to "hold back any hosses". Go Rebels!!

Ahh, what a tangled web. This game is all about bragging rights. And anyone who says it doesn't matter to the kids is poorly informed. It's not about a 1A versus 3A, not about region wins or playoff implications. It's about playing your neighbor. And it could very well be the last time for a while.

OC has shown some improvement on the defensive side. They are reading better but still have far too many missed tackles. I look for them to try and force the pitch and make the S-backs beat them (at least I would). Yes, UC will throw a few passes, but i think that will be controlled. After Friday's game in Dyersburg, I hope Yeager is on target more so on his passes. Several big opportunities were missed with errant throws. Yes some of them were caused by the D'burg pass rush, but some were simply off target. Now, having seen UC, I don't see them applying the pass rush that D'burg did. Hopefully Yeager will get good protection and hit receivers. He's a good kid and not a bad QB.

Junk plays? I haven't seen OC run any junk plays in an attempt to rattle their opponents. OC is busy trying to get acclimated with their new offense and defense for that matter. I don't expect there will be "junk plays" from the Rebels. Jackson is very knowledgeable. I don't agree with everything he does, but wouldn't expect him to agree with me either. If he stays at OC, I expect positive results in the future.

And I think you would be hard pressed to find any Rebel fans that are happy just to beat UC. These fans and kids alike are ready to get back on track in all games, especially in their own region. OC doesn't look at this as their championship game any more than UC does. I do agree with P&G, this will be OC's easiest opponent. Not that UC is a bad team, but as he said, OC sees quality talent, size and speed every week beyond what UC has or OC themselves.

Bottom line, if OC brings heart to the game, they are in the game Friday. I don't expect either side to have to "hold back any hosses". Go Rebels!!

Trust Me...we all want the Rebels to do well. They are all great kids and folks and I really think that if a coach would just stay there for any length of time, Obion County would get a little bit better every time.

Good Luck and........