Hampton vs West Greene

redneck12

Ouch. That loss has to hurt. West Greene is a powerhouse though. Have they even ever made the playoffs? I'm calling it now. The Grace Christian Academy takes little Hampton to the woodshed.

I think all loses hurt,and you've not beat Hampton yet. The score is 0 to 0. Coalfield kept it close for a long time tonight. Oneida walked all over Coalfield. I wouldn't get too excited.

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think all loses hurt,and you've not beat Hampton yet. The score is 0 to 0. Coalfield kept it close for a long time tonight. Oneida walked all over Coalfield. I wouldn't get too excited.

Went to H2O tonight pujo. To watch the top region 2 team play. Not a last year Hampton team for sure. The playoffs this year will be tougher than last year, I think. If thats possible. Tighten them Dogs up. Send them to the playoffs.

Unless some things change we are looking at playing for third or fourth place. We had no leaders down the stretch tonight. I don't think that anyone from West Greene thought that Hampton could stop them on that last drive. We pushed the panic button. I saw finger-pointing and a few other things near the end. We didn't look very good at Unaka and we squeaked by a winless Unicoi team. I admire Coach Andrews for trying to get the team up and ready to play. But he shouldn't have to.

Hats off to a very good West Greene football team. In a lot of ways West Greene played old Hampton football. They just lined up and ran over us. Coach Case has done a great job. Those kids showed heart all night long. Us, well we didn't and to me thats sad. We are a better ballclub than we are playing. Will we reach our potential? Dont know the answer to that one. Only thing I know is we better wake up fast.

WG probably deserves a little credit as well

thanks pujo for that remark im here to tell you these young men have worked there tales off over the last year to get stronger physically and mentally ,now about our coaching staff we have now he has to break a bunch of old habits that were taught by the old administration and he finally is seeming to gain ground congrats to Coach Case and his buffs

and i looked for ya last night pujo , hate we didnt get to meet

West Greene is a great team and gj to then. Hampton is a great team as well but some of the players need to start showing some leadership, the pieces are there just got to put them together. Hampton will rebound and i expect a great game at grace /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

Ouch. That loss has to hurt. West Greene is a powerhouse though. Have they even ever made the playoffs? I'm calling it now. The Grace Christian Academy takes little Hampton to the woodshed.

i would say your woodshed woundn't hold i light to hamptons practice this coming week. /hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" />

If Hampton could play with intensity for an entire game, they'd do MUCH better. Hats off to West Greene, they've improved dramatically, and should make some serious noise in their region. To be honest, it's about time, as their fans would probably tell you. One problem Hampton has is they seem to wait to decide playing ball. Robertson and Blackmon play hard all the time, but until the line gets to blocking with intensity, both on offense and defence, they're gonna have trouble. I wonder if they're riding on the seasons past, instead of writing their own story. I'm sure the coaches are saying this, but until the players start doing it, they will have problems. Again, congrats to West Greene, you guys have a tough team.

I was at the game last night, had the best seat in the house. I am a member of the West Greene chain gang. And I am also a parent of one of the players a senior who has suffered through 3 years of losing . I dont know who is the better team I believe that heart and will power goes a long way on a football field. Last night my beloved BUFFALOES were the better team score board said so. Now to what I can't believe is how Hampton's coaches degraded their players . A sailors mouth was cleaner than some of the coaches Hampton had last night .Nothing wrong with a good butt chewing . But using the F word so many times I could'nt count is uncalled for and unprofessional. One coach told one kid to grow some F'N balls. Do not deny it because I was standing right there. If a coach would tell my kid in those words he had better grow him some when I got in reach of him. I've coached young men in baseball most of my adult life and have never used that kind of language toward any of them. I do chew them out but I try to do it with respect. And to my beloved BUFFALOES enjoy your success YOU HAVE EARNED IT. Great job Coach Case and staff, keep up the good work. West Greene Chain Gang Member!

If Hampton could play with intensity for an entire game, they'd do MUCH better. Hats off to West Greene, they've improved dramatically, and should make some serious noise in their region. To be honest, it's about time, as their fans would probably tell you. One problem Hampton has is they seem to wait to decide playing ball. Robertson and Blackmon play hard all the time, but until the line gets to blocking with intensity, both on offense and defence, they're gonna have trouble. I wonder if they're riding on the seasons past, instead of writing their own story. I'm sure the coaches are saying this, but until the players start doing it, they will have problems. Again, congrats to West Greene, you guys have a tough team.

I'll reply to this one 88, Ialways love you're posts. You are on time every time. These guys have alway had great leaders in front of them ,they have been lead. They now have to learn how to lead. The team hs players,they are big and strong ,got desent speed, just don't have the focus and pride to take care on business on every down. Time for some kids to step to the front.

I was at the game last night, had the best seat in the house. I am a member of the West Greene chain gang. And I am also a parent of one of the players a senior who has suffered through 3 years of losing . I dont know who is the better team I believe that heart and will power goes a long way on a football field. Last night my beloved BUFFALOES were the better team score board said so. Now to what I can't believe is how Hampton's coaches degraded their players . A sailors mouth was cleaner than some of the coaches Hampton had last night .Nothing wrong with a good butt chewing . But using the F word so many times I could'nt count is uncalled for and unprofessional. One coach told one kid to grow some F'N balls. Do not deny it because I was standing right there. If a coach would tell my kid in those words he had better grow him some when I got in reach of him. I've coached young men in baseball most of my adult life and have never used that kind of language toward any of them. I do chew them out but I try to do it with respect. And to my beloved BUFFALOES enjoy your success YOU HAVE EARNED IT. Great job Coach Case and staff, keep up the good work. West Greene Chain Gang Member!

First of all, great job to your buffaloes, they were the better team. Now to the matter at hand, emotions were running high last night, some things might have been said that maybe was or was not deserved. But I have to disagree with you on this, whats wrong with kids today is that they have been coddled and told that your the best on the team, the team cant make it without you, trust me, you wont find a more professional staff than we have.They love these kids like their own. They want them to succeed. Parents have got to realize that little Johnny needs discipline, that is something that is not happening these days. Kids do what they want and as long as little Johnny is getting the credit its ok, but when someone yanks a knot in their butt, its quitting time. I have seen this a thousand times, parents think their kids are special, that they are better than they are. Theres nothing wrong with giving all the praise in the world. I love my kid to death. But I also try to make him realize that life aint fair, too bad. Just go do your best and what happens happens. No ONE player is better than the team. Attitudes in sports and life have to change. These coaches chew butt when they have to , and praise and love these kids like their own. NO one on this staff wants to see these kids fail, they want them to succeed in sports and in life. Too bad that parents cant just sit back think about this.

I know when I played, coach Lunsford dropped a lot of F-bombs on us before games and during half-time. My dad is a preacher and one time he came in the locker room and I was like "Oh my God". After the game, he told me that I couldn't play anymore if thats how it was every game. I begged him to let me keep playing and he did. The point I'm trying to make is this: the west greene poster is right on the money. You can be tough on kids and chew their butts without all the profanity. People don't need to miss the point on this. I was never petted and pampered growing up, but my parents never used one foul word my entire life. There is a right way and a wrong way to do things.