Hampton vs West Greene

redneck12

I know when I played, coach Lunsford dropped a lot of F-bombs on us before games and during half-time. My dad is a preacher and one time he came in the locker room and I was like "Oh my God". After the game, he told me that I couldn't play anymore if thats how it was every game. I begged him to let me keep playing and he did. The point I'm trying to make is this: the west greene poster is right on the money. You can be tough on kids and chew their butts without all the profanity. People don't need to miss the point on this. I was never petted and pampered growing up, but my parents never used one foul word my entire life. There is a right way and a wrong way to do things.

I'd say its pretty rare to find kids on the team that don't use the same language themselves. Don't want my kids doing it and if I heard it ,I'd jerk a knot in their tail. But in the end ,foul language is only words ,slang for other words.Its not really all that big of a deal.

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've used a few of them myself, but there is really no way anyone can justify it. There are Christians out there who don't want to hear it and it should be respected. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Christians live in the real world, they see and hear it all, they just have to be no part of it. As Jesus said ,go into the world ,but be no part of it. I live in the real world and so will my children, I;ll do my best to teach them right from wrong. .Hopefully they'll choose the right. No garantees. I'll say my prayers.

Wonder what will happen to these cussers on judgement day, if thats the worst thing they do, I can't see them in a lake of fire for eternity. Sounds a little harsh to me. I don't care anything for ,but I can think of alot worse things. The funny part to me is ,alot of these people only use this language during ballgames. You never hear it out of them in their daily lives. My guess is ,nearly all the college coaches curse like crazy. Its just the way they express themselves.

i think cussing a player is a little harsh but sometimes they need a little nudge telling the child to grow some isnt that bad but dropping the F bomb was not relly nessasary but as far as cussing in general and biblical goes i believe they are a proper stand point and a flat out sinning stand point I myself dont like hearing the Lords name in vain that is how it is worded in the Bible.....

but using the language described just isnt proper if that makes any sense to ya"ll???? i wouldnt like my kid being cussed but if ya got to motivate tear into his rear end with cussing like your in a bar somewheres after all it is high school football and sadly thier is alot of kids that need thier own mouth washed out with soap and is probably what i wouldve gotten as a kid if i wouldve been so disrespectful to try that in front of my old man where aZAa's dad was the pastor mine was the song leader....lol that dog wouldnt hunt with me either....lol

Wonder what will happen to these cussers on judgement day, if thats the worst thing they do, I can't see them in a lake of fire for eternity. Sounds a little harsh to me. I don't care anything for ,but I can think of alot worse things. The funny part to me is ,alot of these people only use this language during ballgames. You never hear it out of them in their daily lives. My guess is ,nearly all the college coaches curse like crazy. Its just the way they express themselves.

I've heard this complaint before. I'm sure every coaching staff has let some words fly at one time or another, the kids have heard it all before, they're not infants. Probably most of them use those words (or worse) themselves. I don't cuss, and I don't care for hearing it myself, but that's just part of sideline life in sports. Like you said, Pujo, there are much worse sins than hearing some foul words thrown around on the sidelines.

I've heard this complaint before. I'm sure every coaching staff has let some words fly at one time or another, the kids have heard it all before, they're not infants. Probably most of them use those words (or worse) themselves. I don't cuss, and I don't care for hearing it myself, but that's just part of sideline life in sports. Like you said, Pujo, there are much worse sins than hearing some foul words thrown around on the sidelines.

We always see things ,just alike. And again I agree

First of all Congrats to them Buffaloes, They have worked hard to get to this point under the direction of coach Case. I have nothing but pure respect for the way he has led this football team. My son is a senior as well and they deserve credit for their accomplishments this year. Now about the profanity, I agree to some degree that tempers and emotions will fly from time to time. But I myself as well as another poster that I read have coached little league baseball from minors to junior little league and have never used such fowl language toward one of my players. It is very disrespectful and not a necessary part of any game. The chain gang poster is spot on in what he is saying because I was along the fence over there myself and heard alot of it. The problem I have with it is the fact that it is not only the players and coaches out there, there is families out there as well. Lots of them are women and smaller family members of the players. Under no circumstances should they have to hear that kind of language. I am referring to the big words that was spoken mostly, I am guilty myself from time to time of saying the smaller ones when I shouldn't. Someone made a reference that the kids in some cases probably say them too, my answer to that is they are children and they had to hear it before they knew how to say it. This is just one mans opinion and not intended to stirr up any fuss, simply my outlook on this. Hampton has no doubt got a very good football program and I have heard great things about their coach. I think they are young and just need to develop (just like west greene). I would like to compliment the parents and supporters who came out to see the game with the bulldogs, they showed great support for those guys and even though they were out numbered they made almost as much noise over there as we did! LOL. Every team needs that kind of support!!!! It helps tremendously!!! Good luck to you guys and i do have to close by saying "HOW ABOUT THEM BUFFALOES"!!!!!!!!!!

Ok here we go again , lets bash the hampton coaching staff for the foul language on the sidelines. I bet if this was last year down the road at the playoffs and the words were flying , but Hampton was winning all the way.........yep! ,you got it there was not a word said about the words that were flying around. Can anybody just play a ballgame and goto the house anymore.

