Indy @ ?

hsfbfan1

Watch out Sleeper! They're circling the bandwagons! Don't you know by now that it only means something when #7 scores points? You should be getting offers of 'game tapes' any minute now from the usual suspects. Although, it was interesting in the 4th qtr. wasn't it? Put me in mind of the Dixon game a couple of years ago when Smith replaced Cordelle.

Opps! That was then and this is now. Sorry all you bandwagoners! Please, no offers of game tapes. I'll just take pride in the fact that #7 had the 'guts' to stand in there and get pounded while he lost the game.

Again, I forget the rules: when the game is lost it's a team loss; when it's won #7 won the game. My bad!

/roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

I do think you're overall point couldn't be any closer to the truth in that when a game is won it's number 7 leading the way, but when a game is lost it was his guts that impressed people and how he had no time to make any reads, etc. etc. etc.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

/roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

I do think you're overall point couldn't be any closer to the truth in that when a game is won it's number 7 leading the way, but when a game is lost it was his guts that impressed people and how he had no time to make any reads, etc. etc. etc.

sleeper look at memphis east game last year - what was that about - they memphis East one of the worst teams in the entire state and he almolst made a game out of it with his pick 6 and other bad throws- the kid had his chance- no worries i am sure you can follow his football career when he is the starting QB for the college intramural flag football team - KEEP US UPDATED

That's fine. But I will take a different approach. The 9 starters lost from the 06 team were Grigsby, Haney, and Hazard on the OL. Darnell at WR. On defense Grigsby (DL), Sheffield and Martin at LB, Darnell at CB, and Dilereto at S. I attended half of their games that year and am basing my information off of those games and word of mouth.

YEAH on the above mentioned ( actual 8 players ) but look at the jrs they had on the team and the extra one year of varsity ball they got under thier belt- how many true first year starters are playing this year

Now I don't want to take sides in this whole Heckman vs. Smith debate, but I will say I don't think Smith was given a fair opportunity at Independence. I know he made some mistakes, but what everyone seems to forget is the kid was a first-year starter. No matter what year you are, if you're taking the reigns of the team for the first time, you're going to make some inexperienced mistakes. I've seen Heckman make the same mistakes as Smith. And not to make excuses for the kid, but he wasn't exactly thrown into the best situation; they had lost alot of key guys-especially on the O-line, Pettigrew wasn't 100% yet, their star QB quit abruptly after Week 0, he hadn't taken alot of snaps with the first team. And MBA is not exactly the team you want a first-year starter debuting against. The one argument I keep hearing is Smith's performance in the Memphis East game. Look, every QB is going to have a terrible game now and then, but you don't bench a kid as a result of one game. You sit him down at practice, have him watch every mistake he makes, and have him learn from those mistakes. If you look at Graham Nichols and Chaz Scales, each at least 3 year starters (Scales 4 years), neither one of those guys were spectactular their first couple years on the job. But their respective coaches stuck with them, taught them how to fix their mistakes, and they are each currently having strong senior seasons. I believe that if Eubanks had stuck with Smith, he could have been a great QB.

YEAH on the above mentioned ( actual 8 players ) but look at the jrs they had on the team and the extra one year of varsity ball they got under thier belt- how many true first year starters are playing this year

Yes but you still count it as 9 due to the fact that you are talking about 22 different positions not necessarily 22 different players. That takes in for the account the people that started both ways. Ex. your stat of loosing 16 starters from last year is in reality actually less bodies. Issac Baugh and Scott Pettigrew started both ways last year thus accounting for 4 positions. But as i regress there are many first year starters this year. More so than last year. Is the lack of experience factor hurting them this year? I would say yes.

Now I don't want to take sides in this whole Heckman vs. Smith debate, but I will say I don't think Smith was given a fair opportunity at Independence. I know he made some mistakes, but what everyone seems to forget is the kid was a first-year starter. No matter what year you are, if you're taking the reigns of the team for the first time, you're going to make some inexperienced mistakes. I've seen Heckman make the same mistakes as Smith. And not to make excuses for the kid, but he wasn't exactly thrown into the best situation; they had lost alot of key guys-especially on the O-line, Pettigrew wasn't 100% yet, their star QB quit abruptly after Week 0, he hadn't taken alot of snaps with the first team. And MBA is not exactly the team you want a first-year starter debuting against. The one argument I keep hearing is Smith's performance in the Memphis East game. Look, every QB is going to have a terrible game now and then, but you don't bench a kid as a result of one game. You sit him down at practice, have him watch every mistake he makes, and have him learn from those mistakes. If you look at Graham Nichols and Chaz Scales, each at least 3 year starters (Scales 4 years), neither one of those guys were spectactular their first couple years on the job. But their respective coaches stuck with them, taught them how to fix their mistakes, and they are each currently having strong senior seasons. I believe that if Eubanks had stuck with Smith, he could have been a great QB.

I think that's very well said.

Any one know anything about the next game and how Indy is doing after Friday?

Ok - after reading what a bunch of grown men enjoy arguing about, I will tell you what I think Indy has going for them...

1. Indy has a new principal who loves football and supports the coaches and team

2. Indy has a huge fan support because they love those guys....winning or losing

3. Indy has had a great past and will have a great future. Yeah, this may be a team building year, but we will have W's and L's and we will learn from each! While sleeper and others want to argue about players in the past or Heckman or Smith, the team is moving on....the coaches see what each player does on and off the field and they make the decisions of who will play or not based on a lot of things that fans don't know.....get over it! Trust your coaches to make the decisions. They have to live with losses juts like the fans do...except I am sure it is way more serious to them!

