Ooltewah vs Maplewood

bipbopzot

Wow - really funny - some guy threatening to beat up people behind a screen name for people also behind a screen name "bashing" players.

First of all - you all have to realize no one was "bashing" the players. People were "bashing" Coach Monroe, yes (which I don't agree with), but I didn't see it towards the players.

Saying someone isn't playing well or getting the job done at the QB, WR, punt return team etc. is far from bashing its just an observation and they have every right to make that statement. I commented and said Reed is a very good athlete and has most of the tools... tall/decent speed/good arm but either doesn't have the best throwing motion/accuracy (although his WR did drop 1 or 2catchable passes friday night) or hasn't caught on to reading defenses and its now bashing the player?

And those calling other fair weather fans saying everything was A-okay when we were winning - go back to the previous game threads and you will see just about everyone that posted had major concerns for the offense by the time we reached real competition.. sure the Owls were winning (by large margins) but weren't playing well.

With all that said - if you're to emotionally involved and connected to the program (no I'm not talking about a former player or graduate from Ooltewah like most of us are - but parents/family/even players too) I'd recommend staying away from these boards in the first place. It does no good to read them and they're all opinions of people that have nothing to do directly with the program. You'll end up getting your feelings hurt over a misunderstanding or something you disagree with. It's dumb and pointless - if you're offended by some of the stuff thats said - don't read it. And I don't mean that in a jerkish way.. it just doesn't make sense to me to be on here when involved like that.

With all that said - Go Owls - I really hope we can get the offense in gear otherwise we're going to get whipped by Farragut... if that means run the ball 99% of the time and not pass I'm all for it.

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I drove 50 miles round trip,just to watch practice(just to see,if there was any change coming)...........guess what.if the owls run the offense the way they looked like they we're going to today.The owls deserve evrything they get from here on out. nothing new,WOW!!!! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Hammer meet nail! This loss needs to be put squarely on the shoulders of Bennie Monroe! Ted Gatewood built this program and this guy is doing an excellent job of running it in the ground. Does Monroe actually think it makes him look smart by running the wing t one week, the spread the next, the I Formation the next? No wonder there is mass confusion on the field. It's not like we're playing with McCallie calibre talent if you get my drift.

Brady is becoming Monroe's scape goat and it's not right. This program needs a CHANGE! Let the coaches coach, MONROE!

Also kudos to Maplewood for providing an enjoyable atmosphere.....can't say much for the facilities.....but Ralph Thompson is a class act. I'm standing around before the game and the head coach comes up to me and talks for about 10 minutes and we talk about the guys that are being recruited from Maplewood, his time at UGA where he played, the UGA-Bama game etc. He is an absolute class act, doesn't take himself too serious, and is a heckubva motivator and coach. He's a guy that when his kids grow up, and they're working every day.....they will actually have fond memories about. Imagine that!

I am now a Maplewood fan and will be rooting for them the rest of the way.

Thanx OwlPride for the kind words and the conversation we had. I have tried in vain to get our facilities upgraded. Such is the plight of inner city schools. I wish the Owls a successful rest of the season, and hopefully we can keep this series going well into the future.

Go Owls!!!!!

If some of you so called fans continue to Bash, Slander, and degrade any of our Beloved Owl Family. I will do my best to have you removed from coacht. We all represent ourselves, community, alma mater, coaches, and players every time we post. To get Respect you must Show Respect..... I can understand posting an opinion, but quit beating your war drums over and over about the same crap. Ooltewah should be together win lose or indifferent we are a TEAM (family). Divided we will fall, together we will be ONE. Go Owls! Now move along??¦??¦??¦??¦??¦??¦??¦??¦??¦??¦??¦??¦??¦??¦??¦??¦.................2008 State Champs