I think that people spend to much time focusing on the things that are not important and forget about the things that are. I bet if the people on the sidelines and the fence that heard all of this "language", would have walked around to the other side of the fence and the sidelines shhhhhhhhhhhhhh.......I bet they would have heard language too.

Do you listen to radio? Do you watch TV? Do you goto the Movies? DO YOU GO INTO THE PUBLIC......well if the language barrier is what is bothering you then you better prepare like it is Y2K again and stock up because its everywhere.......better watch out the language is gonna get ya all!

I have to say my son plays ball and I have never heard him say a harsh word but I myself DO NOT want a coach to say come here son let me rub your sore arm or better be careful.....now that team just scored but thats ok sugar pie go on back to the field mr coachie poo wont let them get ya. That is what is wrong with the world today.........

Remember NOBODYS PERFECT>>>>>>>>>>and if the language kept you up last night then go getcha you some medicine........GO DOGS GO MR LUNCEFORD GO MR CAMPBELL GO MR ANDREWS GO MR MCCLAIN GO MR KELLY GO MR JENKINS

AND YOU GO MICHAEL LET THE WORDS HAUNT THOSE THAT WERE AFRAID>>>>>>>>> IF YOU CANT SAY GOOD WORDS THEN PLEASE WHISPER THE BAD>.....hahahahah

First of all, great job to your buffaloes, they were the better team. Now to the matter at hand, emotions were running high last night, some things might have been said that maybe was or was not deserved. But I have to disagree with you on this, whats wrong with kids today is that they have been coddled and told that your the best on the team, the team cant make it without you, trust me, you wont find a more professional staff than we have.They love these kids like their own. They want them to succeed. Parents have got to realize that little Johnny needs discipline, that is something that is not happening these days. Kids do what they want and as long as little Johnny is getting the credit its ok, but when someone yanks a knot in their butt, its quitting time. I have seen this a thousand times, parents think their kids are special, that they are better than they are. Theres nothing wrong with giving all the praise in the world. I love my kid to death. But I also try to make him realize that life aint fair, too bad. Just go do your best and what happens happens. No ONE player is better than the team. Attitudes in sports and life have to change. These coaches chew butt when they have to , and praise and love these kids like their own. NO one on this staff wants to see these kids fail, they want them to succeed in sports and in life. Too bad that parents cant just sit back think about this.

If you read my comment .I said I believe in a good butt chewing. But I don't believe in all the profanity. I had the privilege of being the head coach of the Tennessee State Champs 15 and 16 year olds this year. Went to Flordia finished third in the Southeast Regional. Every man on the team at one time or another got their butt chewed out more than once. I didn't have to use the F word not one time.You can chew a kid out without profanity. Ask any Kid that has ever played for me or any parent that has let their kid play for me they do what I say when I say it because I respect them and they respect me because I earn their respect . I use what I was taught as a player by my coaches and it wasn't how to curse it was how to play. And as you say coddling my kids ask my two sons if they we ever coddled they will laugh at you . And I will not hide behind a computer nick name my name is Gene Lamb. And I will say this Two of your coaches did say something too a couple of the coaches when they we cursing but it didn't do any good.

A little late but here goes:

Congratulations to the West Greene Buffaloes from a Hampton Bulldog fan who was at the game. The Buffaloes have come a long way and definitely deserved the victory. All West Greene fans should be very proud of their Buffaloes.

Best of luck on the rest of your season. Hope you win out!!!!

/thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

First of all Congrats to them Buffaloes, They have worked hard to get to this point under the direction of coach Case. I have nothing but pure respect for the way he has led this football team. My son is a senior as well and they deserve credit for their accomplishments this year. Now about the profanity, I agree to some degree that tempers and emotions will fly from time to time. But I myself as well as another poster that I read have coached little league baseball from minors to junior little league and have never used such fowl language toward one of my players. It is very disrespectful and not a necessary part of any game. The chain gang poster is spot on in what he is saying because I was along the fence over there myself and heard alot of it. The problem I have with it is the fact that it is not only the players and coaches out there, there is families out there as well. Lots of them are women and smaller family members of the players. Under no circumstances should they have to hear that kind of language. I am referring to the big words that was spoken mostly, I am guilty myself from time to time of saying the smaller ones when I shouldn't. Someone made a reference that the kids in some cases probably say them too, my answer to that is they are children and they had to hear it before they knew how to say it. This is just one mans opinion and not intended to stirr up any fuss, simply my outlook on this. Hampton has no doubt got a very good football program and I have heard great things about their coach. I think they are young and just need to develop (just like west greene). I would like to compliment the parents and supporters who came out to see the game with the bulldogs, they showed great support for those guys and even though they were out numbered they made almost as much noise over there as we did! LOL. Every team needs that kind of support!!!! It helps tremendously!!! Good luck to you guys and i do have to close by saying "HOW ABOUT THEM BUFFALOES"!!!!!!!!!!

I agree!! If the coaches don't teach these kids the right thing they are not doing their job..... It' right or it's wrong, no middle ground on this one! This is not the first time for these coaches, how can we expect the players to clean their mouths up if the coaches don't. No disrespect pujo, but I(personaly) wouldn't let my son play for a coach/coaches who felt they had to use language like that. Work to hard to try to teach the right things. Trying to get them through the school day and the weekend is hard enough, these kids look up to people like your brother, he(not saying it was him) has a GREAT opertunity to lead thes kids down the right road, It's his job!!!!