4. Coach Eubanks, Coach Jones and others are just what IHS needs. They are learning, too. Cut them some slack! I've heard many students and players talk about what these men mean to them. They respect them whether IHS is winning or losing! NO ONE wants to lose!

5. A NEW ANNOUNCER that has been fabulous! Not sure who he is, but he is doing a great job!!! It was time for a change in that area and the IHS fans are happy with the new "Voice of the Eagles"!!!! He is much more upbeat and exciting which is what our team and fans need now!!! Thank you whoever you are!

Keep up the good work Eagles! Your fans support you whether you win or lose! You are a great team with a great future. Keep pluggin' ahead!

Ok - after reading what a bunch of grown men enjoy arguing about, I will tell you what I think Indy has going for them...

1. Indy has a new principal who loves football and supports the coaches and team

2. Indy has a huge fan support because they love those guys....winning or losing

3. Indy has had a great past and will have a great future. Yeah, this may be a team building year, but we will have W's and L's and we will learn from each! While sleeper and others want to argue about players in the past or Heckman or Smith, the team is moving on....the coaches see what each player does on and off the field and they make the decisions of who will play or not based on a lot of things that fans don't know.....get over it! Trust your coaches to make the decisions. They have to live with losses juts like the fans do...except I am sure it is way more serious to them!

4. Coach Eubanks, Coach Jones and others are just what IHS needs. They are learning, too. Cut them some slack! I've heard many students and players talk about what these men mean to them. They respect them whether IHS is winning or losing! NO ONE wants to lose!

5. A NEW ANNOUNCER that has been fabulous! Not sure who he is, but he is doing a great job!!! It was time for a change in that area and the IHS fans are happy with the new "Voice of the Eagles"!!!! He is much more upbeat and exciting which is what our team and fans need now!!! Thank you whoever you are!

Keep up the good work Eagles! Your fans support you whether you win or lose! You are a great team with a great future. Keep pluggin' ahead!

i so agree with your comments - and with no children at that school and just a football fanatic whom resided near the school I adopted them as my Friday night football team to support from the day they played thier first varsity game- I recall that night and the games there after from season one and can say to this date the one thing that I saw and impressed me was that in the stands I ran into over 20 people whom I know from the community Spring Hill- Thompson Station that didnt have kids out at IHS but were thier to show thier support for the school and for the love of HS football-

I can say before IHS was playing ball, I often went to FHS BHS CENT and RWOOD games and I can tell you for a new school IHS by far has the best fan base for being a new school and for not having the traditions of a FHS or BHS-as for the banter tween the schools that is all fun but to come on here and rip your old coach ( Jones ) is nothing but being a sissy and not man enough to say it to his face -I can tell you i was an o cord for a catholic school back in Illinois and we played every year the school my father, brother and i graduated from and although i hated them one day every year a ( to fire my offense up I would have burned my shirts ) as well * note idf this ever happened**

Good luck IHS

Watch out Sleeper! They're circling the bandwagons! Don't you know by now that it only means something when #7 scores points? You should be getting offers of 'game tapes' any minute now from the usual suspects. Although, it was interesting in the 4th qtr. wasn't it? Put me in mind of the Dixon game a couple of years ago when Smith replaced Cordelle.

Opps! That was then and this is now. Sorry all you bandwagoners! Please, no offers of game tapes. I'll just take pride in the fact that #7 had the 'guts' to stand in there and get pounded while he lost the game.

Again, I forget the rules: when the game is lost it's a team loss; when it's won #7 won the game. My bad!

I just want to know why every Indy thread ends up Heckman vs Smith thread. I have my suspicions, but I will keep them to myself. Your childish remarks are getting extremely boring. Nick did a very good job Friday night in relief. I also liked to see him playing WR. It just seems to me that you are no more concerned about how Indy does as a team as you are seeing Nick play QB. Please tell me why that is if you want? If not, that's ok also. There are other kids on that team that deserve to be talked about, not just Heckman and Smith. My guess is that you don't care about them, just one player. Just my opinion and I have been wrong before. The same old talk gets old. Sorry for the rant.

I just want to know why every Indy thread ends up Heckman vs Smith thread. I have my suspicions, but I will keep them to myself. Your childish remarks are getting extremely boring. Nick did a very good job Friday night in relief. I also liked to see him playing WR. It just seems to me that you are no more concerned about how Indy does as a team as you are seeing Nick play QB. Please tell me why that is if you want? If not, that's ok also. There are other kids on that team that deserve to be talked about, not just Heckman and Smith. My guess is that you don't care about them, just one player. Just my opinion and I have been wrong before. The same old talk gets old. Sorry for the rant.

I guess because this is a message board and there evidently is some controversy over there at the QB position (despite how some people on this message board think otherwise). I wish you would share with us your suspicions, but I respect you the same if you don't.

And I most certainly agree there are other kids on the team that deserve some attention on these boards. Shephard and Stannard have both been having stellar seasons. And anytime Williams has the ball and it becomes a foot race with the defender he should win every time. And Berry and Hobaugh have been getting their hats to the football this year on the defensive side of the ball.

Read the CHS 2007 post earlier in this thread. Sums up my feelings on this matter in a nutshell. It seems a shame that it takes someone from another school in this conference to see this. And by the way, Sheppard had one great night didn't he? Senior leadership? Put Seniors on the field. (And yes it was interesting also that Smith caught both passes trown in his direction for first downs, I believe.) Sorry, I guess I'm not supposed to notice that either.

FIRST AND FOREMOST - THERE IS NO QB ISSUES AT INDY